Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Surely............
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 227 Guests

Surely............

This thread currently has 4,256 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
November 21, 2017, 4:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from GrimRob

Isn't in the tradition to get sacked in the morning?

In this instance, it needs to be by jonnyboy's bedtime
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
crusty ole pie
November 21, 2017, 5:10pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,334
Gold Stars: 62
Who's got town in the buster
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
RichMariner
November 21, 2017, 5:13pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,141
Gold Stars: 209
I like the idea that someone else suggested in another thread - having Buckley on the interview panel to assist the board in appointing any potential new manager.

After all, it makes sense to have someone who truly understands the football management world on the interview panel if you're looking to appoint a football manager.

Otherwise it's a bit like having someone from Human Resources trying to decide which Marketing Manager to hire. You won't know what qualities to focus in on, or what skills are largely irrelevant.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
LondonMariner43
November 21, 2017, 5:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
Why don't you try going along and supporting the team and cheering them on to a win?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
crusty ole pie
November 21, 2017, 5:19pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,334
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from RichMariner
I like the idea that someone else suggested in another thread - having Buckley on the interview panel to assist the board in appointing any potential new manager.

After all, it makes sense to have someone who truly understands the football management world on the interview panel if you're looking to appoint a football manager.

Otherwise it's a bit like having someone from Human Resources trying to decide which Marketing Manager to hire. You won't know what qualities to focus in on, or what skills are largely irrelevant.

That was me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
oldun
November 21, 2017, 5:26pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from RichMariner

We have respect for AB but come on he has been out of management for years and his knowledge of current players, methods and managers must be sketchy indeed. It is typical of many fans and indeed many Grimsby residents who prefer to look back rather than forward. We need new vision, new objectives and new plans to move forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
GrimRob
November 21, 2017, 5:32pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from RichMariner

Question is does he fully understand the modern football management world? He'd could well favour an "old school" type coach like Slade rather than someone with "new fangled" ideas like conditioning coaches.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 20
Marinerz93
November 21, 2017, 5:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from GrimRob

Question is does he fully understand the modern football management world? He'd could well favour an "old school" type coach like Slade rather than someone with "new fangled" ideas like conditioning coaches.

Some of the football played under AB 1&2 was sublime, however AB3 was very limited with budget, I was told by someone close to the club that Ab was allegedly told I don't mind us being average until we are in a new ground.  Even though he didn't have the budget he got us to Wembley with a side that struggled but is miles better than what we have now.

The point is you can have all the badges going, who needs stinking badges when they don't get you anywhere, a few things have changed like Stats and conditioning and one or two other things but most of it today is how many quality players can you afford and is the manager good enough to make average players better than they are. AB made average players legends, here in lays the difference.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
golfer
November 21, 2017, 6:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,419
Gold Stars: 115
Win,lose,or draw,game postponed,abandoned through rain,snow tempest or fog,earthquake,flood or I miss my bus,Bovril issued free,warm water in the toilets  Sack Him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
TonySmith
November 21, 2017, 6:09pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +964
Gold Stars: 11
I would like to know how Town's playing budget stacks up against other League Two teams. We obviously need a goal scoring striker and, I think, a fit Jamie Osborne. Hopefully we'll have one of those two things very soon, the other is down to John Fenty at least as much as the manager. If the manager is not given the funds to be competitive, there is only so much he can do. Slade has us organized and pretty solid at the back, we just need that bit more quality in front of goal. I think we need to wait until January before pressing any panic buttons and starting all over again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Surely............

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.