Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty, where does the fishy stand?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 315 Guests

Fenty, where does the fishy stand?
Leave as soon as possible
Carry on as he is
Start process to clear benign debt
Appoint a Chairman to run the club
  View Results 146 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Fenty, where does the fishy stand?

This thread currently has 4,775 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
November 18, 2017, 9:20pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Well I'm glad you're OK with watching excrement football in a excrement ground, a team with a Dad's Army defence and zero goal threat. That's before we start on the way the fans have been treated....wasn't it you who started the thread about relegation?

I never suggested I am happy with any of those things, but the smooth running of the club (a completely unrelated matter) is paramount.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 20
MuddyWaters
November 18, 2017, 9:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from GrimRob

I never suggested I am happy with any of those things, but the smooth running of the club (a completely unrelated matter) is paramount.

The 'smooth running' of the club is surely irrelevant if the product's crap?
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
Cambs Mariner
November 18, 2017, 9:37pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +1,233
If a business person came in with any business savvy the first thing they would do is ensure the club ran smoothly with most of the people who are presently employed in those areas. It isn't that side of the Company that needs changing. The clubs needs fresh impetus in the boardroom and in the managing of the football team.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
GYinScuntland
November 19, 2017, 12:04pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from GrimRob
Seriously, if he just walked out tomorrow, do you think there would be a smooth transition? It's been so long since anyone else has run the club is there anyone who knows what to do if he just walked out the door? If he's going to go, I'd like to see an orderly transition with some sort of timetable and exit date.

FEXIT
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
heppy88
November 19, 2017, 12:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Many have posted Fentys long history of his time in charge. Let’s face it, it’s diabolical. If it was any other business (other than a football club), it would have folded by now. Shareholders would have seen off the chairman. It cannot be right that one man can have such an atrocious CV during his time in charge and still remain in that position. It just wouldn’t happen in any other area apart from a dictatorshop. Change is never easy and many will shy away from promoting it at any cost. But change is what  is required and the sooner the better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
heppy88
November 19, 2017, 12:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
......and thanking or giving Fenty some slack for his loans. No, what has it really done for the club. Has everyone been enjoying the product on offer since his tenure began?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
HertsGTFC
November 19, 2017, 12:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Where do I stand on JF? Quite simply if he still wants to be a "big" figure at the club start thinking "big" not just with the stadium project but also with manager and player recruitment, fan engagement, PR, schemes to boost attendances etc... etc... then maybe his supposed search for more investment may just make us a half decent proposition to invest in.

Seems to me the problem is that JF is not only conservative in his politics he's also the same in his approach to running GTFC. Stick around by all means but earn the fuckin right to have the role you have.        

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
OneLove
November 19, 2017, 12:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Fenty and Slade are like a flipping robson and gerome CD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
Marinerz93
November 19, 2017, 8:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from OneLove
Fenty and Slade are like a flipping robson and gerome CD

That good OneLove, I had them down for Arthur Mullard & Hylda Baker You're The 1 That I Want, which is quite fitting as Fenty wanted Slade, Slade is the one wearing the black wig.

[youtube]x_MSi0MhM_c[/youtube]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
wiggers
November 19, 2017, 8:48pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 11
Whatever people’s opinion on JF he’s not going anywhere. The best we can hope for is that he comes to his senses and gets rid of Russell Slade. I’ll take that as a starter for ten.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty, where does the fishy stand?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.