Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Are we going down the same path as Stockport \york
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 152 Guests

Are we going down the same path as Stockport \york

This thread currently has 5,968 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
November 12, 2017, 12:05pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
In the sense of everybody dislikes the owner or is it simply the vocal few on the fishy ? Personally speaking most of my town fan mates want change from top to bottom
Logged Offline
Private Message
TAGG
November 12, 2017, 12:06pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
At the moment we are on the path to being a non league club again.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 44
dapperz fun pub
November 12, 2017, 12:08pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from TAGG
At the moment we are on the path to being a non league club again.

Agree sadly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 44
Paris Mariner
November 12, 2017, 12:09pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
There are some right drama queens on here. We may not be playing the best football at the moment and the chairman has made some right gaffs of late but from the 8/9 matches I have seen this season we certainly don't look like relegation fodder. We look like a mid-table side and we basically are. All things considered - second season back in the league after a long time out of it, 3 managerial changes in 6 months and a squad overhaul - we are not actually doing that bad.

Yes, JF needs to hire a PR consultant, yes we need a striker (who doesn't?!) and yes we'd like to be higher up the league but we are hardly a club in crisis. Far from it.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 44
bradzmilne
November 12, 2017, 12:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,359
Gold Stars: 29
The path to non-league , something we promised as supporters would never happen again.

Where on earth did it all go so wrong? A day that sticks in my head is away at Woking (wigs at Woking) and in all my time I've never felt a fan/club connection like that - it was fantastic.

Get rid of players that cared , replace them with not only players that don't understand but are genuinely on the whole are weaker in terms of ability.

I'd say you can't script it... But it's GTFC so of course you can.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 44
IlkleyMariner
November 12, 2017, 12:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,870
Gold Stars: 66
What a nonsense of a thread
Blackpool funds were raided by a joint owner when they had huge premier league parachute payments in their bank
Gtfc don't have funds to raid
Keep forum topics to something sensible please
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 44
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 12, 2017, 12:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Maybe am fortunate, in the fact I live away and my town games are few and far between. In fact, the last home game I went to was when we lost to Lincoln in2015.

There are so many disgruntled people not only on here, but on the varying social media outlets where fans of the club voice their concerns. I say fans over supporters, as a good percentage of those have stopped supporting the club and the current regime. People will (and have) start voting with their feet and, we will soon have a lower average home attendance than we've had for a long time.

The sth's have been sold down the river with inept performances and what can only be described as the most inept managerial performance Ina long time. The goals 'for' column is quite frankly embarrassing. I agree that no one ever wants to see their team lose, but ffs, have a go at at least kicking the ball towards those big white bits of wood at the end of the pitch!

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 44
pizzzza
November 12, 2017, 12:33pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,657
Gold Stars: 135
Of course it is a different situation to Blackpool but there is a sense that we are moving backwards in all areas with no prospect of correcting this. We need a change at the top that's for sure, in my opinion.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 44
grimps
November 12, 2017, 12:37pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,993
Gold Stars: 46
I doubt that there are many clubs in the whole football league that think their chairman is doing a good job , Arsenal , Liverpool , Newcastle fans ect would all be shot of their chairman in a minute given the chance never mind most lower league clubs
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 44
lew chaterleys lover
November 12, 2017, 12:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
I think it would be more pertinent to ask if we are going down the same path as York or Stockport?

Despite his tenure being on the whole forgettable, the owner still hasn't grasped you need to spend money wisely, enough of it, and do your homework and due diligence when choosing managers. I was happy enough with Slade, mainly because I didn't trust the owner to choose the best candidate who he didn't already know, and that he would be a safe pair of hands.

All the owner is bothered about really is the new stadium for all sorts of reasons. A change of manager would give us a short term boost no doubt, but until the owner goes it will just be the same club with all the failings that are so obvious. I suppose all owners are egotistical to a degree, but ours has got the club in a stranglehold which is basically an imprint of himself.

The future could be really good if we could find a way of having a new start.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 44
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Are we going down the same path as Stockport \york

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.