8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
OneLove
November 21, 2017, 9:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
So after a massive long day at work, I set off and thought I'd get a chippy and sit in the car listening to Radio 3 till it was time to mooch to the game. Anyhow i was halfway through me fish, chips and peas and this mad violinist record was blurting out the stereo, this sent me into a right deep sleep in which as you can imagine I kinda had a nightmare. I was having one of them dreams where your getting chased by two maniacs and your literally not getting anywhere, but these two maniacs happened to be non other than grimsby two villains slade and fenty.......so to cut a long dream short, I've woken up and screamed in alan partridge style "eff off ya great big shites" and launched the remainder of my fish, chips and peas all over the car and on myself. So anyway Ive missed what sounds like the best performance of the season and also a car what stinks of a deep fat frier. Up the mariners, sack the board and the lightbulb changer, manager, assistant, pukka pies, john tonduer, the booze in the ground, fenty again, the drips who still get autorgaphs and fenty  yet again!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
November 21, 2017, 9:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,385
Gold Stars: 527
Well done! Pleased i didnt stay away, throughly deserved the 3 points, couldnt believe we were losing at HT, at ablut 70 mins couldnt see us getting back in it but great work by DJ and finish from siriki. There keeper excellent by the way, and then an 86th minute winner!!! Love that! Thought they were poor and a team full of whingers at the ref with number 10 never shutting up. Fantastic clearance from my MOM ben davies at the death as well, no idea how he kept it out. And thank god at last, we kept the ball on the deck! UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 73
AdamHaddock
November 21, 2017, 9:51pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,803
Gold Stars: 25
Was there a disallowed goal? Livescore had it at 3-3 a couple of minutes after Rose's goal

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 73
sonofmadeleymariner
November 21, 2017, 9:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 37
No we cleared one off the line and I think someone was a little over zealous

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 73
Madeleymariner
November 21, 2017, 9:53pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,047
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Was there a disallowed goal? Livescore had it at 3-3 a couple of minutes after Rose's goal

That was probably Bens  header off the line only a couple inches from being a goal and there was a bit of a stoppage while their players argued etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 73
Mendonca1995
November 21, 2017, 9:53pm
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Finally scored some goals and gone home happy it would of been very cruel if we got nothing from this game as we could of been home and dry after 20 mins we’ll done in the end showed a lot of character to keep going and get a much needed win well done town 👏

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 73
TAGG
November 21, 2017, 10:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,969
Gold Stars: 123
Buzzing
What a great feeling to come away from a game with a massive grin on me face.
Some fantastic football
UTM

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 73
psgmariner
November 21, 2017, 10:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
A thoroughly enjoyable evening's entertainment.

Ben Davies was excellent at left back but the main thing that won us that game was our wingers. Both unplayable at times.

McKeown had an absolute nightmare with equaliser and looked VERY relieved when the winner went in. His habit of letting in howlers was the only real downer and to be fair he also made some good saves.

UTM

Private Message
Reply: 7 - 73
Bigdog
November 21, 2017, 10:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Enforced changes to Town's left hand side results in an unexpected win.. seem to remember..

Really pleased with the result. The last thing we need to do is sack another manager so soon..

3-2 win, closer to 50 points and a strong message (2824) to the boardroom..

Perfect night all round..

Well chuffed..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 73
LH
November 21, 2017, 10:13pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,462
Gold Stars: 172
Good performances all over despite McKeown’s clanger. Who’d have thought an attacking selection would bring goals?

Hearty applause from Fenty and another director tonight when the attendance was read out.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 73
ginnywings
November 21, 2017, 10:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
OMG! The most entertaining game i've seen in many a moon. It had just about everything. Crosses, shots, flying saves, an incredible goal line clearance, a worldy goal, a soft as sh1te goal, a come from behind win and a late winner. Even if the score had been reversed, i would have felt thoroughly entertained. Swindon played their part and made numerous chances but we made more and deserved the win.

We actually played football for large parts of the game and it was such a refreshing change from what has happened in previous games. Still pinching myself, but well done to all, i didn't think they had it in them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 73
MuddyWaters
November 21, 2017, 10:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Ball on floor for long periods and a centre forward who caused problems. Let's hope RS doesn't change the left side now but can't understand why it's taken so long to give DJ a start. A lot of 7/8 out of 10s tonight but MoM for me was Sam Jones who worked a lot harder than at any time this season.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 73
chaos33
November 21, 2017, 10:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Mark the lesson - play some football, get results!

Chuffed.  

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 73
Mrs Doyle
November 21, 2017, 10:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from LH
Good performances all over despite McKeown’s clanger. Who’d have thought an attacking selection would bring goals?

