ginnywings
November 18, 2017, 5:53pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Bigdog

Would we be better Ginny if we dispensed with the big men up top ie Matt, Hooper and Vernon? Play either Cardwell or Jones as a sort of false number nine with Dembele, DJ and Osbourne as the three behind? You don't need to be a big guy to hold the ball up,  just need to be quicker to the ball.  That big slow target theory was left in the 20th century..

Don't know what K Osbourne has to do to get a game. We've no pace at the back and we also concede free headers, so what's the point of playing Collins and Clarke together? Osbourne's quicker and definitely better on the ball.

Didn't agree with Slade's signings in the summer. He's totally stuffed us and we've got 30 players on our books and only one left back and he's shite..

Possibly, but Slade won't do anything like that. He's too old school and besides i just don't think we have good enough players in the squad. His and Wilko's recruitment has been shockingly bad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 83
Mendonca1995
November 18, 2017, 5:55pm
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
vernon has to be one of the worst strikers I’ve ever seen at town what does he do why does slade keep starting him he’s meant to score goals and as past stats prove it’s obvious he can’t its getting worse game by game crowds dropping by 100-200 each time something had to give and fast

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 83
MuddyWaters
November 18, 2017, 5:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from ginnywings

Possibly, but Slade won't do anything like that. He's too old school and besides i just don't think we have good enough players in the squad. His and Wilko's recruitment has been shockingly bad.

Almost as bad as Fenty's.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 83
Hagrid
November 18, 2017, 5:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
Quoted from Mendonca1995
vernon has to be one of the worst strikers I’ve ever seen at town what does he do why does slade keep starting him he’s meant to score goals and as past stats prove it’s obvious he can’t its getting worse game by game crowds dropping by 100-200 each time something had to give and fast

Thought he did okay with his headers and hold up play but he will never score a goal, but saying that we dont create chances anyway! Second half i cant remember a shot
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 83
chipsandgravy
November 18, 2017, 5:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +3,538
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from ginnywings

I'm more of an entertainment type fan than a results one. We may have got a point last time but it was more dismal a game than today by far. 1 point, 0 points, whatever.

So you are. I seem to remember you said the same under Hurst's reign. Eloquently I may add!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 83
headingly_mariner
November 18, 2017, 6:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
We were the better side, but we are struggling with a budget strikeforce. Time for a changes. Fenty Out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 83
Bigdog
November 18, 2017, 6:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Mendonca1995

We played Carlisle at home this time last year on a TUESDAY night which are generally less well supported. Attendance, 4800, so we're more than 1k down a game at present and it's going to get worse. Fenty's decisions are costing the club around £20k a week. Over a season that's £500k.. Yet he's not accountable to anyone because he LOANED us some money FIFTEEN years ago..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 83
zorro_is_a_Mariner
November 18, 2017, 6:27pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Bigdog

We played Carlisle at home this time last year on a TUESDAY night which are generally less well supported. Attendance, 4800, so we're more than 1k down a game at present and it's going to get worse. Fenty's decisions are costing the club around £20k a week. Over a season that's £500k.. Yet he's not accountable to anyone because he LOANED us some money FIFTEEN years ago..

I think it was bignots second game at home in charge that why it would be a bit higher but I do agree it's dropping quiet quickly this season.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 83
oldun
November 18, 2017, 6:36pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Today we could have had the game won in the first 20 mins. Had plenty of posession and forward play. Jaisimi and Dembele caused them all sorts of problems and Summerfield supported very well. But for some excellent saves by their keeper we would have been 2 goals to the good by half time. Davies and Mills were getting forward. We were in control at the back. However Vernon and Hooper don't look like they will score. I was disappointed in Mitch Rose today who did not contribute much to the team. Our one serious defensive mistake cost us a goal and after that we huffed and puffed in desperation but never looked likely to score, It does not matter which strikers are playing, none of them are going to be regular scorers. Must stick with Jaisimi and Dembele must stay as wide players for Tues, maybe young Cardwell could have a go up top. Nothing to lose.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 83
MuddyWaters
November 18, 2017, 6:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Hoping Berrett's fit for Tuesday - Rose was anonymous. Also hope Davies and Mills are retained as the full backs and we look at a different attacking set-up. Mills or DJ for my MOTM.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 83
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.