5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
friskneymariner
November 19, 2017, 11:09am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
My real anger is not at Fenty  although he has made several mistakes,my anger is at the sycophants who surround him and shield him from the reality of how dire the situation is by trying to lamely justify him

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 45
mariner91
November 19, 2017, 11:11am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,254
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from BackHeelTony
Yes relegation is a concern but will sacking the manager really improve things?

Slade's appointment was was not a short term fix, his task was to build a team capable of challenging for promotion and this will take time and therefore require our patience.

I doubt there is another manager out there that can bring immediate success on our budget, whilst playing like Brazil!

I fear changing the manager now will mean relegation will become a real possibility.

For now maybe we should accept this mundane season as a stepping stone to future success.

UTM

As it stands next season we will have Dixon, Kelly, Hooper, Rose, Bolawinra, Cardwell, Osborne, Jones, Dembele. Realistically I would only want three of them anywhere near my starting eleven and I wouldn't want four of them in my match day squad. Hardly shaping up for promotion is it?

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 45
Croxton
November 19, 2017, 11:18am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933
Gold Stars: 31
If Slade can retain the loyalty of his squad we will stay up. While they put in the effort, I will support them limited though some of them are. Key issues :-
1. Don't rush Jamey Osborne back. Nowhere near strong enough yet.
2. Play to Sam Jones' strengths and keep him on the pitch.
3. Give Clifton a start or two.
4. Keep Davies at left back.
5. Get more young supporters in, FREE if necessary, tired of seeing only old farts like me in the upper. Role here for the TRUST?
6. Cherish the away support. e.g. £! off either Home ticket or Club shop etc. with stub for away tickets. ( awaits fury of STH'S!)
7. Embrace change at all levels.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 45
Grantley
November 19, 2017, 7:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
I never understood the notion that we ‘never challenged for the title in the Conference’. We were top until March in 12/13 and we were two points behind Barnet at Easter Weekend in 14/15.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 45
grimsby pete
November 19, 2017, 8:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
I am sure it was the Fishy that discovered  Hurst ( with Scott )

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 45
grimsby pete
November 19, 2017, 8:08pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Also Vardy .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.