3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Brazilnut
March 20, 2018, 10:49pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 30
say you won 5 mill on lottery and not wanting to spend /blow it all on town ....... you have family to look after......... so negotiated a 1 mill buy out of Fenty's loans .......would you then ask him to stay on board in an advisory role  to just guide you through all the complications /EFL meetings....  as lets face it none of us have a clue on how to actually run a club

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
March 20, 2018, 10:51pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,097
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Brazilnut
say you won 5 mill on lottery and not wanting to spend /blow it all on town ....... you have family to look after......... so negotiated a 1 mill buy out of Fenty's loans .......would you then ask him to stay on board in an advisory role  to just guide you through all the complications /EFL meetings....  as lets face it none of us have a clue on how to actually run a club

.....enter pithy retort here......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
McAllisters Ghost
March 20, 2018, 10:53pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +42
Nope.  I'd approach Adam Pearson (the guy who used to be at Hull during their move up the leagues) to see if we could tempt him to leave Rugby but stay with the "Black and Whites".
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
Brazilnut
March 20, 2018, 10:54pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

.....enter pithy retort here......

lol ......just a strongbow fuelled question       thanks Ginny you actually made me giggle about Towns plight

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
ginnywings
March 20, 2018, 11:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,097
Gold Stars: 548
Strongbow will do that to ya. The drunkest i have ever been in my life was on cider.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
toontown
March 20, 2018, 11:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Brazilnut

good question - one I have idly pondered in the past! I would prefer he was no longer involved, if he wanted continuing involvement then it would cost him on what I was prepared to offer.

Personally think he is probably pretty good at keeping a tight financial ship, but takes it way too far and ends up costing him more (not coughing up for a conditioning coach and longer contract for Hurst cost way way more than it saved), and hardly needs saying but he is abysmally bad at fan engagement, and has a dreadful track record at managerial and football decisions. I honestly don't think he would want to be involved if he was not in control though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
Brazilnut
March 20, 2018, 11:16pm

Special Brew Drinker
that was probably propper cider as your a town fan ....strongbow drove past an orchard on the way out of the chemical factory lol

<*(((><

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
Brazilnut
March 20, 2018, 11:20pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from toontown

good question - one I have idly pondered in the past! I would prefer he was no longer involved, if he wanted continuing involvement then it would cost him on what I was prepared to offer.

Personally think he is probably pretty good at keeping a tight financial ship, but takes it way too far and ends up costing him more (not coughing up for a conditioning coach and longer contract for Hurst cost way way more than it saved), and hardly needs saying but he is abysmally bad at fan engagement, and has a dreadful track record at managerial and football decisions. I honestly don't think he would want to be involved if he was not in control though.

that is sadly very true ....but then we would see how big a town fan he is .....would he gladly walk away with a postman/dustman /shop assisant incharge or would he guide and educate

<*(((><

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
toontown
March 20, 2018, 11:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Brazilnut
[/b]

that is sadly very true ....but then we would see how big a town fan he is .....would he gladly walk away with a postman/dustman /shop assisant incharge or would he guide and educate

not convinced he would be the one educating  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
Brazilnut
March 20, 2018, 11:37pm

Special Brew Drinker
fair point well made lol

<*(((><

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › would you

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.