Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans Forum
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 264 Guests

Fans Forum

This thread currently has 26,970 views. Print
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Rob_in_Grimsby
November 20, 2017, 5:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Bigdog

Spin is the word. And not even clever spin.

The reduction in debt by £1m, exactly the amount given to the club by MP and the Trust

Plus £1m Bogle money gone whose transfer fee was raised by OP

3 relegations not one, you're using a technicality

Promotion - From non fooking league
Wembley appearances - Non fooking league competitions
Cardiff - We lost

Are you seriously defending the last fifteen years?

Facts are Facts and can be spun both ways to suite,
You being a very angry glass half empty poster only see the negatives and irrespective of what league we where in or if we lost or won we still went to these places.
The club is in a far better place than Halifax, Chester or Darlington for example, all of which we have played in the last decade.
Did I enjoy none league No, Do I think we can do better on the pitch YES am I happy with the performances this season NO but I am just trying to put things in perspective,

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 342
Bigdog
November 20, 2017, 6:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

You being a very angry ]glass half empty poster only see the negatives and irrespective of what league we where in or if we lost or won we still went to these places.
The club is in a far better place than Halifax, Chester or Darlington for example, all of which we have played in the last decade.
Did I enjoy none league No, Do I think we can do better on the pitch YES am I happy with the performances this season NO but I am just trying to put things in perspective,

You missed out Hereford and Stockport, another two footballing giants we all aspired to over the years..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 342
LH
November 20, 2017, 6:21pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,458
Gold Stars: 172
Anyone who is happy with the performances this season must also spend their time comparing beige colour charts to decide which tone to decorate their house with, writing to the Grimsby Telegraph letters page and trainspotting.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 342
Marinerz93
November 20, 2017, 6:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1

You being a very angry glass half empty poster only see the negatives and irrespective of what league we where in or if we lost or won we still went to these places.

How are these facts for you, the club paid back the tax debt because if the tax man put us in Admin JF would lose the money he had put in so far, so to manage the repayments was in his financial interest. Yes he paid Ramsden off and he took that back in pension payments over 4 years whilst we were paying the taxman back, how much was those repayments and how did those repayments effect the books and playing budget.

The biggest fact of them all, the hiring and firing was done by Fenty and the board so the failures are his to absorb but, there could have been a bit of saving grace had he bought shares but no saddle the club with benign debt that hangs over the club like the sword of Damocles and turns away potential investors.

MP was promised certain things when he joined the board, a short time later he left the board stating that certain promises weren't kept, who made those promises and what were they.

Squabbling with Mighty Mariner over £18 and all the media guffs, falling out with fans and anybody that challenges him. Snapping a kids flag and making ludicrous statements about female fans and flares, and then not defending our fans when they have been abused.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 342
mariner91
November 20, 2017, 6:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260

What a bizarre comparison. Too bloody right we should be in a better position than those three clubs as we have been throughout pretty much our entire existence. The only reason we played them in the last decade is because we've been at our lowest ebb. What about clubs like Burton, Scunthorpe or Shrewsbury who we have traditionally fared much better than and now we can't get anywhere near them on or off the pitch?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 342
MuddyWaters
November 20, 2017, 6:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235

There will always be examples such as those you quote but there are far more that are in a better position than us who used to be our level and lower. There are names in the top division (Bournemouth), The Championship (Barnsley, Hull) but more pertinently, there are local clubs that are now in a far better place than us (Donny, Scunny and even Lincoln) and that's what hurts. I don't see that as being glass half empty - I see that as reality.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 342
Ipswin
November 20, 2017, 6:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Bigdog

It is written in the club accounts that you are in effect in control of the club. After fifteen years of poor performances on the pitch, three relegations, six years of non-league, not a single season above tier four that didn't end in relegation, non delivery of a new stadium and lack of ability to attract new investment, wouldn't you have got the sack by now if it was an accountable paid position and how can you think that you are the best person to run the football club with this record?

Like this question above all others, sums it all up for me,  please can someone make sure it is asked WORD FOR WORD

Not that keen on the new stadium topic though, its been done to death. It will allow Fenty to slide out from under the more crunchy stuff by bullshitting at length using totally meaningless phrases (enablement etc) ad infinitum on the stadium issue and confusing / deceiving everyfucker. Also of course the way he is running the club we won't need a new ground anyway!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 342
Ipswin
November 20, 2017, 6:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Incidentally is Fenty on the square? does anyone know?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 342
jock dock tower
November 20, 2017, 7:57pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from Bigdog

You missed out Hereford and Stockport, another two footballing giants we all aspired to over the ages..

Difficult to comprehend given that Hereford are playing four levels below Town in the Pyramid set up, but they are having a great time of it at the moment.

Reborn as a Phoenix club in 2015-16 they have won both league titles at first time of asking and are well placed in the Evostik South Premier Division for a third successive promotion. They are a community based, fans owned club, and their average attendance this season is 2,350 - but that's home and away. Some of the clubs they play away report record attedances when Hereford come to town with a regular away following of four figures. Their highest home gate so far this season is 4,700 against Telford two weeks ago.

Yes, they've a long way to go but I reckon they'll be back in the Football League within five years. It's what happens when a club's fans buy into becoming such a club.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 342
Cod Cheeks
November 20, 2017, 8:02pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
What a great opportunity to see which side of the table the real bully is
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 342
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans Forum

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.