Marinerz93
November 12, 2017, 11:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from rancido

I'm sorry but the budget has f**k all to do with what players we have . Instead of signing 11 players in the summer he could have signed six or seven quality players but chose not to. He is well past his sell by date and is a dinosaur in football coaching terms. I never wanted " Judas " back and have made no bones about it in all my posts. He has had no success in football and his achievements are summed up in the word " nearly ".

Fair point but the budget does matter because he may not have been able to sign six or seven quality players if all due to budget so has gone for players on trial and budget basement BOGOF that no one else wanted.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 73
golfer
November 13, 2017, 6:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,376
Gold Stars: 112
4 years---£138K------I fkng hope not
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 73
1mickylyons
November 13, 2017, 7:54am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,262
Gold Stars: 54
If he has got that contract were doomed unless we see major investment on the pitch because the style of play dictates low home crowds.STH apart people are not going to pay for the crap being served up at Blundell Park at present.Another Fenty masterstroke.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 73
Swansea_Mariner
November 13, 2017, 8:25am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,386
Gold Stars: 62
If things don't change it'll have to be paid up simple as that, otherwise the gate money we will lose over 4 years will dwarf that figure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 73
1mickylyons
November 13, 2017, 8:27am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,262
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
If things don't change it'll have to be paid up simple as that, otherwise the gate money we lose will lose over 4 years will dwarf that figure.

Totally agree SM. I have not seen or heard one word of support for the brand of football on offer at present in the ground on social media or in and around the Town even the happy clappers have gone AWOL.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 73
Jarmo.Is.God
November 13, 2017, 8:30am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Ive watched Town for just under 20 years.

My dad use to take me
then i took my younger brother.

Ive got the badge as a tattoo on me, basically i'm a massive and passionate fan.

Yet i've never felt so disinterested about them in all my time.

Didn't even know our line-up yesterday until half 3 when i was told...

I use to go out my way to make sure i was at every home game, and as many away games as possible, and i now don't even bother going to most home games.

I have a 20 month old son, and would rather sit at home with him, then pay money to get frustrated and angry.

And there is no chance of taking him to Blundell Park any day soon, last thing i want is the NSPCC knocking on my door...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 73
friskneymariner
November 13, 2017, 10:06am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Yeah where are the happy clappers now,lets hear your views.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 73
lew chaterleys lover
November 13, 2017, 10:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,548
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Ive watched Town for just under 20 years.

My dad use to take me
then i took my younger brother.

Ive got the badge as a tattoo on me, basically i'm a massive and passionate fan.

Yet i've never felt so disinterested about them in all my time.

Didn't even know our line-up yesterday until half 3 when i was told...

I use to go out my way to make sure i was at every home game, and as many away games as possible, and i now don't even bother going to most home games.

I have a 20 month old son, and would rather sit at home with him, then pay money to get frustrated and angry.

And there is no chance of taking him to Blundell Park any day soon, last thing i want is the NSPCC knocking on my door...

You are surely happier now than under Woods when we fell into non league? Or the horrible 6 seasons down there? It is not great at the moment but I for one would much rather watch league football. It reminds me when we were in the Championship and we still only got 5000 home fans and people said they were fed up because the football wasn't great.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 73
Fat Cobra
November 13, 2017, 10:22am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / -28
Approval: -1,479
Quoted from golfer
4 years---£138K------I fkng hope not

One of my contacts has just told me this too (his info has been 100% so far), we are doomed...

We know Fenty's love of a rolling contract, but a 4 year rolling contract really takes the urine.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 73
Cloudy
November 13, 2017, 10:28am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431

You are surely happier now than under Woods when we fell into non league? Or the horrible 6 seasons down there? It is not great at the moment but I for one would much rather watch league football. It reminds me when we were in the Championship and we still only got 5000 home fans and people said they were fed up because the football wasn't great.

i agree but the advent of social media has changed things for ever!

Previously you moaned down the pub with a handful of mates, now you get it 24/7 on forums, twitter, facebook. Like a dripping tap it gets to you after a time!

When spectators just pack up going and the club, any club, is then on a downward spiral, like a run away bus out of control. You can see what is going to happen but you cant stop it.

Whats the alternative? Support through thick and thin and accept you can change very little or just decide there are more important things in life?

Private Message
Reply: 49 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.