Gold Stars: 228
How about,

Macca

Mills     Clarke   Collins  Davies

Summerfield   Berret

Dembelle     Osborne       DJ    
                     Jones

Need to be a bit creative I reckon.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 22
lee65
November 19, 2017, 11:10am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,483
Gold Stars: 10
Worth a try Herts, though I would like Osbourne to have a run at CB to add a bit of pace and see if we can then push the whole game 20 yards further forward
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 22
Bigdog
November 19, 2017, 11:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from HertsGTFC
How about,

Macca

Summerfield   Berret

Jones

I'd love that front four on a regular basis for this division Herts, but there's not enough quality behind them if we aspire to greater things. I'd also have Osbourne in at CH. If I was building a squad from scratch I'd have Mills and McKeown out of that defence and midfield, I'd have a younger quicker centre half pairing, a left footed left back and a central midfield that didn't get York relegated. Sounds a bit harsh because I know some like one or two of the players I'd ditch, but I'm a bit ruthless.

That line up emphasises we're not good enough even though that front four is pretty decent..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 22
mariner91
November 19, 2017, 11:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,627
Gold Stars: 260
Once Osborne is back and fit I'd go with a 4-3-3 with Osborne given a bit more licence to roam and create and having Summerfield and either Berrett/Rose shoring up the middle of the pitch so we don't lose that battle. (Ideally I'd have McAllister in there with Summerfield but who knows if he'll ever play again). Up front I'd have Jones in the middle with Dembele and DJ either side. We could still play in a Slade style i.e solid and defensive but in DJ, Dembele and Osborne we could actually hit them on the counter (Osborne has shown he can cover the ground pretty quickly such as his goal against Yeovil). No more hoofs forward to our strikers as not one of them has the ability to hold it up or win it in the air. Purposeful balls into space for DJ, Dembele or Osborne to run on to or run at the opposition when they're stretched. We might concede a few more goals playing that way but the important bit is we'd actually score a few and give ourselves a chance of winning.

And I'd have Davies at left back full time and I'd have Collins and K. Osborne in centre back because we're so damned slow there.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 22
HertsGTFC
November 19, 2017, 11:25am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Bigdog

I'd love that front four on a regular basis for this division Herts, but there's not enough quality behind them if we aspire to greater things. I'd also have Osbourne in at CH. If I was building a squad from scratch I'd have Mills and McKeown out of your defence and midfield, I'd have a younger quicker centre half pairing, a left footed left back and a central midfield that didn't get York relegated. Sounds a bit harsh because I know some like one or two of the players I'd ditch, but I'm a bit ruthless.

That line up emphasises we're not good enough even though that front four is pretty decent..

If only we had that luxury at the moment, I was trying to illustrate that we might be able to do better with what we have. Think your being a tad harsh on Summerfield who has been decent since he came back in.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 22
Bigdog
November 19, 2017, 11:32am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from HertsGTFC

If only we had that luxury at the moment, I was trying to illustrate that we might be able to do better with what we have. Think your being a tad harsh on Summerfield who has been decent since he came back in.  

I know you were only illustrating mate, sorry if it came across any different.

My point with Summerfield is.. he may have been decent, but is he dominant? Could you see him dominating games at the top end of this league? Will Luton, Coventry, Exeter etc be knocking on Slade's (?) door in January for him?

Has our playing squad been dumbed down that far so he's perceived to be a shining light?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 22
friskneymariner
November 19, 2017, 11:35am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Deckchairs,Titanic come to mind.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 22
MuddyWaters
November 19, 2017, 11:45am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Bigdog

I think we need to get Jones, DJ, Dembele and Osborne in the starting XI and ditch the three big men OC..

So do I but Jamey looked far from ready for a starting place.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 22
arryarryarry
November 19, 2017, 12:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from HertsGTFC
How about,

Macca

Summerfield   Berret

Jones

Need a decent left back I reckon.

Not sure if we man mark at corners but the cross came in from their right wing from their No.5 who was completely unmarked and had all the time in the world to cross the ball in.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 22
lukeo
November 19, 2017, 10:16pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
Every scenario and situation is different. I prefer to be a manager that concentrates on my team rather than the opposition. So If you're  going to play 352 at My home game I'm going to double up on the wings and push my full backs forward, who the  in turn will push my wingers forward to either drag 2 of the 3 central defenders out or push your wing backs right back to give my full backs space..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 442?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.