8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
November 17, 2017, 8:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
"Mr Fenty, I have been a Town fan for 55 years. I have always travelled to games as an exile.   My father started going to games in the early 1930s.  

You have always tried to do the very best for the Club over many years.  However,  the relationship with many fans has now become strained, probably beyond repair.  I also think that the club is stale and in need of new leadership, energy and fresh ideas.  

Have you thought of actively seeking to relinquish power and control?  And devising  an exit strategy for yourself?  Where there is a will there is always a way.

If not, then I think that this is what you should be doing sooner rather than later. In my view this is In the long-term interests of the club, something that you hold so dear".
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 70
barralad
November 17, 2017, 8:23pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from jock dock tower

Afraid am in Oz otherwise would loved to have been there.

Will there be an independent chair of the meeting who will ensure it runs smoothly and will hold JF to account?

If questions are sent from afar to the meeting will they be read out? Am more than happy to append my full name and address to any such question for transparency's sake.

Am with others here though as well as to the date of said meeting. Holding it on any midweek night will ultimately decimate any potential attendance, and I think JF is probably aware of that - hence the offer of such a meeting so he can appear to be responding to fan's concerns knowing full well a lot of wannabe attendees simply can not make it. Have it on  a Saturday prior to a home game so all the exiles who wish to attend can, and let's face it, they probably contribute more to the club's coffers than most folk so should be able to have their voices heard.

A valid argument mate. I would point out though that the Trust open meeting was arranged on a Saturday for exactly that reason and the attendance was very disappointing. I'm not saying that people's issues with the Trust were as deep as these seem to be but there is a wealth of difference between being sufficiently bothered to attend in person and being quite happy to sit behind a keyboard. I've not witnessed this apparent depth of feeling since I joined this forum in 2009. If people genuinely want change it simply has to manifest itself in a much better attendance than any I've been to. I've been to about six such events since the Trust reformed and there has been no evidence of JF controlling the agenda/meeting. As I've said it has been the lack of numbers that have reduced them as a spectacle. Were it not for questions about flasks etc. at least a couple of forums would've been over very quickly.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 70
November 17, 2017, 8:35pm
Guest User
Must agree, the questions at the forums are not managed. Anyone can put questions to anyone sitting at the table. It is time for change, John has been in charge / Chairman / Majority shareholder for a long time now, and it has been the darkest period in our history. Forget all the nonsense, I've met John once or twice and he has been very approachable and has a sense of humour you don't often see when he is in full 'suit' mode.

For me, it comes down to what happens on the pitch. John has presided over our relegation out of the football league, utterly unthinkable and I can still barely believe we spent so long in the abyss. I can see the same mistakes being made again, a club of our size doesn't get relegated from the entire league unless it is badly run. I haven't seen anything to suggest lessons have been learned, quite the opposite. Our stature as a club has shrunk, we don't seem to do much right on or off the pitch.

Without malice, I do think it's time for a change, time for someone else to have a go.  
Reply: 62 - 70
Ipswin
November 17, 2017, 8:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from grimsby pete

Will you be sitting with us poor people Swin or are you in the executive suite again ?

I'll be with you dossers Pete .

My friend the Colchester ST holder who got me in the up market bit last season (with your mate Fenty) sadly passed away in the Summer (I think you met him at Cambridge) so I'm with the bra-less shell suited East Marsh mob (and you of course mate)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 70
barralad
November 17, 2017, 8:36pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from grimsby pete

Ian why should we have to ask what is the length of Slade's contract ?

Or why did you not come to the defence of fans at Stevenage ?

He should have made a statement so we did not need to ask the questions.

He comes on here and makes things 10 times worse for himself.

If he had told us in the first place most of this latest Fenty bashing would not have happened.

And for me therein lies the problem. Different people want to know different things. Personally I have no interest in knowing how long Slade's contract is because a. I actually think that should be private between Russ and the club board and b. I support whoever is manager of GTFC for as long as they are in post. Let's face it how many managers anywhere actually see out their contract?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 70
Ipswin
November 17, 2017, 8:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from 75

Without malice, I do think it's time for a change, time for someone else to have a go.  

In the board room as principal shareholder (and Chairman) or in the manager's office?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 70
November 17, 2017, 8:40pm
Guest User
Quoted from Ipswin

In the board room as principal shareholder (and Chairman) or in the manager's office?

Both.
Reply: 66 - 70
grimsby pete
November 17, 2017, 9:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from barralad

And for me therein lies the problem. Different people want to know different things. Personally I have no interest in knowing how long Slade's contract is because a. I actually think that should be private between Russ and the club board and b. I support whoever is manager of GTFC for as long as they are in post. Let's face it how many managers anywhere actually see out their contract?

You might not need to know Ian but most fans do,

At other clubs in this country how many fans do not know how many years their manager is on, ?

This is more relevant to us because Fenty came out and said a 6 month rolling contract is the future not so long age,

So why the no mention on Slade is he on the same or a 3 or4 year deal ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 70
jock dock tower
November 17, 2017, 9:53pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from barralad

A valid argument mate. I would point out though that the Trust open meeting was arranged on a Saturday for exactly that reason and the attendance was very disappointing. I'm not saying that people's issues with the Trust were as deep as these seem to be but there is a wealth of difference between being sufficiently bothered to attend in person and being quite happy to sit behind a keyboard. I've not witnessed this apparent depth of feeling since I joined this forum in 2009. If people genuinely want change it simply has to manifest itself in a much better attendance than any I've been to. I've been to about six such events since the Trust reformed and there has been no evidence of JF controlling the agenda/meeting. As I've said it has been the lack of numbers that have reduced them as a spectacle. Were it not for questions about flasks etc. at least a couple of forums would've been over very quickly.

I'll draft a question and pm it to you Ian?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 70
Marinerz93
November 17, 2017, 9:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
If I get stuck due to work, I cover most of Lincolnshire including over to Thorne - Mansfield so could I ring in.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans forum

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.