2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Jarmo.Is.God
November 24, 2017, 8:39am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Anyone seen any deals actually worth looking at?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Grim74
November 24, 2017, 10:04am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
GTFC  0.5M

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
Maringer
November 24, 2017, 11:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Depends what sort of deal you're looking for, I suppose.

I'm on the lookout for a new phone, with a better camera. Just trying to decide whether to get another Chinese import or not.

Vodafone are doing a good deal on the Galaxy S8 with 6GB of data making the phone effectively around £400, but the fingerprint sensor on the phone is in such a stupid position that I've had to rule it out. I'd be dropping it every time I tried to unlock it. A pity because otherwise it looks a really good phone. The camera on my wife's S7 is really good.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
Tommy
November 24, 2017, 12:06pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Maringer
Depends what sort of deal you're looking for, I suppose.

I'm on the lookout for a new phone, with a better camera. Just trying to decide whether to get another Chinese import or not.

Vodafone are doing a good deal on the Galaxy S8 with 6GB of data making the phone effectively around £400, but the fingerprint sensor on the phone is in such a stupid position that I've had to rule it out. I'd be dropping it every time I tried to unlock it. A pity because otherwise it looks a really good phone. The camera on my wife's S7 is really good.

I've got the S8 and don't use the fingerprint sensor as it's quicker and easier to use the "iris recognition" to unlock it.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
bax
November 24, 2017, 12:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Up to 50% off tickets at The Baths Hall, 30 shows in the sale

https://goo.gl/C6X3zV
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
Maringer
November 24, 2017, 12:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Tommy

I've got the S8 and don't use the fingerprint sensor as it's quicker and easier to use the "iris recognition" to unlock it.

My concern is that I'd look a bit of a pillock lifting the phone up in front of my face which I understand is the way you're supposed to do the unlock! Let's face it, most of the time when you check your phone, you're looking down at it towards waist height. Not sure how much leeway there is in the accuracy of the Iris unlock system if you're not holding it up.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
Tommy
November 24, 2017, 4:34pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Maringer

My concern is that I'd look a bit of a pillock lifting the phone up in front of my face which I understand is the way you're supposed to do the unlock! Let's face it, most of the time when you check your phone, you're looking down at it towards waist height. Not sure how much leeway there is in the accuracy of the Iris unlock system if you're not holding it up.

Yeah i know what you mean, but it picks up your eyes from about a foot and a half, as long as your eyes are near enough in the 2 circles that appear on the screen. You can still use a pin code or pattern swipe though - half the screen at the bottom lets you key in your 4 digit pin to unlock and the top half of the screen is to guide you for the iris recognition. So if you don't want to faff about with looking at it you can just put your number in.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
Jarmo.Is.God
November 28, 2017, 9:43am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from Maringer

You don't actually have to have it held up at your face, most of the time it unlocks as soon as you pick it up and look at it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
Maringer
November 28, 2017, 1:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I decided against an S8 in the end (the good deal I'd found became less good to a degree). Ended up going a bit bigger and getting a Huawei Mate 10 Pro (the name doesn't exactly slip off the tongue), again with Vodafone, so I hope their network is decent in N.E. Lincs. First time I've ever used their network though I know lots haven't been very complimentary about it!

A relatively expensive deal, but free Spotify for the 2 years of the contract effectively means it is £240 cheaper and the phone will be in the £400 range once this and contract itself are taken into account. Not a bad deal, I think.

Hopefully Spotify will link in well with the Amazon Echo at home to make it worthwhile!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
Rick12
November 30, 2017, 7:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
From what Ive read black Friday is a con. Discounts on selected goods eg 10-15%

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Black Friday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.