Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Russ post match...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 141 Guests

Russ post match...

This thread currently has 7,472 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
November 11, 2017, 9:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,864
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
I don't think we should be scared to go below the national league to get a new manager, everyone at every level is pretty much a gamble.

Slade is like a death of a thousand cuts, slow and agonising. Frankly I'm just waiting it out until it's over, hopefully it's sooner rather than later, but I think it will take crowd levels to dwindle further to force fenty to sack his mate. Maybe a gate in the 2k level for a league game will set the alarm bells ringing.

I think there'll be barely 3000 there next Saturday. If we lose, play terrible or get 0, we'll fall to sub 3000, and then things will get very difficult. I really hope it doesn't happen, but something has got to change. The system, a few players, I don't know. Russ will have to work it out because it can't continue. Not if they want people to support and turn up and pay home and away. What a crying shame it is.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 52
chaos33
November 11, 2017, 9:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,864
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from ginnywings
The standard of player Slade has attracted this time is way way down on the standard last time. Is there a reason for this? Is it down to budget or the way the game has gone?

I strongly suspect that this is a case of 'you get what you pay for'.
Don't you?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 52
HertsGTFC
November 11, 2017, 9:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,890
Gold Stars: 225
Looking at what he inherited I would imagine the payroll budget is an issue I would imagine we won’t be seeing Clements, Asante and Tombola again as I suspect they have been loaned out as an opportunity to garner some interest.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 52
Gaffer58
November 11, 2017, 9:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,083
Gold Stars: 31
Well I've just whatched Republic of Ireland and they were dire, it seems Martin O'Neil and Slade went on the same coaching course, hoof it from the back, hope to get a throw near the opponents area, big throw into the box and hope to win the second ball.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 52
GrimRob
November 11, 2017, 9:40pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from grimsby pete
I have no confidence in Fenty finding the right man for the job.

So it makes no difference if Slade stays or goes.

PH was a good appointment so he doesn't always get it wrong!

And people say our managers are negative.....

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 34 - 52
HertsGTFC
November 11, 2017, 9:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
“Well I've just whatched Republic of Ireland and they were dire, it seems Martin O'Neil and Slade went on the same coaching course, hoof it from the back, hope to get a throw near the opponents area, big throw into the box and hope to win the second ball”.

The difference being that “avoiding defeat” away is essential in a 2 legged tie. At some point in a 46 game season you have to be a bit more adventurous.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 52
MuddyWaters
November 11, 2017, 9:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,171
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from GrimRob

PH wasn't the appointment though. He got left here because of another.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 52
friskneymariner
November 11, 2017, 9:48pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from GrimRob

By the law of average if you make a enough bad decision you are bound to make one that is not so bad,however Scott was one half of that decision,that worked out well didn't it.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 52
Mariner93er
November 11, 2017, 9:50pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
I'm not so sure we can blame it on the budget. Woolford, Clarke and Dixon have all played at a decent level, and must be on a decent wage. Add them to the other 30 odd players we have and I imagine our wage bill is a lot bigger than people expect.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 52
HertsGTFC
November 11, 2017, 9:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Did he appoint Hurst or “Hurst & Scott”? Did he appoint Hurst when Scott was binned or just “left Hurst to do the job”? Let’s face it at club level joint managers don’t usually work so it could be argued getting H&S in was not a great decision in reality. We only came good when Scott got binned.

Not only is his recruiting record mixed but did he really need to sack Sir Alan 3 when he did ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Russ post match...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.