This thread currently has 6,630 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
MarinersOnTheUp
November 18, 2017, 10:21pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
DISCLAIMER: Fenty and Wraith - I am not, nor do I intend on bullying anyone into not attending a match, it is the personal preference of other fans and I will not argue with it, I am merely stating my opinion.

I’ve seen it mentioned on here a few times and I have to be honest, I’m starting to agree so I thought I’d make my own thread.

A few weeks ago I’d have not even considered it but now I genuinely think enough is enough. We need to take action. More than just chanting at the match or having a rant on here. Is boycotting the answer? Honestly I’m starting to think yes.

I don’t see any other way to really show how much we want change.

Everything else seems to have failed so why not boycott a league game to show fenty were deadly serious and that we want our club back.

I’d love it if we managed to get our smallest ever league attendance some time soon, surely that’d get the message across to our dictator? I’m sure he wouldn’t like to foot the bill to make up for the loss of matchday revenue.

It’s not like the loss of atmosphere would affect the players because there is no atmosphere at BP anyway.

The hull of the RMS Grimsby Town is well and truly below the waterline, buckled at the keel plates and going down fast. We’re in a lot of trouble.

I want my club back, anyone else?

FENTY OUT

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mariner Ronnie
November 18, 2017, 10:25pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Nah! I’ll be there Tuesday

GTID

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 45
lukeo
November 18, 2017, 10:32pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.08
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,294
Gold Stars: 133
We should do something like get as many to Boycott as possible then the next game try get every tom male private and Harry to the game. Show them what could happen if things don't change then show them what Grimsby fans can do
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 45
Swansea_Mariner
November 18, 2017, 10:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,386
Gold Stars: 62
The only thing that will work is a massive $ signal that the club cannot continue to function in the way it is.

A gate less than 3k is a sign that there is a sinificant problem.

A gate less than 2k represents a big red button that indicates that £2m in loans is effectively a write off unless change occurs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 45
promotion plaice
November 18, 2017, 10:37pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,952
Gold Stars: 188

I bought a season ticket to attend every home game I can get to........and I will be doing that for the rest of this season.

But..... the way things are going it will be pay as you go for me next season, cherry picking my games.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 45
Hagrid
November 18, 2017, 10:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,933
Gold Stars: 505
Im not boycotting a game. Im an ST holder, ive paidnmy money, i wont miss a game. But anyone choosing to do so has my full support.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 45
lew chaterleys lover
November 18, 2017, 10:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,499
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from MarinersOnTheUp
DISCLAIMER: Fenty and Wraith - I am not, nor do I intend on bullying anyone into not attending a match, it is the personal preference of other fans and I will not argue with it, I am merely stating my opinion.

I’ve seen it mentioned on here a few times and I have to be honest, I’m starting to agree so I thought I’d make my own thread.

A few weeks ago I’d have not even considered it but now I genuinely think enough is enough. We need to take action. More than just chanting at the match or having a rant on here. Is boycotting the answer? Honestly I’m starting to think yes.

I don’t see any other way to really show how much we want change.

Everything else seems to have failed so why not boycott a league game to show fenty were deadly serious and that we want our club back.

I’d love it if we managed to get our smallest ever league attendance some time soon, surely that’d get the message across to our dictator? I’m sure he wouldn’t like to foot the bill to make up for the loss of matchday revenue.

It’s not like the loss of atmosphere would affect the players because there is no atmosphere at BP anyway.

The hull of the RMS Grimsby Town is well and truly below the waterline, buckled at the keel plates and going down fast. We’re in a lot of trouble.

I want my club back, anyone else?

FENTY OUT

The feelings in the stadium are not representative of the views on here I don't think.

I would much prefer it if Fenty moved aside, but there doesn't seem to be the groundswell of opinion in the ground I would have expected. I suppose we know that Fenty will not budge, no matter what protests are made. Ego and the need to recoup the loans will see to that.

I suppose what will happen is that after another couple of defeats Slade will really feel the heat, and Fenty may fire him as the fall guy and the whole sorry scenario will start again.

I hope we can get a result on Tuesday and for us to get behind the team again, because I suppose the brutal truth is that we have Fenty for the forseeable future unless something really dramatic happens which is unlikely. We basically have to succeed, somehow, in spite of Mr. Fenty being in charge.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 45
MuddyWaters
November 18, 2017, 10:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +46 / -25
Approval: +31,785
Gold Stars: 230
I understand the sentiment but I didn't pay for 3 season tickets to sit at home. Next season will be a different story if either a. Slade's still here or b. Fenty is still here or c. Matt, Hooper, Woolford, Dixon or Clarke are still here (journeymen robbing a living)
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 45
Cambs Mariner
November 18, 2017, 10:53pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +1,233
It doesn't matter if season ticket holders turn up or not, they are already included in the attendance. Obviously away fans are added to the total attendance. So judging by to days attendance people are starting to stay away from games.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 45
chaos33
November 18, 2017, 10:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,750
Gold Stars: 348
No disrespect, but it's not about the fans. Go or don't go. Respect either way.

It's about the team and the manager doing better. Much better.
You get what you pay for in football. That's what's happening.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 45
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Boycotting a league game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.