This thread currently has 22,746 views. Print
15 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 All Recommend Thread
MarinersOnTheUp
November 9, 2017, 3:44pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
The article on the telegraph website is an absolute insult. Unbelievable. Who exactly do some people at the club think they are?
I’m sorry but nobody has been bullied into not attending. We stayed away because we refuse to support something the could lead to more damage than good.

Who the hell do people at the club think they are to accuse us of bullying other fans into staying away. Why should we back the checkatrade trophy and the corrupt, incompetent EFL when we’ve made our feelings clear that we don’t want B teams. I’m particularly angry that the club come out with that rubbish, yet it was the club ( John Fenty and the board ) that voted in favour of B teams despite knowing fans didn’t want it. How can fans be accused of bullying other fans into staying away when the club themselves knowingly voted against the fans wishes. Did nobody consider that people stayed away because:

a)  Fans don’t like the format of the competition

b) We don’t want B teams invading our competitions, potentially leading to their introduction to the league system.

c) We dont want to support more nonsense from the EFL

d) There was nothing to play for anyway

e) The football on show is dire

f) As I already mentioned, the club voted in favour of B teams despite knowing GTFC fans didn’t agree with it.

I’m totally fed up of being treated so poorly as a fan by the club I love. Changes needed higher up, asap.

So disappointed.

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/grimsby-town-fans-should-not-749750

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
November 9, 2017, 3:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
its a disgusting article, wraith the PR team and the whole town heirachy should be utterly ashamed of themselves
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 143
grimsby pete
November 9, 2017, 4:03pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
A few posters on here say lets boycott this game and 4,000 are too scared to go,

You could not make it up  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 143
gtfckyle
November 9, 2017, 4:18pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +25
Perhaps the other 4000 or so used their head and can see this competition for what it is rather than being bullied into it, what a load of excrement!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 143
RoboCod
November 9, 2017, 4:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Another low, low point for the club. Not the best journalism either, the reporter should have pressed him on details, and been given some (unnamed) examples at least.
But there weren't any. No picket line outside BP, no banners, no social media 'threats'...what a crock of shite.
A feckless board dismissive of their own assaulted fans pleas for help, phantom bullies and benign loans.
What a board.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 143
headingly_mariner
November 9, 2017, 4:26pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
That's a complete disgrace and an insult to the fans of the football club. Shows those at the club are completely out of touch with the fans. The fans are boycotting a competition that the club voted in favour of. It's clearly not a vocal minority and the club should accept they're wrong and apologise to fans.

This is an attack on fans from the club. Could the trust meet with the club regarding this issue?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 143
ginnywings
November 9, 2017, 5:07pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Still think it's a vocal minority John?

The article mentions that there is no prize money for winning games this season. Same as last season then. If i were you, i would be more worried that in 6 attempts, the players we have at the club can't beat a development side cobbled together with young lads and makeweights.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 143
Vance Warner
November 9, 2017, 5:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +18 / -5
Approval: +2,772
Gold Stars: 99
That article is appalling. The bond with fans that helped us to escape non-league has been picked apart bit by bit. All self inflicted as well. Really sad to see.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 143
realist
November 9, 2017, 5:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,688
Gold Stars: 41
The time has come. Boycott all games until Fenty and his cronies go
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 143
Marinerz93
November 9, 2017, 5:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Steve Wraith, the club's accounts manager, said fans need to make up their own minds about whether they go to such matches or not.

They clearly have steve as numbers prove lowest attendance ever for a professional game.

“It’s all about choice. If you don’t go to the match, make sure it’s your choice or reason and not somebody else’s.

As people have become informed as to what the introduction of B teams in to this competition means for future league ideas, they simply don't like it.

"Don’t be bullied by other people and what they want you to do.

No one has bullied anyone, show proof before you make a poor claim like that.

The truth is Steve, you need to get your hair cut because you can't see what's in front of your face.
1) The fans of all clubs don't want this competition in this current format.
2) The football on offer is poor and has been for most of the season, hooof.
3) Proof again this club dosen't really care about it's fan base, because you are quick to knock Town fans but when it comes to another club strip searching women in public or a female in the males toilets were young boys are peeing the club sits on it's hands and does sweet FA.