Hearty applause from Fenty and another director tonight when the attendance was read out.

Err Macca also made a fantastic save to keep us in it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 73
TwoLeftFeet
November 21, 2017, 10:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,069
Gold Stars: 18
Best game of season everyone put a shift in, great team win fully deserved.. crowd also behind the players even when behind which was great to hear.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 73
thefish
November 21, 2017, 10:20pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Did anybody else see the back-heeled volley by Dembele in front of the Main Stand (near the end of the game)? Worth the enterance fee alone!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 73
LH
November 21, 2017, 10:21pm

Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Err Macca also made a fantastic save to keep us in it.

I was rushing to post as I am up at 0345 for work so it may not have been the best example of the use of the word “Despite”  
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 73
grimsby pete
November 21, 2017, 10:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
We know Fenty reads the Fishy now we know Slade must do as well.

Now you know it works Russell the same again on Saturday please.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 73
moosey_club
November 21, 2017, 10:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,200
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from psgmariner

Ben Davies was excellent at left back but the main thing that won us that game was our wingers. Both unplayable at times.

McKeown had an absolute nightmare with equaliser and looked VERY relieved when the winner went in. His habit of letting in howlers was the only real downer and to be fair he also made some good saves.

UTM

Have you been helping yourself to the stock PSG ??
The Macca howler was their second goal.....it was Danny Collins who let their man have all the time in the world to smash it in the top corner for the first.

Great entertainment tonight....from the first 20 seconds when their keeper made a great save.  Should easily have had four goals by half time with several good saves from their keeper denying us.....give all the team credit tonight as the manner of both Swindon goals could easily have killed their spirit off but they dug back in and kept plugging away with some decent wing play.

Second half we started to get frustrated and gave away too many cheap fouls...Rose in particular trying to tackle from the wrong side too often but they kept going and while we were fortunate that their rapid counter attack from our corner didnt result in what i thought should have been a penalty and a red for Summerfield we finally got the equaliser after great work from DJ...thought he had overcooked the pull back but Siriki took a calm touch and didnt panic with the finish.

Easily could have stopped at 2-2 but we went again forced a third...Rose being Johnny on the spot.  Couple of scary moments but held on to seal a really good victory.

Positives - much more of an attacking intent tonight.   Mills and DJ linked very well. Matt led the line very well. Even at 2-1 down the team were applauded off at half time.

Not so positives - Rose, yes he got the winner but felt he contributed little else other than giving free kicks for Swindon. Throw ins....please stop throwing the ball to the opposition. Booing Vernon when he came on.

More of the same and i think we would all be happy.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 73
monkeyboy
November 21, 2017, 10:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
I thought Matt played very well tonight pretty much up front on his own, he won headers and held it up fairly well at times and was much better than last time i see him.
The 2 wingers played there part too and caused the defense some problems.

Still something missing for us in the middle of the park though, a area that does need some work.

Central defense were good in most part but still think the age and pace is working against us and think Clarke is the week link, the first Swindon goal even though a crackin finish had what seemed an age on the ball without nowone goin near him.
Hard to pick MOM for me, though Matt did well and his finish was class and his link up with Jones at times good, jones did ok but the wingers get it for me but in a large part due to Davies supporting them on the left.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 73
jimgtfc
November 21, 2017, 10:30pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,074
Gold Stars: 44
That felt like Blundell Park again tonight!

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 73
jamesgtfc
November 21, 2017, 10:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
We all want to see goals and although we have conceded 2, we were right at the back. Their number 30 should never have been given the freedom of the park to pick his spot excellently in the top corner but it was a great finish. Their second moments later was a clanger but the team dug in and Macca kept us in it later on.

Great finish by Matt for the first after some great perseverance from Jones and poor defending from Swindon. We could easily have been out of sight within 25 minutes but for some excellent goalkeeping and it was great to see us actively whipping the ball into the box.

Special mention to DJ who played excellently and also Davies who has looked accomplished at left back these last two games. Great to see Jamey Osborne involved in the winner during his little cameo.

