HertsGTFC
November 11, 2018, 7:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,636
Gold Stars: 217
I think we dodged a bullet there

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 58
November 11, 2018, 7:10pm
Guest User
And
Reply: 3 - 58
marinerdazza
November 11, 2018, 7:24pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,593
Gold Stars: 80
Doesn’t bear thinking about. So glad we went the way we did. Whether or not it was originally intended.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 58
jamesgtfc
November 11, 2018, 7:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,813
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from marinerdazza
Doesn’t bear thinking about. So glad we went the way we did. Whether or not it was originally intended.

In recent games we have had spells where we have played some good football. Trouble at this level is you have to earn the right to play football. I hope we can stick with Jolley because in another 2/3 transfer windows we could have a great team, playing some good football with at least another youth graduate in there too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 58
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 11, 2018, 7:53pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from jamesgtfc

In recent games we have had spells where we have played some good football. Trouble at this level is you have to earn the right to play football. I hope we can stick with Jolley because in another 2/3 transfer windows we could have a great team, playing some good football with at least another youth graduate in there too.

It needs to be a great team that gets results. If there is good football too then that is a bonus.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 58
louth_in_the_south
November 11, 2018, 8:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
Beat York and get sacked . Obviously didn’t beat them by enough

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 58
thevera
November 11, 2018, 8:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +992
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Completely agree James but unfortunately we are just one bad spell from the usual crowd calling for his head and putting pressure on him or more likely the  board to make a knee jerk decision and we are back to square one. I firmly believe we have a good one in Michael Jolley but he needs time. And by time i mean at least another 16 months. My hope for this season is to not get in a position of danger of relegation. I just wish others on this forum would be as patient.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 58
jamesgtfc
November 11, 2018, 8:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,813
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from thevera

Completely agree James but unfortunately we are just one bad spell from the usual crowd calling for his head and putting pressure on him or more likely the  board to make a knee jerk decision and we are back to square one. I firmly believe we have a good one in Michael Jolley but he needs time. And by time i mean at least another 16 months. My hope for this season is to not get in a position of danger of relegation. I just wish others on this forum would be as patient.

Bignot was a long term appointment but there were some bizarre things going on; such as the Doncaster selection, the Macca/Bignot fiasco on Humberside, telling all and sundry that players like Clifton were under contract for the following season when they were not.

It is great to see Jolley putting so much faith in young players and it would be great to see more players come through and cement a place in the first team. In order for this to happen, we as fans need to be patient. The signs are there and I am convinced Jolley will improve our squad in January.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 58
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Phil Brown

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.