I'm not surprised though Steve that you don't get it, didn't you ever wonder why Town fans sung to you were's your caravan every home game as you strolled through the pontoon looking like Worzel Gummidge.

get your hair cut, you're representing the club.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 143
RichMariner
November 9, 2017, 5:46pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
The divide between the fans and the club is wider than the Humber at the minute.

No one at the club has any idea what the fans want. That's because they don't listen to us and, crucially, they don't want to listen to us.

If Steve Wraith had made any attempt to reach out to the fans, read this message board or physically talked to fans on a match day about their feelings towards the trophy competition, he'd have known than none of us had bullied anyone into not going.

But no. He's just thrown an attitude at the whole subject without making the tiniest effort to engage with us.

His attitude is reflective of the club. No effort, no time, no desire to do what's best.

Do as we say, not do as we do.

They just expect us to turn up every week and hand over our hard-earned money, no questions asked.

If GTFC was a traditional business, it would've folded years ago. They leech off our loyalty. They've always relied on our loyalty. And last night was the first time in our ENTIRE HISTORY that our loyal troops seriously turned their back on the club and they hit a massive red panic button.

Last night was entirely the result of THEIR doing, not ours.

I really hope last night marked a turning point - the moment when the club finally listened, and acted on it.

They have a chance to do that, but I'm not holding my breath.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 10 - 143
Rodley Mariner
November 9, 2017, 5:49pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from realist

I do not agree with this but you have intimidated me so I will do it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 143
grimsby pete
November 9, 2017, 5:58pm

Exile
I thought the board decided that John Fenty would be the spokesperson  for the club,

So has  Wraith been bullied into making this statement ?

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 143
MuddyWaters
November 9, 2017, 6:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Another sad low in the PR history of GTFC, John Fenty wheels out the accounts bean counter to spout the club propaganda instead of giving us an account of what he's doing to put right the Stevenage debacle.

Carry on with Sladeball and your continued disdain towards the fan base and you'll find that King George stadium will be big enough.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 143
KingstonMariner
November 9, 2017, 6:05pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Just when you think the club couldn't stoop any lower.

Time for a clear out of the Augean Stables.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 143
lukeo
November 9, 2017, 6:38pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 134
Wow. Just wow. Good job I love my home town and support my home town club through thick and thin. Otherwise I'd be walking the opposite way and never to be seen again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 143
ginnywings
November 9, 2017, 6:43pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 143
Meza
November 9, 2017, 6:45pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,634
Gold Stars: 50
This is exactly the reason for having a trust that represents the fans, who engage with the board, and the board should be engaging to the trust and the trust with the fans.  I know Steve only by playing for his sunday league team and comes across as a good bloke.  I'm a little confused by this, and i would have thought by now they know how the fans feel about this competition.  I know it's clearly a way of trying to attract people but they need to listen to the fans otherwise the fan base could get smaller.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 143
LH
November 9, 2017, 6:48pm

Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Are we finally getting to the point where that noisy minority against the regime are becoming a majority? They’re properly taking the urine out of us now. Are the Trust going to mobilise the fans for a takeover (even a temporary one until a long term buyer can be found) yet or what?
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 143
cmackenzie4
November 9, 2017, 7:04pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

I do not agree with this but you have intimidated me so I will do it.

Brilliant! 👍

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 143
dapperz fun pub
November 9, 2017, 7:04pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Sad to see the contempt the club have for their supporters
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 143
Bigdog
November 9, 2017, 7:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Anyone left that still wants to be generous in spirit to JF on any matter?

It's clear to see where his priority lies. Not running the club for the fans, only running it for himself.

He's turning us into a tinpot joke club.

After Stevenage and now this latest Checkatrade farce, It's not even like it's a lack of respect, it's pure contempt..

The only guaranteed permanent fixture at any club is its fans, we'll just have to stay patient or do something about it.

Bearing in mind how he's engineered his position, maybe the benign loan should be renamed the "bully loan"

Pot and kettle..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 143
LondonMariner43
November 9, 2017, 7:08pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,891
Gold Stars: 64
I fully expect to get slagged off on here but here goes.

For each match in this Cup, there has been a long thread on here with aggressive criticism of anyone who attends.  In one thread, fans wanting to watch were called scabs and this week snakes.  I would call that verbal bullying.

There is a gulf between fans and the club but I'd say it's a much caused by some fans as it is the club.  I always thought being a supporter meant giving support but there is very little support on here.  Just regular and often offensive criticism of players, manager, staff and Board.  It is incessant on here and a nastier atmosphere than when were getting relegated thru the leagues.  

