WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 15, 2018, 4:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,760
Gold Stars: 177
Shrewsbury set to put 500 'safe rail seats'

So, what's that all about? And how come we can't?

https://www.shropshirestar.com.....omery-waters-meadow/

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Abdul19
May 15, 2018, 4:07pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Guessing it's because we have to have an all seater stadium, whereas they don't (yet)?  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 29
LH
May 15, 2018, 4:11pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Yeah because the law was written so that any club at the time the legislation was passed who were playing at PL or Champ level had to convert to all seater. A badly written law that ignored that football is a meritocracy that can change drastically in the space of two years.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 29
Abdul19
May 15, 2018, 4:16pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Am I right in thinking that Stockport wouldn't be allowed to have standing in the Conference North? Bonkers.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 29
Heisenberg
May 15, 2018, 4:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,816
Gold Stars: 89
Surely our ground can’t be considered ‘all-seater’ with those god-awful open, empty corners?! Rail seats should be allowed in all 3 of those.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 29
Mariner_09
May 15, 2018, 4:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
I'd love to see the new ground built on a similar mold to BP, just without the posts and not made out of wood, but with a corner and a side connected, one big double tiered stand down the other side etc and I'd like to see the equivalent of the Ponny end being an all safe standing area, be great to get all the atmosphere created at one end of the ground rather than small, very weak smatterings all over the place.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 29
ska face
May 15, 2018, 5:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,360
Gold Stars: 824
Quoted from Heisenberg
Surely our ground can’t be considered ‘all-seater’ with those god-awful open, empty corners?! Rail seats should be allowed in all 3 of those.

We wouldn’t even be able to have a rail seating area in a new, purpose-built stafoum as the law applies to the clubs (not grounds) who were in the top two divisions at the time.

I may be right in thinking that we could go out of business and come back as a different legal entity whilst still playing at BP (a la Rangers or Hereford), and then we would be allowed rail seating.

It’s insane, but the government don’t care a jot.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 29
HackneyHaddock
May 15, 2018, 5:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
This is due to be debated in parliament soon, the safe standing petition having reached 100,000 signatures.

If you care about this, please do email your MP to ask them to support trials and pilot schemes, not so it can be judged as success or failure, but so everyone can work out how it can be best made to work.

There are supporters and detractors on both sides.  Tracey Crouch, the Sports Minister, is the major block at the moment.  If you're emailing a Tory MP, maybe stress the freedom-of-choice aspect and point out that the Welsh Conservatives have already put support for safe standing in their manifesto.  If you have a Labour MP, suggest it as another way to outflank "out of touch Tories".
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 29
Kris2
May 15, 2018, 5:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
Oh here we go lol. "I want things to be like when I was a thug in the 60's, I want people to surge forward in massive crowds and crush people when a goal is scored so it's more dangerous.....I don't want to stand though I want to sit with my flask and watch it to reminisce over my youth."

It's okay you can use your decades old insults on me and tell me to give my head a wobble  . Who even says that anymore?
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 29
HackneyHaddock
May 15, 2018, 5:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Kris2
Oh here we go lol. "I want things to be like when I was a thug in the 60's, I want people to surge forward in massive crowds and crush people when a goal is scored so it's more dangerous.....I don't want to stand though I want to sit with my flask and watch it to reminisce over my youth."

I would be absolutely 100% against that and am very pleased that the only proposals being looked at are for rail seating, where each supporter gets their own barrier, their own numbered space and there is excellent provision for disabled supporters.  No-one wants to go back to crowd surges, and we hope that proper pilot schemes can provide a basis to develop safe rail seating/standing for everyone who wants to have the choice.  In my own opinion, all clubs should also be mandated to offer seats to away fans as I think it's unacceptable to sell only standing tickets to away fans and deny supporters the choice of sitting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 29
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.