More importantly we have set the barometer now and this has to be the standard going forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 73
barralad
November 21, 2017, 10:35pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Thoroughly enjoyable evening. So unlucky to be 2-1 down at half time. Great move for the first goal. An excellent strike for their equaliser (although being picky he had more time than he should have to tee himself up) and then Macca's howler. Still cannot explain it except to say the ball didn't bounce at all.
Fair play to the Town players who kept plugging away for the rest of the first half with the ball spending far more time on the deck than in any other game I've seen this season. Both D.J. and Dembele gave them plenty to think about with the former having easily his best game in a Town shirt.
The second half had it all. Some great passing notably at times from Summerfield. Movement aplenty (We could do a deal with the aliens that have clearly stolen Matt's body) Town players getting to the by-line and into the box and when looking up had a choice of players to pick out. Great finish from Siriki for the equaliser and great work by Osbourne J for the winner (which I thought Rose scored but Tondeur thought Matt got the final touch.)
Swindon looked dangerous going forward but both central defenders put in a shift and Mills gave us added pace at full back. Davies played like a 26 year old and it's hard to see a way back into the side for Dixon at the moment.
Macca atoned for his error with at least one great save and then enjoyed a quick adjustment to the bad luck of the first half when the ball seemed to come back off the post straight into his hands.
Davies MOM with D.J. a very close second.
Only negative was the booing of Vernon in the Pontoon when his name was announced.
Fair play to the (almost) 200 Swindon fans who made themselves heard. It's a long way on a Tuesday night.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 73
ginnywings
November 21, 2017, 10:36pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from monkeyboy
I thought Matt played very well tonight pretty much up front on his own, he won headers and held it up fairly well at times and was much better than last time i see him.
The 2 wingers played there part too and caused the defense some problems.

Still something missing for us in the middle of the park though, a area that does need some work.

Central defense were good in most part but still think the age and pace is working against us and think Clarke is the week link, the first Swindon goal even though a crackin finish had what seemed an age on the ball without nowone goin near him.
Hard to pick MOM for me, though Matt did well and his finish was class and his link up with Jones at times good, jones did ok but the wingers get it for me but in a large part due to Davies supporting them on the left.

I thought Jones was great. He caused them loads of problems and had more than a hand in 2 of our goals. Best game from him for a while and he did everything bar score.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 73
Zmariner
November 21, 2017, 10:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,115
Out of Town season ticket holder and so listened on the radio. One point behind the Imps, half way up the league. 26 points in 19 games, a couple of good results now and we could be well on the way to safety OK for me. For those who want to change managers be careful what you wish for. I was a staunch Hurst fan and took some stick. We have been poor but I do not think that we will go down nor do I love some of this squad but let's be a little patient, We are not at the bottom and things could be way worse. I am absolutely delighted with this result now let's get behind the team. I know we have struggled but the missed pen against Crawley was tough, the inside of the post against Cambridge.... Slade is experienced at this level and for me still offers us some stability, Changing managers is a nightmare and I would not dream of it half way up the league. Lincoln are patchy as well and they will have spent way more than us. Come 5pm Saturday we could be above them. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 73
gtfc82
November 21, 2017, 10:39pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
I thought Summerfield had an excellent game has been improving throughout the season. He was all over the place, frequently mopping up the play and spreading it to the wings!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 73
Grimbiggs
November 21, 2017, 10:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Echo the thoughts already said, great game particularly first 20 min and last 20 mins, when we played the ball on the deck. Just goes to show that we have players who have some ability to play when given the chance. DJ was outstanding tonight, why has it taken him so long to get a start. Great finish for Dembele for the 2nd, and Osbourne first touch was to turn, beat two men and cross the ball for the winner, another player who's been sorely missed. Matt actually throw himself about tonight and despite my misgivings is worth persevering with. Good performances from Davies, Mills and Summer field as well. Despite Maccas howler, he redeemed himself with a great save near the end. Throughly enjoyable game...UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 73
ginnywings
November 21, 2017, 10:43pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Grimbiggs
Echo the thoughts already said, great game particularly first 20 min and last 20 mins, when we played the ball on the deck. Just goes to show that we have players who have some ability to play when given the chance. DJ was outstanding tonight, why has it taken him so long to get a start. Great finish for Dembele for the 2nd, and Osbourne first touch was to turn, beat two men and cross the ball for the winner another player who's been sorely missed. Matt actually throw himself about tonight and despite my misgivings is worth persevering with. Good performances from Davies, Mills and Summer field as well. Despite Maccas howler, he redeemed himself with a great save near the end. Throughly enjoyable game...UTM

You sure about that?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 73
heppy88
November 21, 2017, 10:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Bloody hell! what an enjoyable game of football. Credit where credits due, from the off each and every player was up for it and even when we went behind heads didn't drop. Hard to name a MOM because they all played so well and even though Macca made a howler he also pulled off a great save in the final minutes. We played some great football to feet. Something just seemed to click tonight and it shows you don’t need a big crowd to generate a good atmosphere. With all the empty season ticket holder seats either side of me I had plenty of space to run up and down when the winning goal went in. You could sense it was like a pressure keg being released when the winning goal went in. A thoroughly deserved win and although I’m still buzzing (and therefore prone to exaggeration) it’s the best game I’ve seen since winning promotion at Wembley. More of the same please
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 73
Grimbiggs
November 21, 2017, 10:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

You sure about that?

