8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
November 10, 2017, 11:54am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Sir Matt mentioned on 'This Morning' as part of the Alan Shearer interview about dementia. Very very sad clip of an interview by Shearer with his wife May with Matt virtually unrecogniseable sitting quietly in a chair in the background, absolutely heartbreaking.Needs to be told where he is and when to go to bed etc. could have wept for my hero

Not sure but maybe more or might be on again on Sunday in the programme about Shearers tests etc

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
grimsby pete
November 10, 2017, 12:46pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
So sorry to hear that,  Matt a Town legend

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 75
cannylad68
November 10, 2017, 12:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
Matt more than a legend, one of the greats.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 75
friskneymariner
November 10, 2017, 1:01pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Not one of the greats,THE GREATEST.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 75
Les Brechin
November 10, 2017, 1:12pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
There's a BBC item about this on this link where Shearer mentions spending time with Mary and Matt and also mentions another former Mariners favourite Chris Nicholl. Very sad to hear that Matt no longer remembers the great memories he had and gave the supporters.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41902953

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 75
lew chaterleys lover
November 10, 2017, 2:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Matt Tees is my all time favourite player, so it is sad that in old age he has dementia.

If he could remember though, I bet he wouldn't change a thing.

He had a life and career that few people can have, and unfortunately we all get old and poorly, sometimes exacerbated by the profession we choose. My old dad was in a terrible state when before he died with the effects of being a deep sea trawler man, but he said he would go through it all again because he loved it so much, no matter what it brought in later life.

I guess that would be the same with Sir Matt. I hope so.

Private Message
Reply: 5 - 75
KingstonMariner
November 10, 2017, 2:07pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Something to think about the next time we're moaning because no one gets up to head in from a corner.  

If I had to pick out two players for their heading ability at Town over the years I've been watching Tees and Nichol would have been them.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 75
Simariner
November 10, 2017, 2:10pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
Its so sad to see.
I'm going through all of this currently with my dad. Some days he doesn't recognise me and he now struggles to communicate. Dementia has taken control of him so quickly and its pretty hard to see your love ones like this.
I'm not a big fan of Alan Shearer but I support him on everything that he is trying to do and reach out for help and support
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 75
Les Brechin
November 10, 2017, 2:29pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Something to think about the next time we're moaning because no one gets up to head in from a corner.  

If I had to pick out two players for their heading ability at Town over the years I've been watching Tees and Nichol would have been them.

Kev Moore too. Whether that had any link to his later illness that sadly took his life far too early, I don't know.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 75
jock dock tower
November 10, 2017, 2:37pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Could the fans and club not come together to arrange something for Matt? Maybe a Legends game or the like, with players from the 71-2 squad there to maybe help rekindle some meories for a truly great player and a gentleman to boot? Devastated to hear just how bad his condition is.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 75
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Matt Tees

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.