Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Are 1878 Any Good
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 306 Guests

Are 1878 Any Good

This thread currently has 26,908 views. Print
26 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
DB
December 4, 2022, 4:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.54
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,880
Gold Stars: 383
Let's face it compared to the last act of the old regime 1878 have only done a virtual total re-vamp of the training ground, new playing surface and sprinklers at BP. Told us upfront a new ground is out of the question, at the moment, but have 5 year plan. They have now started to put more effort into the admin side of the club which was a one man and his dog affair. O and there's that little matter of promotion back into the EFL at the first attempt.

The old regime in their last 6 months failed to buy any new players in the January transfer window, although they said the money was available! Their dying act was to see the club relegated to the national league.

We now have people on here complaining the accounts might not be on time etc.

I for one am very pleased with 1878 for getting the club back into the EFL. I don't believe relegation is on the calendar and, if we have success in the 2nd half of the season like last year, then another promotion may be on the cards.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
GYinScuntland
December 4, 2022, 5:05pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,210
Gold Stars: 97
I'll warm up the popcorn maker.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 259
lukeo
December 4, 2022, 5:06pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 134
Yes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 259
HerveJosse
December 4, 2022, 5:10pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,123
Gold Stars: 134
Quoted from DB
Let's face it compared to the last act of the old regime 1878 have only done a virtual total re-vamp of the training ground, new playing surface and sprinklers at BP. Told us upfront a new ground is out of the question, at the moment, but have 5 year plan. They have now started to put more effort into the admin side of the club which was a one man and his dog affair. O and there's that little matter of promotion back into the EFL at the first attempt.

The old regime in their last 6 months failed to buy any new players in the January transfer window, although they said the money was available! Their dying act was to see the club relegated to the national league.

I for one am very pleased with 1878 for getting the club back into the EFL. I don't believe relegation is on the calendar and, if we have success in the 2nd half of the season like last year, then another promotion may be on the cards.

Another comparison with the old regime . Get out of jail free card  surely worn out .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 259
MuddyWaters
December 4, 2022, 5:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from DB

Interesting that 1878 were part of a consortium that were planning a new stadium.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 259
DB
December 4, 2022, 5:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.54
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,880
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Interesting that 1878 were part of a consortium that were planning a new stadium.

I think that is where Tom Shutes was involved with the stadium on the docks etc.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 259
Croxton
December 4, 2022, 5:37pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933
Gold Stars: 31
I'll put this misguided, though well intentioned, thread down to nerves before the England game.  

I'm having leftovers from yesterday's meal for tea tonight. Reheating this topic is even less enticing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 259
louth_in_the_south
December 4, 2022, 5:43pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
Ha excellent thread DB . What next ? Were the Nazis misunderstood?

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 259
HertsGTFC
December 4, 2022, 5:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,639
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from DB

DB as Chris Sutton says on the wireless “you’re better than that” are you familiar with the term click bait.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 259
MuddyWaters
December 4, 2022, 6:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from HertsGTFC

DB as Chris Sutton says on the wireless “you’re better than that” are you familiar with the term click bait.

Hopefully the former failed Lincoln City manager won’t get mentioned too often in the future. Thanks 🙏
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 259
26 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Are 1878 Any Good

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.