That's how I sure it at the time, if the small details are wrong, feel free to correct me

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 73
Grimbiggs
November 21, 2017, 10:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

You sure about that?

That's how I saw it at the time, if the small details are wrong, feel free to correct me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 73
headingly_mariner
November 21, 2017, 10:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,316
Gold Stars: 113
That really was a cracker. So positive from the off. It was thoroughly entertaining and I thought Swindon were one of the better teams we played this season.

Matt was the star for me. It's just a shame the crowd was so low.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 73
ginnywings
November 21, 2017, 10:59pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Grimbiggs

That's how I saw it at the time, if the small details are wrong, feel free to correct me

I think you are right. I was thinking about Jones contribution with the turn and shot, but it was Ozzy who whipped it in to Jones. Apologies.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 73
Grim up north
November 21, 2017, 11:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +688
Gold Stars: 1
Can't believe Summerfield hasn't had more praise as his all round game was fantastic tonight . Mills and Davies put in enough quality balls to win three games and Dj is gaining the confidence that comes with regular games.Jones and Matt pressed and chased everything , for me the only slight negatives are Dembele should be 10 yards further up the pitch to hit teams were it hurts more and leave him in the centre circle when we're defending corners etc as teams won't risk leaving less than two players marking him if the ball breaks.
All in it was a cracker tonight well played you stripes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 73
TAGG
November 21, 2017, 11:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from LH

Is this a urine take???
Less than 3k and they are over the moon.
Fukin bizarre

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 73
ginnywings
November 21, 2017, 11:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Grim up north
Can't believe Summerfield hasn't had more praise as his all round game was fantastic tonight . Mills and Davies put in enough quality balls to win three games and Dj is gaining the confidence that comes with regular games.Jones and Matt pressed and chased everything , for me the only slight negatives are Dembele should be 10 yards further up the pitch to hit teams were it hurts more and leave him in the centre circle when we're defending corners etc as teams won't risk leaving less than two players marking him if the ball breaks.
All in it was a cracker tonight well played you stripes.

We all agreed that Summerfield was excellent tonight and our collective man of the match.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 73
jimgtfc
November 21, 2017, 11:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,074
Yep Summerfield had a stormer. Sorry to the haters (if there’s any left) but he’s quickly becoming a bit of a cult hero of mine.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 73
AndyDarloFC
November 21, 2017, 11:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Well done lads; kick on now and get another positive result at Barnet this weekend.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 37 - 73
HertsGTFC
November 21, 2017, 11:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Glad I made the trip as I don't usually get to mid week games at BP, Felt like an old style  proper BP night game for a change. Town go ahead, town get pulled back and Town go behind before half time despite playing with the ball on the deck and actually passing it to get us up field, more importantly we tested their keeper on a number of occasions as well as getting that long overdue goal.  

To be honest I thought we would come out and  get a point but Swindon actually did a decent job in breaking up any momentum but credit to the lads as they stuck to the task and got a well deserved win. All 3 of our goals started from the left where we looked much stronger and to be honest where pretty badly defended by them as well. The grand stand finish really added to the entertainment.

Macca, howler for the 2nd classic James to be honest tonight as he followed it up with a great save at 2 -2 . Davis had a great game defied his age and possibly saved 2 points at the end, Mills looked like he's hitting form and both CB's where solid. thought the balance across the middle worked well and we moved the ball both left to right and forward Summerfield did lots of work again, Rose is clearly working back to full fitness and the 2 young lads out wide need to be retained as they where involved in moments that helped win the game. Jones was MOM for me and again made a difference where it counted for the 1st and 3rd, Matt took his goal well and looked to cause them problems all night, small cameo and quality from Osborne helped provide the winner.

So overall the manager got it right the team got it right and got what they deserved through application, graft and trying to play football - The best team won, well done Town.

UTM!

P.S. bit worried though as RS said on RH that Woolford should be fit for Saturday, please don't change a winning side now please Russ.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 73
Maringer
November 21, 2017, 11:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,400
Gold Stars: 184
Very entertaining tonight, though a game of two halves to some degree. We were so much on top in the first half that it was a travesty we were losing at half-time. Their keeper made, 4 or 5 really good saves to keep them in it and, of course, McKeown made an almighty balls-up to give them the lead.