How about getting behind the team??

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 143
headingly_mariner
November 9, 2017, 7:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from LH
Are we finally getting to the point where that noisy minority against the regime are becoming a majority? They’re properly taking the urine out of us now. Are the Trust going to mobilise the fans for a takeover (even a temporary one until a long term buyer can be found) yet or what?

Sack the board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 143
headingly_mariner
November 9, 2017, 7:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from LondonMariner43

For each match in this Cup, there has been a long thread on here with aggressive criticism of anyone who attends.  In one thread, fans wanting to watch were called scabs and this week snakes.  I would call that verbal bullying.

There is a gulf between fans and the club but I'd say it's a much caused by some fans as it is the club.  I always thought being a supporter meant giving support but there is very little support on here.  Just regular and often offensive criticism of players, manager, staff and Board.  It is incessant on here and a nastier atmosphere than when were getting relegated thru the leagues.  

Comments like that were in a very small minority. Do you think that stopped thousands attending?

Personally I'm not attending becuase I feel the competition is wrong and I'm angry that those at the club voted in favour of it. I'm a season ticket holder and have seen Town play at over 100 grounds, am I not a supporter becuase I don't agree with the completion and the way the club have ignored the majority of their fans?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 143
Swansea_Mariner
November 9, 2017, 7:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62
Anyone who thinks almost 3000 people didn't turn up because of some comments on here is delusional.

PEOPLE DIDN'T GO BECAUSE THEY DID NOT WANT TO WATCH WHAT WAS ON OFFER.

The fact we are talking about 3k and not 4k is another issue for another thread.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 143
MuddyWaters
November 9, 2017, 7:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
The sad thing is that Fenty probably thought it was a good idea for the bean counter to spout his rhetoric for him. Sorry, yet another chronic misjudgment, you really don't get it, do you? The fans have had enough excrement to last a lifetime.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 143
LH
November 9, 2017, 7:29pm

Terrible WUM.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 143
LondonMariner43
November 9, 2017, 7:35pm
Champagne Drinker
It's delusional to think that 3k or 4K stayed at home but maybe 1-2k and some of those may be due to posts on here.

Only 2k fans turned up for the testimonial game for one of most loyal and loved players so even without any campaign against it, it's unlikely more than 1.5k would have turned up.  How many did we ever get for the initial games in the Johnson Paint Trophy?

So no I am not delusional.  And I didn't say posters on here influenced everyone to stay away.  I just said I'd read plenty of posts on here that were very clearly verbal bullying.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 143
headingly_mariner
November 9, 2017, 7:43pm

Vodka Drinker
It's delusional to think that 3k or 4K stayed at home but maybe 1-2k and some of those may be due to posts on here.

Only 2k fans turned up for the testimonial game for one of most loyal and loved players so even without any campaign against it, it's unlikely more than 1.5k would have turned up.  How many did we ever get for the initial games in the Johnson Paint Trophy?

So no I am not delusional.  And I didn't say posters on here influenced everyone to stay away.  I just said I'd read plenty of posts on here that were very clearly verbal bullying.

How do you explain the attendance away at Scunny? If the competition wasn't being boycotted we'd have sold out the away end. We've filled the away end there for Lincs cup games.

It's wrenching to stay away from local derbies. Can you just not accept that the overwhelming majority are staying away because they don't agree with it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 143
LondonMariner43
November 9, 2017, 7:47pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner

How do you explain the attendance away at Scunny? If the competition wasn't being boycotted we'd have sold out the away end. We've filled the away end there for Lincs cup games.

It's wrenching to stay away from local derbies. Can you just not accept that the overwhelming majority are staying away because they don't agree with it?

I never disputed that.  My OP simply said that I had read examples of verbal bullying on here.  And I expect some people stayed away for that reason.  I did not say everyone stayed away for that reason and neither did Steve Wraith.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 143
realist
November 9, 2017, 7:51pm
Table Wine Drinker

I never disputed that.  My OP simply said that I had read examples of verbal bullying on here.  And I expect some people stayed away for that reason.  I did not say everyone stayed away for that reason and neither did Steve Wraith.

