Hagrid
January 24, 2023, 12:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,989
Gold Stars: 507
Defenders, No Cropper or Amos
Midfield, No Kiernan- currently- Khan Rumoured to be injured, Wearne and O Neill Cup tied
Up top- Taylor Mcatee Injured/ ineligible

if we dont sign anyone i'd imagine

Crocombe
    Smith Waterfall maher
Efete                               Glennon
       Green Clifton Morris
                  Holohan
                    Orsi

Bench- Scannell, Khouri, Hunt, Pearson, Battersby, and genuinely dont think we have anyone else.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mariner_09
January 24, 2023, 12:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
From having two players of equal quality in more or less every position in September, this is getting ridiculous.

I'm probably his biggest supporter and I can't get my head round this. We are so exposed to injuries in basically every position bar central midfield. We have no wide players, bar an unfit Scanz.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 86
immariner
January 24, 2023, 1:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,387
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Mariner_09
From having two players of equal quality in more or less every position in September, this is getting ridiculous.

I'm probably his biggest supporter and I can't get my head round this. We are so exposed to injuries in basically every position bar central midfield. We have no wide players, bar an unfit Scanz.

Yes, because playing the parent team of our best player and having other players cup tied for the 4th round of the FA cup is an issue that should have easily been envisioned. Get a grip lad
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 86
Poojah
January 24, 2023, 1:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,489
Quoted from immariner

Yes, because playing the parent team of our best player and having other players cup tied for the 4th round of the FA cup is an issue that should have easily been envisioned. Get a grip lad

Bit silly that Wearne’s cup tied though, innit?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 86
fishcake63
January 24, 2023, 1:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.52
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,235
Gold Stars: 62
Would play hunt we need to keep the ball alot better than we have been , would be tempted to play both hunt & morris with green move clifton upto into holohan place or rwb
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 86
Southwark Mariner
January 24, 2023, 1:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,537
Gold Stars: 80
Does Amos's red card carry into a cup game? Or is he injured too?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 86
Hagrid
January 24, 2023, 1:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,989
Gold Stars: 507
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
Does Amos's red card carry into a cup game? Or is he injured too?

yeah carries over to this, because we've had our last 2 games postponed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 86
diehardmariner
January 24, 2023, 1:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +17,064
Gold Stars: 518
Can't plan for injuries but the decisions of the management team have left us with two wingers in the building. One of whom has played 12 minutes of football since May last year, the other is cup-tied.

It's the same decisions that have left us with a single available striker who's managed just over 200 minutes of first team action all season.

Kiernan going back wasn't unexpected, JMD getting released wasn't expected, Pepple and Simmonds returning to their parent clubs wasn't expected.

I've defended Hurst previously but if he fails to bring in some fresh recruits up top ahead of the weekend and most definitely ahead of the transfer window closing, absolutely massive questions need asking.

It's unacceptable that we'll go into the period of the season where its Sat-Tues-Sat with such limited options.

Never mind sleep walking into trouble, we're tightening our own blindfold here!
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 86
immariner
January 24, 2023, 1:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,387
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Poojah

Bit silly that Wearne’s cup tied though, innit?

No, not really. He was loaned out before the 1st round so the likelihood of us being in the 4th round and potentially having McAtee, Khan, Richardson and Kiernan unavailable wasn't exactly high at that point
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 86
Poojah
January 24, 2023, 1:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,489
Quoted from immariner

No, not really. He was loaned out before the 1st round so the likelihood of us being in the 4th round and potentially having McAtee, Khan, Richardson and Kiernan unavailable wasn't exactly high at that point

The honest answer is: you don’t know. Ultimately, if he’s someone who you consider you may want available for the first team later that season then you play it safe and don’t allow him to play, in my opinion.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 86
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team For Saturday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.