I don't think there should be too much criticism for the defence for their first goal. It was just bad luck that the ball looped back and to their player from Summerfield's challenge with all our midfielders out of the game and this left lots of space for their player to run into - the defence didn't exactly back off him though could perhaps have closed him down a little more quickly. Absolutely unstoppable shot after that.

They just couldn't deal with Matt in the first half and this earned Jones lots of good possession in midfield and he played some good stuff, with excellent play for our opening goal. Good crosses from both full-backs all night and I have to say that I think Davies has played better on the left in the past couple of games than he has on the right. Big difference today was that we moved the ball out wide so much more quickly and both wingers caused them problems, even though they didn't get past their man too often. Good interchange between full-backs and wingers meant that all four managed to get some dangerous balls into the box.

Summerfield good again tonight but, for me, Rose is in and out of the game too much and it tends to pass him by quite a bit. In the right place to get the goal tonight, however, and we certainly need goals from the central midfielders.

They looked a much better team in the second half than the first as their defence got to grips with Matt and this starved Jones of possession. Their three nippy attackers playing alongside the big lump of a forward began to cause us some problems and McKeown atoned for his first half blunder with a very good block at the start of the second half (which the officials decided was a goal-kick, one of a few they got wrong) as they broke in numbers. I'd be surprised if they weren't up there come the end of the season.

Good persistence by us, however and great work by Jaiyesimi to create the chance for Dembele which he finished off really well with lots of players rushing in trying to block. A couple of lovely touches from Osbourne when he came on, one of which set up the shooting chance for Jones from which the winner came. Bodes well for the future when he's back to full fitness.

We did ride our luck a bit in the second half as they were threatening from set pieces. I'm not entirely sure that the one which hit the woodwork would have gone in even if Davies hadn't got involved? That's only from one viewing, however, so perhaps the replay shows something different.

One thing I'll say is that, good as the wingers were, they are lacking in something at the moment - I suppose you'd call it game craft. Both lost possession unnecessarily in dangerous positions on a number of occasions in the second half which set up counter-attacks for the opposition or led to free-kicks giving them the opportunity to put the ball into our box. Trying to beat your man is all well and good, but only if it's safe to do so and there is cover if you're dispossessed.

If we'd played similarly to that in the past few games, I don't doubt we'd have a good few more points on the board, so let's hope the win gives the players the confidence to push on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 73
TAGG
November 21, 2017, 11:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from jimgtfc
Yep Summerfield had a stormer. Sorry to the haters (if there’s any left) but he’s quickly becoming a bit of a cult hero of mine.

I was one that wasnt his greatest fan but agree with you 100%
He has the odd rick every game but makes up for it in spades.
My player of the season so far.

GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 73
Grimbiggs
November 21, 2017, 11:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

I think you are right. I was thinking about Jones contribution with the turn and shot, but it was Ozzy who whipped it in to Jones. Apologies.

No probs, we all get caught up in the moment at times, nice to be jubilant for a change, it's a long time since we've seen decent attacking football...Pace, Power and Desire, more of the same please...UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 73
mimma
November 21, 2017, 11:42pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,568
Gold Stars: 78
Will the real Grimsby Town please stand up? At last a football match breaks out at Blundell Park. Is this a one off or have we turned the corner? First half it was Town V their keeper, everything we hit at the goal he got in the way of. Matt was the difference. He never gave their defence a moments rest, and was a constant thorn in their side. Suddenly we had runners from midfield, and we also looked dangerous on the wings. I just hope that this is how we play from now on and don't retreat back into our shell. Summerfield MOTM. He was everywhere, breaking up attacks and moving the ball quickly forward with sublime first time balls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 73
sydney
November 21, 2017, 11:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
So there u have it
That’s what we can do
Great Desire Great Performance
Brilliant well done to all
It perhaps would make v good sense to start with the same 11 RS on sat , I think they deserve it..
That’s the level we need to be at
MOM - Davies
See you Saturday
Come on Town!! 😃😃

Oh and sorry to those who stayed away tonight!!
You missed a good one..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 73
TAGG
November 22, 2017, 12:01am

Vodka Drinker

GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 73
Croxton
November 22, 2017, 12:07am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,012
Man of the season so far? Summerfield for reasons stated above.
What an opportunity missed again to fill the ground with kids. I  'stuck my kneb ' in Cobra on the way out and asked a young Dad what he had paid for his two young lads. Five pounds each plus his own ticket. Like I said on another thread, let's monetise home and away stubs where FL rules allow and get the average age down. Are we a community club or not?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 73
promotion plaice
November 22, 2017, 12:12am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

I turned up tonight with trepidation and wasn't particularly looking forward to the game to be honest.