Surely all the so called bullies would not be attending so what is the problem. If you wanted to go nothing would have happened if you went, maybe a few grumbles of disappointment on here.  This is all a smokescreen
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 143
headingly_mariner
November 9, 2017, 7:54pm

Vodka Drinker

Bullying is about an imbalance of power exerted by one side over the other. That is not the case here. Both yourself and Mr Wraith ignore the main reason that has seen the vast majority of people stay away. You have both chosen to focus on something that could only be an issue for an extreme minority.

It's an attempt to sidestep genuine concerns from loyal and frustrated fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 143
moosey_club
November 9, 2017, 7:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220

So what you are saying is that the handful of pretty anonymous keyboard warriors, posting strong views or aggressive criticism on a website with limited readership, where you actively have to seek membership to converse, effectively prevented 3700 people attending the game ...and also of course they prevented the Sunderland fans coming as only 7 of them turned up too.....WOW....The Fishy really does run everything.

Give your head a non aggressive wobble...

.the fans were orignally directing anger against the EFL on this whole matter....JF has slowly turned  the spotlight on himself at just about every turn since then.....delaying answering which way the club voted in Portugal...excluding the trust and other board members opinions when deciding on that vote, blaming miscommunications if i recall correctly....more rheteric at the fans forum...focussing on the fact the club made money despite any boycott/ ill feeling.....voting it in again this season despite the obvious opposition nationally not just locally and after admitting Harvey had all their pants down last season.....and now a club representative gives an article to the press intimiating fans are bullying each other into not going ....

Here is my idea on what the club should do now given all the furore...
Vote against any future proposal that retains any Under 23 ,  B team, development sides from Premier/ Championship sides
Actively lobby the EFL for the cup to be regionalised
Post a vote of no confidence in the architect of the whole affair.. Mr Harvey
As the club makes money regardless of the attendance then open the gates for free or next seasons version of the competition whatever the format.

Oh and almost forgot ....

JF - admit you and the "yes" board members have underestimated the feelings of the vast slient majority of fans.

Wont hold my breath.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 143
LH
November 9, 2017, 8:01pm

Disappointed that we’re only accused of verbal bullying. I thought we were modern cyber bullies on here.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 143
TAGG
November 9, 2017, 8:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
This just shows to me that that the club off the pitch is rotten (has been for a long while) from top to bottom.

For the club to come out with this latest load of balderdash but not a whisper about the FL findings on the stewarding at Stevenage says everything about Fentys tenure at the head of our club.

The gulf between fans and the club has never been bigger.
This is all down to Fenty and his minions.
If he doesn't intercourse off he will eventually kill the club.

If you read this Wraith I didn't go to these game by choice..

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 143
KingstonMariner
November 9, 2017, 8:08pm
Meths Drinker
Come off it LM43. Most people on here are anonymous. No one really knows who goes to these Checkatrade games (apart from the odd one like Richard Cranium). So how can they be intimidated into not going?

And some people seem to know RC yet he is still happy to go and admit to going. It can't be that intimidating then can it?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 143
MuddyWaters
November 9, 2017, 8:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
The word you're looking for John is 'sorry'. I don't expect to hear it, like I don't expect you to write off the debts/loans that the club has accrued under your watch.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 143
fleabag1970
November 9, 2017, 8:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
That's why I don't go . Fenty out !!!! . Patronising at best

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 143
LondonMariner43
November 9, 2017, 8:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Ah well, shame none of you actually read any of my posts but just look for what you want to find in them.

Hopefully one day this site will have some threads about football which discuss the game rather than slag off fellow fans, players and staff
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 143
LondonMariner43
November 9, 2017, 8:59pm
Champagne Drinker
As someone who has supported the club over 40 years and been posting on here 8 years, I have never known such a poisonous atmosphere.  The club aren't perfect but this has been driven by fans too.  Sad times.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 143
TheRealJohnLewis
November 9, 2017, 9:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
As someone who has supported the club over 40 years and been posting on here 8 years, I have never known such a poisonous atmosphere.  The club aren't perfect but this has been driven by fans too.  Sad times.  

I completely disagree, the poisonous undertone has always been there, with our demise from 2nd tier to non league. However, in non league a bond developed with the players (not board) which hid the ineptitude of our board.  The poison was always there and it reared its headed every time there was a PR gaff. Now with the bond well and truly broken, the board are rightly getting the excrement they deserve.  

This is board driven not fan driven.

