Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 336 Guests

Fans Forum

This thread currently has 26,814 views. Print
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
IlkleyMariner
November 20, 2017, 8:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 66
People who have a true interest in the club should go. I am on a holiday which was booked in march so won't be there.
There should be sensible constructive questions. They might get sensible constructive answers.
If it turns out to be a slanging match it will be a massive opportunity missed by all concerned
The media must be controlled and not be allowed to sensationalise situations

The supporters trust should give positive leadership on consolidating sensible questions which hopefully the club directorate will respond in an open manner

Let's hope that all of this is on the back of an entertaining draw at home tomorrow and a vital away win on Saturday
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 342
heppy88
November 20, 2017, 8:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,069
Gold Stars: 40
Looking forward to attending my first fans forum. Ill hopefully have the opportunity to ask a few questions, trying to get to the nitty gritty as Bigdog and others have suggested. Never been the best public speaker, but needs must!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 342
heppy88
November 20, 2017, 8:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,069
Gold Stars: 40
Important we don't let Fenty use his political experience to distract those present from the real issues that currently affect OUR club. Watch out for the long, rambling answers to insignificant, planted questions relating to "Dribble". Time to give the board a drilling about THEIR performance in running GTFC.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 342
KingstonMariner
November 20, 2017, 8:41pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Why can't it be at the weekend? Oh that's right, a wider cross-section of people will be able to go.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 342
GrimRob
November 20, 2017, 9:03pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

I believe for the record town has been relegated twice out the football league previously in the 1960 and was re elected both times back, this period the gates also where around 2k per game .

That's not correct. Town were only re-elected once the 1968-1969 season when they finished second bottom

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968%E2%80%9369_Football_League#Fourth_Division

All the bottom four that year have tasted non-league in the modern era of 2 up 2 down.

Re-election was, of course, the norm. Hartlepool were re-elected by their fellow clubs a record 11 times. So their demise last year was long overdue. Only 5 out of 32 clubs who sought re-election were ever relegated and they were normally serial offenders: Gateshead (1960), Bradford Park Avenue (1970), Barrow (1972), Workington (1977) and Southport (1978 ).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Re-election_(Football_League)

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 342
Rob_in_Grimsby
November 20, 2017, 9:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from GrimRob

That's not correct. Town were only re-elected once the 1968-1969 season when they finished second bottom

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968%E2%80%9369_Football_League#Fourth_Division

All the bottom four that year have tasted non-league in the modern era of 2 up 2 down.

Re-election was, of course, the norm. Hartlepool were re-elected by their fellow clubs a record 11 times. So their demise last year was long overdue. Only 5 out of 32 clubs who sought re-election were ever relegated and they were normally serial offenders: Gateshead (1960), Bradford Park Avenue (1970), Barrow (1972), Workington (1977) and Southport (1978 ).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Re-election_(Football_League)

thanks Rob for correcting me, I could have sworn it was twice in the 60's I stand corrected
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 342
IlkleyMariner
November 20, 2017, 9:21pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
People who have a true interest in the club should go. I am on a holiday which was booked in march so won't be there.
There should be sensible constructive questions. They might get sensible constructive answers.
If it turns out to be a slanging match it will be a massive opportunity missed by all concerned
The media must be controlled and not be allowed to sensationalise situations

The supporters trust should give positive leadership on consolidating sensible questions which hopefully the club directorate will respond in an open manner

Let's hope that all of this is on the back of an entertaining draw at home tomorrow and a vital away win on Saturday

Please help me by which part of the above warranted six red crosses. I am at a loss
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 342
KingstonMariner
November 20, 2017, 9:39pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Me too Ilkley. I don't always see eye-to-eye with you but there's nothing I would disagree with in your post. Can't say there's anything controversial at all.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 342
Squarkus
November 20, 2017, 9:44pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from Bigdog
As I live abroad, I obviously can't go. This is your chance people. There will be an attempt to fill the place with sycophants. Don't let them paper over the cracks. Make sure you all go if you can make it. Do not let him use the words "keyboard warriors." Prove him wrong.

If anyone wants to ask any of these questions for me in my absence.. thanks in advance

Benign and football fortune are words that do not sufficiently define the impact of your director's loan on the club and for potential investors. Could you be more definitive in what is meant? Wouldn't it be more honourable to convert them into shares like every other investor?

It is written in the club accounts that you are in effect in control of the club. After fifteen years of poor performances on the pitch, three relegations, six years of non-league, not a single season above tier four that didn't end in relegation, non delivery of a new stadium and lack of ability to attract new investment, wouldn't you have got the sack by now if it was an accountable paid position and how can you think that you are the best person to run the football club with this record?

Who is in charge of your PR and marketing? Who has the final say on output and why are they still in their job?

Bragate, why no comment?

Checkatrade, do you really think that fans were bullied into not going to matches? If so, what proof have you got as bullying is a strong word to use on your fanbase?

Checkatrade, why not vote against the competition and still take the money on offer? Surely that would be even better financially for the club as it would have brought you closer to the fans and earned their respect.

Your brother has stated that you have looked all around the world for investment. What marketing methods have you used and is that offer open to anyone even if it meant losing your controlling interest or is it just investment for the new stadium project?

New stadium, how and when?

What is the playing side philosophy of the club?

Most clubs market their season tickets before the end of the season, why do we leave our marketing to the last minute and why are there no new ideas of how to incentivise them after 15 years in charge?

How long do you want to remain in your position and what is your price to leave?

Shouldn't there be a minimum catering standard for the fans? Was the standard checked before handing out the contract and should it be better than it is?

Couldn't you publicly put your controlling interest up for sale as a package and see what happens?

What time is it there, if I was you being so concerned and supertive, I would get a flight back mush.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 342
mariner91
November 20, 2017, 9:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,255
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from Squarkus

What time is it there, if I was you being so concerned and supertive, I would get a flight back mush.

Remember though folks, we're the fuckwits.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 342
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.