How on earth we where losing at half-time is beyond me, great shift put in by all the players and they never let their heads drop even when we conceded the quick 2 goals.

UTM

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 73
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 22, 2017, 12:15am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,644
Gold Stars: 70
Just home after a couple of celebratory beers and the best game at BP this season & easy to say afterwards but had we lost or drawn that game I would have returned happy as we actually played good football throughout the game.

The added pace of Mills and Davies at left back with the young wingers made such a difference and I lost count of the number of quality crosses that were put in tonight. What a difference it makes when we play football we all come home happy.

Would agree with all comments about the star performers tonight but disagree with those who are critical of Rose. I accept he gives away what appear needless fouls, but he breaks up play, gets amongst the opposition and is much more mobile than Berrettt although his distribution is eratic. Main difference is that is the second time he has scored the winning goal, also doing so against Crewe, and that just gives us more threat as he likes to get in the oposition's area.

Good night, excellent game and only negative is to find Akinde is fit after missing several months and that bloke has a habit of scoring against us, however, a win Saturday would see us in a nice league position as we approach Christmas.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 73
Tommy
November 22, 2017, 1:05am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Really entertaining stuff.

2 changes but there also looked to be a tactical change to me too.
Could argue only slight positional changes to the 442 but with Jones more withdrawn in a no.10 role and the wingers nice and high, it appeared for much of the game that we were 4-2-3-1.

Good first half and we were unlucky to be 2-1 at the break. Matt proving to be a handful and much more of a mobile target than Vernon and took his goal well. Jones made the goal out of nothing really and played as well as he has done this season retaining the ball much better and picking it up in good areas rather than right up top with a centre-back up his bottom.

Wonder strike for the equaliser but why was Summerfield the one closing down the goalscorer when he had to run across 20 yards to get to him. Someone else closer should've gone out to him and stopped the shot.

Absolute howler from Macca for their 2nd. It didn't even have any power on it after flicking off Matt's head.

Stuck at it second half despite it getting a bit scrappy, particularly middle third of the half. Gamesmanship tactics from Swindon and us unable to find that quality to get back on top for a sustained period of pressure.

A key thing for me was DJ swapping over to the left. He looks more effective on the left to me. Can come inside onto his right but he's also more than happy to go on the outside so the full back doesn't know what to do. He set the equaliser up from a run and cross from the left and had more success on that side too. Good composed finish from Dembele with plenty of bodied between him and the goal.
Then a deserved winner with a central midfielder being our most advanced player tapping in after Jones showed good feet to get his shot off and, more importantly, get it on target to force the save/parry.

We just looked like a proper football team tonight. 2 flying wingers going forward. Matt a real nuisance up front and their defence never really got to grips with him. Jones dropping into areas and picking up the ball.

Summerfield buzzing all over the pitch showing a very good range of passing, often with first time balls. His delivery from corners was excellent and that cross he put in after bursting forward inside right channel where Jones nearly scored was brilliant.

Davies excellent again at left back and Mills read the game really well and was much better with his quality of delivery into the box, particularly early on. Plenty of good blocks from the centre backs who were pretty comfortable really.

Same again next game please Russ.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 73
OneLove
November 22, 2017, 6:36am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
On a serious note, 18 games for a good performance to start since Chesterfield away. I still won't be buzzing to get back to watch town in a hurry, as much as it guts me, through thick and thin as they say, still not convinced by Slade, Wilko and Fenty. Hope this bites me on the bottom!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 73
1mickylyons
November 22, 2017, 6:38am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Well what a night Town played some great attacking football against what looked a half decent side.The Town side were clearly sent out with the instructions to press high up the pitch and create a fast tempo and it nearly worked in the first 20 seconds. Very enjoyable first half with a well taken goal by Matt a screamer from them for the first a howler from Macca for their second but Town should have led 4-2. Second half I feared the worst WRONG as Town maintained the tempo and the game went end to end with us I thought deserving the 3 points thanks to a good team goal a scrambled goal and Macca redeeming himself with a good late save. How you pick a MOTM from that is difficult but like a few others Summerfield for me he dictated the tempo he won every tackle and drove the team forward reminiscent of Cunnington at his best he really was THAT good.Special shout out to Davies who along with Mills got up and down and delivered some quality balls in.UTM and plenty of   Town fans.MORE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 73
LH
November 22, 2017, 6:39am

Quoted from TAGG

Is this a urine take???
Less than 3k and they are over the moon.
Fukin bizarre

I didn’t mean it as a positive. Looked more to me like he was thanking those who’d turned up and maybe thinking he might have mucked it up a bit. Very sparsely populated BP last night - wouldn’t surprise me if there was only twice as many home fans in the Pontoon as there was away fans in the Osmond looking at both ends!
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 73
1mickylyons
November 22, 2017, 6:52am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from OneLove
On a serious note, 18 games for a good performance to start since Chesterfield away. I still won't be buzzing to get back to watch town in a hurry, as much as it guts me, through thick and thin as they say, still not convinced by Slade, Wilko and Fenty. Hope this bites me on the bottom!