Private Message
Reply: 41 - 143
LondonMariner43
November 9, 2017, 9:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

I completely disagree, the poisonous undertone has always been there, with our demise from 2nd tier to non league. However, in non league a bond developed with the players (not board) which hid the ineptitude of our board.  The poison was always there and it reared its headed every time there was a PR gaff. Now with the bond well and truly broken, the board are rightly getting the excrement they deserve.  

This is board driven not fan driven.

I am starting to wish for the day that John Fenty asks for his money back and puts the club into administration.  No doubt the wealthy backer we need who John Fenty won't allow near the club will come along and lead us to the promised land.  I hear Lincoln are doing very nicely, hired great managers and scoring loads of goals at the top of the league.... or maybe the Club will disappear into oblivion.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 143
TheRealJohnLewis
November 9, 2017, 9:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
LM43, what a shite reply, why not challenged me on my views instead of going off on a tangent.  It's got naff all to do with Lincoln.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 143
headingly_mariner
November 9, 2017, 9:25pm

Vodka Drinker

You hope that the major shareholder tries to destroy the club?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 143
grimsby pete
November 9, 2017, 9:26pm

Exile
If Fenty asked for his money back and put us into administration he would not get his money back would he ?

Its a catch 22 situation we are fu cked id he stays and he is fu cked if he goes.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 143
Cambs Mariner
November 9, 2017, 9:29pm
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +1,233
London Mariner. John Fenty has stated numerous times in many different types of media form that he would never recall his loans if it meant placing Grimsby Town FC in administration or suffering financial difficulties. That is a form of contractual agreement with it having been said to the general public.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 143
mariner91
November 9, 2017, 9:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,254
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
LM43, what a shite reply, why not challenged me on my views instead of going off on a tangent.  It's got naff all to do with Lincoln.

What have Lincoln got to do with any of this? Bizarre comment.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 143
TheRealJohnLewis
November 9, 2017, 9:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
If Fenty asked for his money back and put us into administration he would not get his money back would he ?

Its a catch 22 situation we are fu cked id he stays and he is fu cked if he goes.

Wrong Pete, his loans are held over the club, which means he would get whatever the ground is worth and all the other assets, so he will still get some back just not all.

Private Message
Reply: 48 - 143
LondonMariner43
November 9, 2017, 9:30pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner

You hope that the major shareholder tries to destroy the club?

Only because it might take a situation like that for people to realise the current situation is a long way from the disasters some clubs have experienced
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 143
friskneymariner
November 9, 2017, 9:46pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
L M is entitled to his opinion no matter how wrong he is, you have got to say wtf does it take from some people to smell the coffee.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 143
Marinerz93
November 9, 2017, 9:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
You have got to be some kind of special snowflake to feel bullied enough into not going and not posting you were originally going until you never got bullied. Where's the proof, all bullshito coming from the club because it won't admit how wrong it got the decision on this. This stinks of Fentyism, so instead of him putting his comments on the line because he knows he'll get both barrels from fans he puts a minion on a bulls eye to take the fall.

It's all out there now Fenty, female town fans smuggle flares in their snatches and Town fans are bullies, what about the time you broke deconstrcuted some kids flag.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 143
Ipswin
November 9, 2017, 9:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Cambs Mariner
London Mariner. John Fenty has stated numerous times in many different types of media form that he would never recall his loans if it meant placing Grimsby Town FC in administration or suffering financial difficulties. That is a form of contractual agreement with it having been said to the general public.

Oh please! FFS you don't actually believe that do you? (I'll have a pint of whatever you have been drinking) He's made many mistakes but he's not that daft, there is no way he is going to wave goodbye to his cash

As for it forming a contractual agreement as it has been said in public you obviously know fuckall about the workings and truth of any public pronouncements coming out of GTFC

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 143
Cambs Mariner
November 9, 2017, 10:29pm
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +1,233
Ipswine. Although it is usually the wisest option, legally binding contracts do not just apply to contracts set out in writing. Under the eyes of the law verbal contracts are just as legally binding as written contracts. A contract is basically an agreement between two parties, for example, one party supplies a service and the other pays for it. Regardless of whether this contract is set down in writing or verbally it is still a binding contract under law.
In other words GTFC (Fenty) supplies. We the fans pay.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 143
KingstonMariner
November 9, 2017, 10:31pm
Meths Drinker
Ah well, shame none of you actually read any of my posts but just look for what you want to find in them.

