This thread currently has 12,644 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
fleabag1970
November 18, 2017, 6:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
And JF just gave himself 200k ............ must be reward for his time in charge or it could be 100k of op money ?????

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 83
TAGG
November 18, 2017, 7:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,961
Gold Stars: 124
I was hoping to see a goal with having four changes.

No chance of that.

First half was not so bad with Rose looking good after a lot of time off and Carlisle not looking all that.

Was optimistic for the second half but after about 5 minutes realised I must have been living in parallel world.

The twit in the hat made four changes in personnel but absolutely no change tactics.

His substitutions were like for like and made things worse.
He can't change a system to save his life.

Let's look at his insistence of packing the box for any opposition dead ball situations. Every Town fan is sick to death of it.
Their goal today was a direct result of this tactic.
We have in Dembelie one of the quickest players in the league and one of the smallest so what advantage does he give us being in our box for corners?????
He and another need to bee outside our box for an out ball.

I can't for the life of me see how Fenty ever appointed a manager that is well on the way down, who had been sacked three times in the previous twelve months and was excrement the first time around.

We will be relegated because we can't score.

I can't fault the players for their endeavour today but if you play to Slades instruction it's gonna make any player look excrement.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 83
londonmariner2
November 18, 2017, 7:06pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: -24
Gold Stars: 1
I personally didnt think it was that bad today. A fairly even game with chances which could have gone either way.
Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 83
moosey_club
November 18, 2017, 7:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,210
Gold Stars: 226
Well....Carlisle pretty poor i thought....only looked a danger when we switched off....which we did on maybe four occassions..Collins and Davies twice getting in a muddle in the first half which Macca saved one and they overran a second....then again for their goal, giving them so much room on the right to pick out the goal scorer and also with that backpass that Macca just managed smother and smuggle away from their striker.

As for us... brighter first half, managed to get behind them a few times but little end result. At least we had wingers that would attack with a bit of pace but i thought Siriki was quiet today. We faded as the game went on though.  Jamie Osbourn didnt look ready to play to me but would have much rather seen him in the centre as opposed to being on the wing.

Russ just needs to face facts, our strikers are static, incapable of beating a man, they are not quick ,they rarely face or run towards the opposition goal, there are virtually no signs of a partnership being formed between any of the permutations tried so far and as if that wasnt bad enough....they are very poorly supported from centre mid, our deliveries from out wide and set pieces is shocking and 90% of the balls they receive are at or above shoulder height......wonder why we cant score ?
Vernon....doesnt score, hardly shoots, cant recall him assisting a great deal either yet he seems to be the No.1 choice.....i am utterly perplexed as to how someone has managed to get as many games with the stats he is producing.

Tuesday could be very significant for Russ now. Didnt hear post match but i presume he was disappointed that our first half dominance didnt result in a goal and not taking chances has cost us again...

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 83
arryarryarry
November 18, 2017, 7:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Nor sure I agree with the views they were worse than us, a fairly entertaining game by two poor sides.

I thought they edged the game, they could have had a couple of goals like we could have had in the first half but second half they were more dangerous than we were, in fact I cant remember a shot on target for us in the second half.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 83
arryarryarry
November 18, 2017, 7:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club
Well....Carlisle pretty poor i thought....only looked a danger when we switched off....which we did on maybe four occassions..Collins and Davies twice getting in a muddle in the first half which Macca saved one and they overran a second....then again for their goal, giving them so much room on the right to pick out the goal scorer and also with that backpass that Macca just managed smother and smuggle away from their striker.

As for us... brighter first half, managed to get behind them a few times but little end result. At least we had wingers that would attack with a bit of pace but i thought Siriki was quiet today. We faded as the game went on though.  Jamie Osbourn didnt look ready to play to me but would have much rather seen him in the centre as opposed to being on the wing.

Russ just needs to face facts, our strikers are static, incapable of beating a man, they are not quick ,they rarely face or run towards the opposition goal, there are virtually no signs of a partnership being formed between any of the permutations tried so far and as if that wasnt bad enough....they are very poorly supported from centre mid, our deliveries from out wide and set pieces is shocking and 90% of the balls they receive are at or above shoulder height......wonder why we cant score ?
Vernon....doesnt score, hardly shoots, cant recall him assisting a great deal either yet he seems to be the No.1 choice.....i am utterly perplexed as to how someone has managed to get as many games with the stats he is producing.

Tuesday could be very significant for Russ now. Didnt hear post match but i presume he was disappointed that our first half dominance didnt result in a goal and not taking chances has cost us again...

I could mention a rumour I heard today.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 83
moosey_club
November 18, 2017, 7:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,210
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from arryarryarry

I could mention a rumour I heard today.

If it was from Matt Dean i would ignore it  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 83
Bigdog
November 18, 2017, 7:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Hagrid
Tbf i dont think the 2 CBS are bad at all, least of our worries

Because if you play two slow centre halves they naturally drop deeper. Consequence, the midfield drops deeper further isolating the forwards and limiting the opportunity for midfielders to make dangerous runs beyond the forwards or creative advanced support play. The forwards being so far from the central defenders means the distribution to them is made more difficult. And as RS has just said in his interview, he's had to bring everyone into our box to defend set pieces because we were conceding too many. Having to do this is hardly a ringing endorsement of our central defending skills. On the face of it, Collins and Clarke might not seem to be doing that badly but there are hidden tactical consequences for their deficiencies that affect overall team performance.. Free header again today wasn't it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 83
arryarryarry
November 18, 2017, 7:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid
Tbf i dont think the 2 CBS are bad at all, least of our worries

Were you in the bog when they scored?
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 83
mimma
November 18, 2017, 7:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,567
Gold Stars: 78
They scored from a corner which was half cleared, they had the freedom of the park to cross, and they scored from a free header. We had everyone back in the area yet they still had all the room they wanted.

what's the point of pulling everyone back if they all ball watch and go to sleep?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 83
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.