I walked to the game pouring scorn on going to Notts County and wasting money and came out badgering my mate to take us to Barnet it`s a funny old game as someone once said.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 73
Maringer
November 22, 2017, 7:55am
Barley Wine Drinker
Looking at the highlights, I see how they had so much space for their equaliser. Unfortunately, Rose fluffed a regulation headed clearance, Summerfield moved across to cover and when the ball then looped back out of the challenge we had nobody in the middle to close the player down. A combination of a mistake, bad luck then brilliant skill. Oh well, at least Rose was there on hand to atone for his slight error at the end.

The Sky Sports report said it was his first goal for the club, which will be a surprise to the other teams he's scored against this season!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 73
Cloudy
November 22, 2017, 8:08am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Maringer
Looking at the highlights, I see how they had so much space for their equaliser. Unfortunately, Rose fluffed a regulation headed clearance, Summerfield moved across to cover and when the ball then looped back out of the challenge we had nobody in the middle to close the player down. A combination of a mistake, bad luck then brilliant skill. Oh well, at least Rose was there on hand to atone for his slight error at the end.

The Sky Sports report said it was his first goal for the club, which will be a surprise to the other teams he's scored against this season!

It was Mills header wasnt it??
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 73
Cloudy
November 22, 2017, 8:56am
Whiskey Drinker
Just had a read of the Swindon forum. Many are blaming their keeper for not making more of an effort for 2 of our goals. IMO he was the sole reason we didnt get 5 or 6 last night
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 73
Les Brechin
November 22, 2017, 8:57am

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,688
Gold Stars: 174
I headed to the game last night without that much hope or expectation. It's been battered out of me with our last few performances, but I came away thoroughly entertained.

Stand-out performers for me were Matt, DJ, Dembele, Summerfield and Davies but the whole team played well really. Even McKeown made up for his gaffe with a great save at 2 all.

I suppose that's why we all like the game so much, just a shame there were less than 3000 Town fans there.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 73
Maringer
November 22, 2017, 9:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Cloudy

It was Mills header wasnt it??

Not unless Mills has changed his appearance somewhat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 73
Maringer
November 22, 2017, 9:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Cloudy
Just had a read of the Swindon forum. Many are blaming their keeper for not making more of an effort for 2 of our goals. IMO he was the sole reason we didnt get 5 or 6 last night

Some Swindon fans are obviously flipping idiots. How could he have stopped any of those goals? He even made another good save from Jones' shot before Rose nabbed the winner!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 73
arryarryarry
November 22, 2017, 10:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from psgmariner

UTM

Agree about the wingers I was just about to post the same, it goes to show what you can do with two wide players who can cause defences problems rather than having to rely on Dembele all the time.

I would also add that I thought Matt had his best game since Accrington.
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 73
Cloudy
November 22, 2017, 10:26am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Maringer

Not unless Mills has changed his appearance somewhat.

Yes, watched again, my mistake. Poorly directed header
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 73
Abdul19
November 22, 2017, 10:42am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,513
Gold Stars: 215
I was a bit worried about playing a right back at left back but it sounds like Davies was superb there. It also says a lot about Dixon that a 36 year old has added an injection of pace to the position!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 73
barralad
November 22, 2017, 11:18am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Abdul19
I was a bit worried about playing a right back at left back but it sounds like Davies was superb there. It also says a lot about Dixon that a 36 year old has added an injection of pace to the position!

Davies just gets quietly on with his job. Played like a 25 year old though last night. Very good professional IMO.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 73
ginnywings
November 22, 2017, 11:28am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from barralad

Davies just gets quietly on with his job. Played like a 25 year old though last night. Very good professional IMO.

Agreed. There was an incident second half where he mis judged the ball and it looked like the wide man was going to nick the ball from him and be away. He did the most professional foul/non foul i can remember in a while. It was such a blatant block, but done in such a way that it couldn't be deemed a foul and wasn't. We actually got a throw in from it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 73
rancido
November 22, 2017, 12:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from arryarryarry

Agree about the wingers I was just about to post the same, it goes to show what you can do with two wide players who can cause defences problems rather than having to rely on Dembele all the time.