Hopefully one day this site will have some threads about football which discuss the game rather than slag off fellow fans, players and staff

If you really believe that no one has actually read any of your posts then you clearly haven't read the replies which directly address the point you made.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 143
MuddyWaters
November 9, 2017, 10:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
If anyone was in any doubt about JFs lack of respect for the fans then today must nail it. To put Steve Wraith up as the spokesman and then expect us to think that he's not being told what to say implies that you think we're as stupid as we are in love with the club
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 143
Meza
November 9, 2017, 10:45pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,634
Gold Stars: 50
when was the last time fans at a town game sang "sack the board" and i dont mean a few dozan but atleast 50%+ of them....was it Furneaux?

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 143
denni266
November 9, 2017, 10:46pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +636
Gold Stars: 129
only  one bully at  this club imo , mr look at me mr fenty,, quicker his loans are paid back the better..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 143
louth_in_the_south
November 9, 2017, 10:48pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
Hi John , it’s steve Harvey here ...

Oh uh uh hi Steve ...

John , why was there only 250 fans there for game last night ? Wtf is going on ? Your clubs making my competition look a fookin joke !!

It wasn’t my fault it was the Fishy’s fault !

WTF are you talking about John ?!!

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 143
FishOutOfWater
November 9, 2017, 11:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
The only advice anyone could have offered Steve Wraith before making such a laughable statement was

GetYourFactsRIght

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 59 - 143
arryarryarry
November 10, 2017, 3:23am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Unfortunately just more bullshit from the club to join that long line of comments coming from GTFC over the past few years.

Especially the bit about giving the young players support when only Clifton started the game and even then he was played out of position at right back.

As for giving squad players a chance to shine and make a claim for the first team a mate who worked at the ground on Wednesday said that Hooper, Matt and Kelly were dreadful although to be fair to Kelly he played left back and apparently Rose wasn't much cop either.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 143
jonnyboy82
November 10, 2017, 7:06am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Steve wraith is bullying me into going.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 143
1mickylyons
November 10, 2017, 7:46am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54

You seem to have ignored the countless replies stating why people haven`t attended.Also the point Moosey makes about free entry in all honesty I doubt it would have added more than about 50 kids to the other night`s attendance.The whole principle of this competition has been ignored by Harvey forgotten by the likes of Fenty who voted for it and even worse people like this idiot Wraith. Any Town fans who go back to 1998 will tell you what this competition should be about and why it was founded. It was so players and fans of lower league teams could get the chance to experience seeing their sides play at the National stadium in a cup competition.More and more good parts of the game are being lost by non football people trying to market influence a sea change when Town played Bournemouth in 98 it was for the players and fans of those 2 Clubs not for anyone else.That`s not misty eyed nostalgia that`s a fact and if that game was repeated this Season nothing would have changed millions of people in the Midlands wouldn't suddenly tune in because Shaun Harvey tells them to. Football died not long after the Premier League started and sadly far few people can see it.The National team nobody is interested just look at the withdrawals for games vs Germany and Brazil this week.The FA Cup most teams field weakened sides from the top 2 divisions it`s lost nearly all it`s prestige.League Cup worse still nobody is interested.Football RIP
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 143
HertsGTFC
November 10, 2017, 8:17am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
What a silly situation, Steve is a decent bloke in my experience but like all "officials" in a one party state they become programmed to the direction of their "Dear Leader" and align to the leaders ideology.

At some point someone needs to step in take responsibility for PR and stop GTFC making tw@ts of themselves.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 143
gytone
November 10, 2017, 10:02am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 7
Do you know what. Dear GTFC, intercourse you  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 143
forza ivano
November 10, 2017, 10:03am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265

you're absolutely right LM - in long threads of maybe 100 posts there were at least 2 or 3 which could be construed as bullying in nature(let's just forget about the other 97% of posts)
those threads were probably read by a couple of hundred people at best, many of whom are exiles, and would be most unlikely to attend any midweek games. so let's say, at most, 200 - 250 gy based fans read the post. You are seriously arguing that all of those fans felt so intimidated that they feared going to BP, so didn't attend? And then what they spread the word and told 15 or 20 of their mates/relatives about how they could be in danger if they, too, went to a Checkatrade match?
as someone else said, give your head a non aggressive wobble.

