Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Russ post match...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 118 Guests

Russ post match...

This thread currently has 7,473 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
November 11, 2017, 5:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,181
Gold Stars: 224
Well Russell....obviously you were disappointed that we didnt turn up ....obviously you can point out Exeter are up there so was never going to be easy..... however i have a pretty big issue with one of your other points when challenged over our recent scoring record...

You feel we need to take the chances we create...well today i am not sure we actually created one....in recent weeks we have hardly been spoilt regards goal scoring opportunities either....
if you expect to win football games by creating 1 or 2 chances in a game then you need one hell of a strike force to convert those into goals, in fact i am pretty sure there isnt a striker at any level in world football who has a 100% conversion rate, never mind one at League 2 level so if your plan is to keep it tight and convert the minimal chances we have to win the game then it is fundamentally flawed !!

Our leading scorer has a 24% conversion rate so you have to give him at least 4/5 chances to get the goal you need...not 1 chance every 2 or 3 games.

Sort it.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Marinerz93
November 11, 2017, 5:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Factually correct moosey_club, but it will fall on deaf ears at the club, plodding along unaware they are constantly stepping in excrement, then every now and then a puddle to clean off the excrement then everything is rosy.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 52
gtfcmd
November 11, 2017, 5:48pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +210
Gold Stars: 3
time to say bye bye to clueless idiot need somebody with a plan b or c unlike mr hoof ball
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 52
Hagrid
November 11, 2017, 5:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,327
Gold Stars: 526
Wilko needs a share of the blame too. Clueless all of them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 52
jonnyboy82
November 11, 2017, 5:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Fenty won't sack him because it will make him look like an idiot for appointing a man whos career was in freefall.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 52
sonofmadeleymariner
November 11, 2017, 6:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 37
I was always surprised Slade got as far as he actually did. He never really won anything, he made the playoff final a few times and lost everytime I do believe and he kept a few clubs up when they were relegation candidates thats about it.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 52
Badger57
November 11, 2017, 6:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,894
Gold Stars: 30
Hey Russ, not listening, not interested. Just bore off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 52
November 11, 2017, 6:24pm
Guest User
He really does need to leave, and fast!!
Clueless, Toothless, Dull tactics!! Keeps his best players on the bench or sends them out on loan.

What I hate most is how you have destroyed what this club spent the last 6 years rebuilding!!

Please leave!!! And we will start again because, unlike you, we actually give a Sh1te about this club!!!
Reply: 7 - 52
ginnywings
November 11, 2017, 6:27pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,085
Gold Stars: 548
What's the point of a new manager? The board get it wrong 90% of the time anyway and we are stuck with godawful players in the main. It will just be different manager, same shite.

May as well put the names of all the managers we could realistically hope to attract into a hat and let a random fan pick one out. The chances of success would be about the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 52
Mariner93er
November 11, 2017, 6:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
The group of players we have isn't terrible, and I think they'd do ok with a manager who has one ounce of positivity. I'm a positive fan in general, but I'm so relieved at the minute that I live in Birmingham so I don't have to go to Blundell park. I don't even listen on the radio anymore, because there's nothing to listen to.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 52
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Russ post match...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.