This thread currently has 9,332 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
oldun
November 17, 2017, 1:56pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Canny move by JF. It's "put up or shut up time" for all those having a go at him and GTFC. What is betting the critics will head for hills.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 70
Cloudy
November 17, 2017, 2:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from oldun
What is betting the critics will head for hills.

I think you may be right, unfortunately it will be at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 70
Garth
November 17, 2017, 3:48pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Kris2
Oh I love these things. Brings out all the local weirdos who like to ramble on about stuff nobody really cares about. Get ready for no relevant issues to be discussed.

Typical! I`m one of the local weirdos that attend every forum, yes some questions asked are a little strange but most times the questions are relevant to those asked on this forum, I myself have always had a fair answer to my questions from Hurst, Scott and Fenty.

My advice to you is to attend yourself and ask your relevant questions, but my betting is you won`t
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 70
grimsby pete
November 17, 2017, 4:02pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Fishy_fishtails

He cant be bothered to come for the games so doubt he will come for the forum!

I have been waiting to go into hospital for a new knee which  I have now been told it will be in a couple of weeks time,

So I will be attending in the new year you already know that because I told you it before,

BUT

You tell me why the only time you come on here is to stick up for Fenty you never take part in any other threads,

If you are going to the forum you could ask a few questions for me if you like..

OR

Are you going just to lick his bum ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 70
Fishy_fishtails
November 17, 2017, 4:12pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: -345
Quoted from grimsby pete

I have been waiting to go into hospital for a new knee which  I have now been told it will be in a couple of weeks time,

So I will be attending in the new year you already know that because I told you it before,

BUT

You tell me why the only time you come on here is to stick up for Fenty you never take part in any other threads,

If you are going to the forum you could ask a few questions for me if you like..

OR

Are you going just to lick his bum ?

Freedom of speech grimsbypete, I can comment when and how I like and when I see fit to do so, and as it happens the time that I have free to respond or come on here has coincidently been on a JF bashing thread.
And why on earth would I want to ask questions for you? We are clearly at different ends of the scales when it comes to JF and I don't feel it necessary to even attempt to reply to the last part.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 70
grimsby pete
November 17, 2017, 4:18pm

Exile

Freedom of speech grimsbypete, I can comment when and how I like and when I see fit to do so, and as it happens the time that I have free to respond or come on here has coincidently been on a JF bashing thread.
And why on earth would I want to ask questions for you? We are clearly at different ends of the scales when it comes to JF and I don't feel it necessary to even attempt to reply to the last part.

Answer me this then why did you say I do not bother to attend games when you know I have been unable to attend because I am waiting for an operation, I did attend the Wigan game but climbing the stairs was far too painful then its even worse now,

BUT

I bet if you was on one leg and living in Suffolk you would have dragged yourself to every game.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 70
barralad
November 17, 2017, 4:23pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Kris2
Oh I love these things. Brings out all the local weirdos who like to ramble on about stuff nobody really cares about. Get ready for no relevant issues to be discussed.

I'm not sure what more the club can do other than invite people to attend. Having attended the last half dozen of these events often at a time when things haven't been going well we've been desperate for someone to table a question to stimulate debate. The one sure way to prevent local "weirdos"  (unnecessarily derogatory by the way "We're all Town aren't we?") from hogging the floor is to go and ask your questions. Many of the questions on here are relevant and very well put together but have to be asked in the forum environment to elicit the response they may well deserve. Obviously some people are unable to att3nd due to their exile status but I simply refuse to believe that none of those who've been vocal on here are not local. The best way to avoid the keyboard warrior tag is to do the arguments justice in open debate.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 70
Fishy_fishtails
November 17, 2017, 4:25pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: -345
Quoted from grimsby pete

Answer me this then why did you say I do not bother to attend games when you know I have been unable to attend because I am waiting for an operation, I did attend the Wigan game but climbing the stairs was far too painful then its even worse now,

BUT

I bet if you was on one leg and living in Suffolk you would have dragged yourself to every game.

Not responding to that grimsbypete but as for the painful knee you have my full sympathy, have you tried a tens machine specifically for the knee? They had some in Aldi not long ago.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 70
grimsby pete
November 17, 2017, 4:29pm

Exile

Not responding to that grimsbypete but as for the painful knee you have my full sympathy, have you tried a tens machine specifically for the knee? They had some in Aldi not long ago.

I have tried a lot of things to no avail mate but there is light at the end of the tunnel now.

You still did not answer my first question though about repeating I am not bothered to attend games.

Are you sure you are not John ?

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 70
MuddyWaters
November 17, 2017, 4:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from barralad

I'm not sure what more the club can do other than invite people to attend. Having attended the last half dozen of these events often at a time when things haven't been going well we've been desperate for someone to table a question to stimulate debate. The one sure way to prevent local "weirdos"  (unnecessarily derogatory by the way "We're all Town aren't we?") from hogging the floor is to go and ask your questions. Many of the questions on here are relevant and very well put together but have to be asked in the forum environment to elicit the response they may well deserve. Obviously some people are unable to att3nd due to their exile status but I simply refuse to believe that none of those who've been vocal on here are not local. The best way to avoid the keyboard warrior tag is to do the arguments justice in open debate.

Whilst I have some empathy with the sentiment Barra, it hardly helps when Mr Fenty is offering 'to go 10 rounds with anyone'.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans forum

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.