I would also add that I thought Matt had his best game since Accrington.

The wingers were able to be more effective because of the excellent support from the full-backs. I think Mills had a great game and proved that he must be the regular right back. In the same way  Davies should be the regular left back and Dixon must be kept out of the starting line-up at all costs!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 73
FishOutOfWater
November 22, 2017, 1:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Oh what a night...

Late November and the Town scored three

They were everything I dreamed they'd be

We got the win... oh what a night!

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 65 - 73
A Brace Of Tees
November 22, 2017, 1:54pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +692
Gold Stars: 3
Seriously hope Slade and Wilkinson get the message now...keeping it on the ground with a pass and move style has three enormous benefits:

1) It’s a far more likely way to carve open the opposition and score goals (kinda think that’s the whole point of this game isn’t it?!)
2) It’s patently clear the players love playing that way (and we’ve actually got the talent to do it)
3) You’re more likely to keep the fans onside Mr Slade as we have been dangerously close to breaking point with having been served up that pig-ugly long ball sh1te so far this season.

May this now PLEASE be the turning point!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 73
KingstonMariner
November 22, 2017, 2:39pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
Oh what a night...

Late November and the Town scored three

They were everything I dreamed they'd be

We got the win... oh what a night!

UTM

Move over Bernie Taupin  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 73
Tommy
November 22, 2017, 2:59pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Davies has done really well at left back. Better than I expected of him and seems to be better suited there to right back based on this albeit brief evidence.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 73
forza ivano
November 22, 2017, 3:10pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from A Brace Of Tees
Seriously hope Slade and Wilkinson get the message now...keeping it on the ground with a pass and move style has three enormous benefits:

1) It’s a far more likely way to carve open the opposition and score goals (kinda think that’s the whole point of this game isn’t it?!)
2) It’s patently clear the players love playing that way (and we’ve actually got the talent to do it)
3) You’re more likely to keep the fans onside Mr Slade as we have been dangerously close to breaking point with having been served up that pig-ugly long ball sh1te so far this season.

May this now PLEASE be the turning point!

did it look like the shackles had been freed in comparison to what had gone before? if so i wonder if RS knew he was under great pressure  and this was almost a last throw of the dice, acknowledging that his previous plan just wasn't working?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 73
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 22, 2017, 5:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,644
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from forza ivano

did it look like the shackles had been freed in comparison to what had gone before? if so i wonder if RS knew he was under great pressure  and this was almost a last throw of the dice, acknowledging that his previous plan just wasn't working?

To be honest I am still struggling to come to terms with the complete reformation in our performance compared to every other home game this season. I would also add that at half- time the vast majority of fans sat near me in the upper findus agreed that should we play similarly in the second half but go on to lose the game we would still go home thoroughly entertained. In addition tribute should be paid to those that attended as when we went behind and maybe struggled to get going in the first part of the second half as nobody got on their backs or started moaning but actually got behind the team throughout.

Difference was pace, moving the ball quickly, getting it wide, early quality crosses and getting men in the box. Everything we all wanted all on one night, unbelievable and bloody enjoyable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 73
arryarryarry
November 23, 2017, 3:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from rancido

The wingers were able to be more effective because of the excellent support from the full-backs. I think Mills had a great game and proved that he must be the regular right back. In the same way  Davies should be the regular left back and Dixon must be kept out of the starting line-up at all costs!

You missed my point, whilst having a good full back behind you is essential, the very fact that DJ was always prepared to take on the full back and beat him, get to the by-line and pull the ball back especially for Dembele's goal is something that we have been missing with playing Woolford wide.
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 73
MuddyWaters
November 23, 2017, 6:36am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Tommy
Davies has done really well at left back. Better than I expected of him and seems to be better suited there to right back based on this albeit brief evidence.

Don't know that he's better suited - he's just a lot better than Dixon (panic signing!)
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 73
rancido
November 23, 2017, 7:43pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from arryarryarry

You missed my point, whilst having a good full back behind you is essential, the very fact that DJ was always prepared to take on the full back and beat him, get to the by-line and pull the ball back especially for Dembele's goal is something that we have been missing with playing Woolford wide.

I didn't miss the point and would never take away from the efforts of both wingers. I was just making the point that it was good to see Mills back and it gave a different dynamic on the right wing. After 30 seconds of the game Mills put in a terrific cross which could so easily have resulted in a goal. Mills should be the automatic choice in that position now.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 73
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.