5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
March 25, 2023, 5:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Another frustrating home game, McAtee made some shocking decisions, Efete made some strange passes after he’d glided past a couple, Morris very tidy, lovely goal and Lloyd once again ran his backside off.

70 minutes in, several looking knackered and we still wait another 15 minutes to make a change. No point saying the players are tired when you don’t use what’s available.
Private Message
Hagrid
March 25, 2023, 5:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,384
Gold Stars: 532
Mcatee was frustratingly greedy. We had the chances, we didnt take them.

Found the non-use of subs odd. Another game- like wednesday- we should have won
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 44
Swansea_Mariner
March 25, 2023, 5:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Thought it was a good watch myself, both teams going for it which made for an exciting game.

Agree on the subs I thought we needed to freshen it up much earlier. Amos and Morris were excellent for me, it just didn't quite fall or work for McAtee today although the effort was definitely there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 44
moosey_club
March 25, 2023, 5:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Ultimately a very frustrating afternoon.....should have won at a canter...2 maybe 3 headers inside the box second half...Mcatee conspiring to waste some good opportunities  with wrong decisions.
Lack of subs again when the front 3 were looking devoid of ideas for most of the second half...far too late at 85 mins.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 44
Mayaman
March 25, 2023, 5:49pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,400
Gold Stars: 74
An entertaining game with both sides playing some good football.  Lloyd ran himself into the ground.   Beat his man when he shouldn't have int he first half and pulled back for Taylor who seemed to think he's already done his job.  McAtee constantly going for the sublime when the ridiculously simple ball would have done.  The easiest pass to Efete would have put him in on goal.  Scrappy goal to concede because we couldn't clear our lines.  Morris was superb.  Some quality long balls and mopping up after others' mistakes, capped by a well-struck goal. Amos who had a good game, was dead on his feet at the end. Needed fresh legs, not sure why the subs didn't come on.  I am confused about Scannel and his disappearance from the squad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 44
DB
March 25, 2023, 5:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.48
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Mayaman
An entertaining game with both sides playing some good football.  Lloyd ran himself into the ground.   Beat his man when he shouldn't have int he first half and pulled back for Taylor who seemed to think he's already done his job.  McAtee constantly going for the sublime when the ridiculously simple ball would have done.  The easiest pass to Efete would have put him in on goal.  Scrappy goal to concede because we couldn't clear our lines.  Morris was superb.  Some quality long balls and mopping up after others' mistakes, capped by a well-struck goal. Amos who had a good game, was dead on his feet at the end. Needed fresh legs, not sure why the subs didn't come on. I am confused about Scannel and his disappearance from the squad.

In the post match JT asked Hurst about this. The answer was  that the system he started to play was changed which didn't suit Scannel.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 44
Spurn boy
March 25, 2023, 5:52pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 26
I found today’s game got increasingly frustrating the longer it went on, we played so well and deserved the goal even if the corner kick was poor. After we had scored we just got so nervous and started playing like a different team and think the players just eased off. Poor play from Amos to concede the corner that resulted in their goal and from that moment they gained confidence. Not sure about our formation as 3 up front causes a bit of confusion between them and maybe replacing Taylor with Hunt or Clifton with 20 minutes to go might have been an option. Disappointed with some of Mcatee’s decision making today and Efete was so good but so bad at the same time. Both Green and Morris joint MOM for me but I’m disappointed with the result as I thought 3 points was coming our way when we scored. UTM

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 44
LH
March 25, 2023, 5:55pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,500
Gold Stars: 173
Two points dropped imo - should have been well ahead at half time. Good finish from Morris, chaotic goal for them but it’s not as if we didn’t have the chances to put the game to bed. I think Maher and their keeper can both be thankful the ref had no idea what he was doing today. We need to sign Lloyd permanently.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 44
paramariner
March 25, 2023, 6:04pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +197
Gold Stars: 8
Shocked that there's hardly any mention of how dire the Ref was today.  I know it's become expected at almost every game, but that guy today was abysmal
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 44
It Bites
March 25, 2023, 6:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,183
Gold Stars: 260
I've enjoyed the last 2 games . Both good games of football with all 3 teams lacking in the final 3rd .
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 44
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.