9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
November 18, 2017, 5:25pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.06
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,952
Gold Stars: 531
Not much to report really. It was much better than the last home game and we were better than Carlisle, who looked just as poor as every other side that have come here this season, but as is our wont, we gifted them a goal with poor marking and you just knew we wouldn't get a serious shot at their goal after that, never mind an equaliser. Rotating front players today and none of them look like a proper striker.

Two poor sides, boring as fook. Apathy reigns at BP.
Logged Offline
Private Message
jimgtfc
November 18, 2017, 5:30pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +4,973
Gold Stars: 38
With all due respect Ginny we got a point in the last home game... nothing today.

I used to enjoy writing my in depth opinion on each game on the just back thread, but just can’t be bothered anymore.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 83
Gaffer58
November 18, 2017, 5:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
What is it with when they have a corner we bring everybody back into the box, there is no outlet so when we clear it they just automatically have the ball with nobody pressing them, hence they already start another attack, it has been this way all season, Slade has not got a clue!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 83
mimma
November 18, 2017, 5:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,532
Gold Stars: 78
Not leaving a player up when defending a corner is criminal. Even more so when a goal down.
Football is awful under Slade. Too negative, frightened to attack, stand off, always second to the ball, no belief.

When they had the ball they had options, with players moving into space to receive the ball. We were the exact opposite. When we have the ball there is no movement what so ever resulting in aimless balls that are easy to defend. We are too quick to get back to defend, but very slow to attack when we get it.

Something has to give soon, and it will be Slade that goes, paying the price on percentage football with no skill involved.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 83
Perkins
November 18, 2017, 5:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,964
Gold Stars: 7
Just a quick thank you to Carlisle Utd today for demonstrating to everyone at Blundell Park what a goal actually looks like.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 83
cmackenzie4
November 18, 2017, 5:37pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.30
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,296
Gold Stars: 33
In all my time of supporting Town I don’t think I’ve ever bern as unenthusiastic as I am now about Town, me and my lad was just saying today that we’ve lost all interest at this moment in time. 👎

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 83
ginnywings
November 18, 2017, 5:38pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.06
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,952
Gold Stars: 531
Quoted from jimgtfc
With all due respect Ginny we got a point in the last home game... nothing today.

I used to enjoy writing my in depth opinion on each game on the just back thread, but just can’t be bothered anymore.

I'm more of an entertainment type fan than a results one. We may have got a point last time but it was more dismal a game than today by far. 1 point, 0 points, whatever.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 83
Bigdog
November 18, 2017, 5:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from ginnywings
Not much to report really. It was much better than the last home game and we were better than Carlisle, who looked just as poor as every other side that have come here this season, but as is our wont, we gifted them a goal with poor marking and you just knew we wouldn't get a serious shot at their goal after that, never mind an equaliser. Rotating front players today and none of them look like a proper striker.

Two poor sides, boring as fook. Apathy reigns at BP.

Would we be better Ginny if we dispensed with the big men up top ie Matt, Hooper and Vernon? Play either Cardwell or Jones as a sort of false number nine with Dembele, DJ and Osbourne as the three behind? You don't need to be a big guy to hold the ball up, just need to be quicker to the ball. That big slow target man theory was left in the 20th century..

Don't know what K Osbourne has to do to get a game. We've no pace at the back and we also concede free headers, so what's the point of playing Collins and Clarke together? Osbourne's quicker and definitely better on the ball.

Didn't agree with Slade's signings in the summer. He's totally stuffed us and we've got 30 players on our books and only one left back and he's shite..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 83
Hagrid
November 18, 2017, 5:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,933
Gold Stars: 505
Tbf i dont think the 2 CBS are bad at all, least of our worries
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 83
sapper mariner
November 18, 2017, 5:47pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +486
Gold Stars: 7
Toothless.

Ubique
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 83
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.