5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
November 18, 2017, 8:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,382
Gold Stars: 532
Mate the way we are playing theres a real possibility. I dont hate slade, i just know i am an ST holder bored out his brain and worried that his style is going see us back where we cannot be. Because if it happens again we wont come
Back
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 45
OllieGTFC
November 18, 2017, 8:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Sack Slade, who comes in ? Please tell me because the decent managers out there have jobs and know not to come to this shithole with Fenty on the board

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 45
topuphere666
November 18, 2017, 8:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Can we trust JF to actually pick a suitable manager... I don’t have much hope!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 45
mariner91
November 18, 2017, 8:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,621
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from OllieGTFC
Oh fk. Off we won’t get relegated ffs, it takes more than a season to make a team, we gather Hurst 6 years and his football was boring you lot just don’t like sladey because how he left last time

We did at least score goals even when we weren't making the play offs under Hurst. Hearn scored more on his own when we finished 11th than the whole team will probably manage this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 45
Gaffer58
November 18, 2017, 8:45pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Relegation will be tight, it could go to the last 2/3 games f the season, a I have said earlier let's hope there are 2 team worse than us but, Forest Green are winning, Port Vale have picked up, so it's between us Chesterfield and Barnet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 45
GrimRob
November 18, 2017, 8:53pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from topuphere666
Can we trust JF to actually pick a suitable manager... I don’t have much hope!

Everyone conveniently forgets he "discovered" Hurst and gave him the chance to manage on his own, when he could so easily have shown both of them the door. I admit most of his other appointments have been iffy (RS first time around was the other success), but failure is the norm with football managers and most don't even last 2 seasons.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 45
HertsGTFC
November 18, 2017, 9:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Looking at the following games left in 2018,

Swindon H
Barnet A
VGR H
Notts C A
Luton A
Mansfield H
Accrington H

I hope I'm wrong but based upon recent weeks I'd be surprised if we tale more than 10 points from the games above, could be in a relegation fight come the next window, then we'll have to rely on the transfer deals of RS.............       

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 45
Garth
November 18, 2017, 9:10pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from friskneymariner
Think the tipping point will be if gates fall below 3,000. Strong possibility Tues night,I as a season ticket holder am not going.

As a season ticket holder you will be counted as attending whether you are or not
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 45
TAGG
November 18, 2017, 9:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from GrimRob

Everyone conveniently forgets he "discovered" Hurst and gave him the chance to manage on his own, when he could so easily have shown both of them the door. I admit most of his other appointments have been iffy (RS first time around was the other success), but failure is the norm with football managers and most don't even last 2 seasons.

What do you mean he could have 'easily shown both of them the door'
Shouty was out because of something he did so Fenty got a solo Hurst by accident.
Nothing to do with Fentys good judgment.
As far as GTFC are concerned hes never made a good decision.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 45
GrimRob
November 18, 2017, 9:15pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from TAGG

What do you mean he could have 'easily shown both of them the door'
Shouty was out because of something he did so Fenty got a solo Hurst by accident.
Nothing to do with Fentys good judgment.
As far as GTFC are concerned hes never made a good decision.

You are so blinded by hatred you have forgotten what happened. RS was basically sacked, although we didn't have to pay him any compensation because it was for gross misconduct. JF at this point had the choice whether to also sack PH, who would have been compensated, or let him carry on on his own. He decided to let PH carry on, which was a judgement call on his part. The decision was much debated on the Fishy at the time, it's all still there I think if you hunt back.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Relegation

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.