Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Boycotting a league game
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 185 Guests

Boycotting a league game

This thread currently has 6,641 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Gaffer58
November 19, 2017, 5:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
Don't tell anyone but I am a member if the secret flask society, our club mission statement is to have flasks on every seat, not only at the football but also at places like cinemas, theatres etc. Mr Fenty has been identified as one of our main enemies but we are confident of achieving our goal eventually. " power to the flask"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 45
MuddyWaters
November 19, 2017, 5:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from ginnywings

No, flasks are still legal.

Thanks for the clarification. Mine will be sat on one of the spare seats on Tuesday night!
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 45
jaygy
November 19, 2017, 5:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Boycotting just gives the wrong impression imo. If the crowds steadily fall due to poor football then Fenty has to act but if there is a mass boycott then Fenty will just string out another excuse about fans bullying etc and detract the attention away from his pal Slade
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 45
ginnywings
November 19, 2017, 5:54pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
If the football and results stay the same, then the fan drain will continue of it's own volition anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 45
Garth
November 19, 2017, 6:09pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
I will be there supporting the team in the league, too much at stake, respect anyone who has a different opinion though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 45
wiggers
November 19, 2017, 6:21pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +460
Gold Stars: 11
I don’t blame players, it’s the tactics of the management team that’s the problem. With a different approach these players might actually be able to show us how good they are.
Personally I don’t agree that you should turn up and support the team no matter what. Why? A blip in results is one thing, I except we won’t win every game, but this is different, this is a much bigger issue.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 45
crusty ole pie
November 19, 2017, 6:26pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,311
Gold Stars: 62
Boycott a league game never but I must admit the chance of earning £150 yesterday was more attractive than the thought of the match but crusty will be back Tuesday
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 45
lew chaterleys lover
November 19, 2017, 6:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from wiggers
I don’t blame players, it’s the tactics of the management team that’s the problem. With a different approach these players might actually be able to show us how good they are.
Personally I don’t agree that you should turn up and support the team no matter what. Why? A blip in results is one thing, I except we won’t win every game, but this is different, this is a much bigger issue.

If you are a fan you go to the games surely? Your absence will not make a jot of difference to Fenty's future, which is the real issue. If too many people boycott the games and our results collapse it would be a disaster. We must stay in the league at all costs; the current difficulties will one day be resolved and if we are in the league we will be much more attractive to future investors, say I hopefully.

No one manager or chairman can please everyone, and as others say attendances will naturally reflect results/performances but talks of actual boycotts will be self defeating in my opinion.

Incidentally, on Saturday there were half hearted "Fenty out" chants in the Pontoon - did Fenty get any stick from the upper Smiths?
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 45
Mendonca1995
November 19, 2017, 9:38pm
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I understand the sentiment but I didn't pay for 3 season tickets to sit at home. Next season will be a different story if either a. Slade's still here or b. Fenty is still here or c. Matt, Hooper, Woolford, Dixon or Clarke are still here (journeymen robbing a living)

You missed vernon out

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 45
sonofmadeleymariner
November 19, 2017, 10:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
Boycotting hurts the club, which I wouldn't want to do and unless you can get 1000s of people to boycott just wouldn't be effective enough. A well controlled, planned, march and protest would probably more effective, I'm not talking a pitch invasion like Blackpool did, but maybe something similar to what Hull fans did recently. Something to make a statement without hurting the club that the board and management would be unable to avoid.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Boycotting a league game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.