8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
jonnyboy82
November 17, 2017, 5:16am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
This is our chance to really let our feelings known  .

It's now or never fellow fishes.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 70
H19P1
November 17, 2017, 6:00am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
Needs an overwhelming turn out does this more than ever. If it's a no show then we as fans will have eggs on our faces and will be evermore perceived as keyboard warriors.

You don't have to be public speakers I'm sure but a show in numbers sends the right message.

Hopefully it's a structured meeting where all the key questions are asked, maybe we as fishy members really do need a list of pre thought out questions and be printed off for each member who's going a prompt sheet? The answers can then be fed back into this forum as separate threads so we can discuss each topic individually.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 70
Cloudy
November 17, 2017, 6:43am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from promotion plaice

Yep.......JF will simply answer any questions like a politician and no one will get the opportunity to challenge the reply......damp squib.

That's exactly what the club want/expect.

Up to you to give them the ride they deserve in a clear concise and polite manner
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 70
pizzzza
November 17, 2017, 6:46am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
At least they'll be no need for the usual question about Shaun Pearson going in goal anymore.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 70
lukeo
November 17, 2017, 7:11am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
If I lived closer I'd turn up 100%. If I'm not at work when the forum is on I'll tune in whatever way possible, if it allows me to send in questions or 'debates' the main things for me are :
Why is Our style of play so bad
Why the club isn't pulling together with fans (Stevenage for example)
What's the latest around loans, potential buyers etcetc
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 70
LH
November 17, 2017, 7:31am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,500
Gold Stars: 173
These are always booked so they’re the least convenient for everyone to attend. I don’t think this one will be any different but the club have surprised me before.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 70
BackHeelTony
November 17, 2017, 8:25am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +325
Gold Stars: 1
Think some credit needs to go to the club for arranging this.

Lots of issues lately and fans deserve some explanations.

Good to see radio humberside involved too.

A opportunity  to clear the air and bring supporters and the club closer together.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 70
Kris2
November 17, 2017, 8:55am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Oh I love these things. Brings out all the local weirdos who like to ramble on about stuff nobody really cares about. Get ready for no relevant issues to be discussed.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 70
KingstonMariner
November 17, 2017, 8:58am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Depends on the date really. Would happily go and be prepared to ask questions.

Tough questions would be more powerful coming from disaffected season ticket holders - if I stopped going to BP it wouldn't scratch the surface.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 70
1mickylyons
November 17, 2017, 9:01am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
We need a lot of bodies there to get the message across but it needs to be constructive and we need answers (good luck with getting any). I like most fans could probably fill the time up with serious questions I want answering.

Why was the Promotion side/Management team allowed to break up and why were proper contracts not offered to key players with real performance related pay?

The ST sales push for 2016-2017 where was it and are you not suitably embarrassed by Lincoln`s efforts?

As above Ref shift workers issue when are you going to properly look at this to further ticket sales?

What NEW idea`s do GTFC intend coming up with to boost support for 2018 onwards and why do they not get the Trust involved ?

Manager choices seem bizarre can you explain what due diligence went in to appointing MB and how he was deemed best available candidate? That choice having been made why did he become surplus to requirements what was his remit? RS a very divisive choice and now due to the brand of football dropping gates but with a comparable points total to last year when are you getting rid?

The fans/Trust drove OP and it was a great success did that embarrass you and your own efforts previously to try and gain promotion?

Following the above the Club seem to have left the fans out in the cold and seem to be copping a deaf un checkatrade,ticketing shambles,bra gate,club statements

What EXACTLY is a benign loan in layman`s terms what does it mean and also why can`t you convert this to shares?

If the Clubs fans wanted to take the Club over would you be willing to help by selling the Club for a nominal fee and or spell out what they needed to do?

Would you be willing to give the MP shares back to the Trust?

Are you happy with the football on offer in terms of style and entertainment?

What do you want/expect to see from a Grimsby Town team?

How much money do we have available for players in January if you can`t specify a figure for obvious reasons can fans expect enough money in the pot to be able to finance 2-3 players of league 1 quality?

If you wish to carry on as custodian of this Club what message do you have to the fans of this Club and why should they support you going forward?

To those who want you to go and say they have seen 15 years of failure on your watch how do you win them back?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans forum

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.