Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pride and passion.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 224 Guests

Pride and passion.

This thread currently has 1,545 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
lukeo
November 18, 2017, 8:15pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,294
Gold Stars: 134
It's funny isn't it. Recently it's been so doom and gloom and as much as I hate to say it I'm with everyone. The style of play is terrible, our PR is terrible lately and just the way the club is run lately is terrible. You'll never find anything anywhere until now with me saying I want change, I want people out. But now, in this situation we need it. We need change. We need new ideas.

But yet, I open my cupboard here in my house in Somerset and grab my town shirt to put on for the evening,  smile and feel the pride of the club I love and the town I'm from. The black and white stripes of Grimsby Town FC. Nothing will stop my love for my home town.
Logged Offline
Private Message
MuddyWaters
November 18, 2017, 8:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from lukeo
It's funny isn't it. Recently it's been so doom and gloom and as much as I hate to say it I'm with everyone. The style of play is terrible, our PR is terrible lately and just the way the club is run lately is terrible. You'll never find anything anywhere until now with me saying I want change, I want people out. But now, in this situation we need it. We need change. We need new ideas.

But yet, I open my cupboard here in my house in Somerset and grab my town shirt to put on for the evening,  smile and feel the pride of the club I love and the town I'm from. The black and white stripes of Grimsby Town FC. Nothing will stop my love for my home town.

Are you on the gin?  
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
KingstonMariner
November 18, 2017, 8:24pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I thought you were going to write something about that Sophia Loren film with the big cannon. An that's not a euphemism Civvy.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
Gaffer58
November 18, 2017, 8:26pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,097
Gold Stars: 31
Nothing wrong with pride and passion, in the end we are all Town fans and will be here long after today's players, management team and non chairman  have departed, but like the Spartan's who had pride and passion they we're eventually defeated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
KingstonMariner
November 18, 2017, 8:32pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Gaffer58
Nothing wrong with pride and passion, in the end we are all Town fans and will be here long after today's players, management team and non chairman  have departed, but like the Spartan's who had pride and passion they we're eventually defeated.

Yep, solid and well organised in the middle but outdone by the Persians' wingers getting in behind them.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
GYinScuntland
November 18, 2017, 8:52pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Yep, solid and well organised in the middle but outdone by the Persians' wingers getting in behind them.

They had a cracking manager who knew how to play his boys in the best positions
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
GYinScuntland
November 18, 2017, 8:55pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
You'll never find a Persian who says the Spartans wanted it, turned up and got a result.
Bunch of no show wannabees and no mistake.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
grimps
November 19, 2017, 6:34am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from lukeo

Nobody gaves a toss about the clubs PR when the team are winning ,If we was top of the league Fenty could call us all male masturbators and chuck rotten eggs at the fans and we wouldnt care.
PR is just a smokescreen hiding what our real problem is .... Our team is not good enough
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
dapperz fun pub
November 19, 2017, 8:12am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from grimps

Nobody gaves a toss about the clubs PR when the team are winning ,If we was top of the league Fenty could call us all male masturbators and chuck rotten eggs at the fans and we wouldnt care.
PR is just a smokescreen hiding what our real problem is .... Our team is not good enough

I agree with our team is not good enough to a point but I still think with some sort of modern tactics deployed rather than what slade is doing now we would be comfortable mid table rather than the relegation fight that is in front of us.  As for the pr the ground the non chairman the rude staff ( not all ) all needs gone
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
lukeo
November 19, 2017, 8:38am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,294
Gold Stars: 134
Agree with dapperz i think we have a half decent team which playing the right way would be top half comfortably.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pride and passion.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.