There were no picket lines, there were no leaflets urging a boycott and having attended games and spoken to other fans i really can't remember any meaningful discussions taking place on checkatrade at matches

i think you may need a bit more to justify your argument than just a couple of aggressive posts on the Fishy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 143
KingstonMariner
November 10, 2017, 10:14am
Meths Drinker
Has Steve been turned into a Ring Wraith? A tool in the hands of the Dark Lord.

One Debt to Rule them all, One Debt to find them
One Debt to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In Humberston where the Shadows lie

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 143
Kris2
November 10, 2017, 10:26am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
Lol I'm sorry but how can anyone at that club talk about bullying? Everything that's happened with the Fishy has been the result of bullying and now we have no freedom to have our own opinions. The only way it's allowed to run or we are allowed to fan representation on the board is if they all fall in line. How many club fan forums demand your personal information just to sign up on request of the club?
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 143
1mickylyons
November 10, 2017, 10:31am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

you're absolutely right LM - in long threads of maybe 100 posts there were at least 2 or 3 which could be construed as bullying in nature(let's just forget about the other 97% of posts)
those threads were probably read by a couple of hundred people at best, many of whom are exiles, and would be most unlikely to attend any midweek games. so let's say, at most, 200 - 250 gy based fans read the post. You are seriously arguing that all of those fans felt so intimidated that they feared going to BP, so didn't attend? And then what they spread the word and told 15 or 20 of their mates/relatives about how they could be in danger if they, too, went to a Checkatrade match?
as someone else said, give your head a non aggressive wobble.

There were no picket lines, there were no leaflets urging a boycott and having attended games and spoken to other fans i really can't remember any meaningful discussions taking place on checkatrade at matches

i think you may need a bit more to justify your argument than just a couple of aggressive posts on the Fishy

The two times Town have made it to the Final I don`t recall anyone getting overly excited til the Northern Final stage the League fixtures were always far more important to the fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 143
friskneymariner
November 10, 2017, 10:33am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
I have never known a club(except for our friends across the water) to constantly alienate its fan base,do you think this will have an effect next July when it is time to renew season tickets.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 143
grimsby pete
November 10, 2017, 10:33am

Exile
Because of bullying  I did not attend the game,

I had paid for my train ticket , paid in advance for dinner for two at Steels and paid for a room at the Humber Royal,

All in all I lost a lot of money but it was either that or the threat of verbal violence from the Fishy,

Mind you I could have gone and not told anybody  

If you believe any of that then you are as daft as Fenty and co think you are.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 143
Ipswin
November 10, 2017, 10:46am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Cambs Mariner
Ipswine. Although it is usually the wisest option, legally binding contracts do not just apply to contracts set out in writing. Under the eyes of the law verbal contracts are just as legally binding as written contracts. A contract is basically an agreement between two parties, for example, one party supplies a service and the other pays for it. Regardless of whether this contract is set down in writing or verbally it is still a binding contract under law.
In other words GTFC (Fenty) supplies. We the fans pay.

You choose to miss my point here (either deliberately or because you are thick)

I don't know if verbal contracts are binding or not (certainly more arguable than written ones that's for sure) and frankly I don't give a sh!t - I leave that to you as a highly qualified civil lawyer

My point is that any promise / undertaking (verbal contract) made by anyone at GTFC is highly unlikely to be honoured if a large amount of cash is involved

Private Message
Reply: 71 - 143
Maringer
November 10, 2017, 11:05am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
I do hope that John was thoughtful enough to apply a healthy dollop of vaseline before he began his puppetry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 143
Civvy at last
November 10, 2017, 11:25am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.05
Rep Score: +36 / -13
Approval: +12,200
Gold Stars: 131
Quoted from Maringer
I do hope that John was thoughtful enough to apply a healthy dollop of vaseline before he began his puppetry.

I think he still had some left over from his meeting with Shaun Harvey  

The wife was going away for a girly weekend.
I jokingly remarked  'I don't know whether to spend it watching porn or watching football'
'you may as well spend it watching porn' she replied
That's understanding darling what makes you say that? I asked

She said 'Well you already know how to play football'  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 143
Ipswin
November 10, 2017, 12:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

I had paid for my train ticket , paid in advance for dinner for two at Steels and paid for a room at the Humber Royal,

All in all I lost a lot of money but it was either that or the threat of verbal violence from the Fishy,

Wraith has got nowt to moan about. Thanks to the bullies on here I missed that intimate meal for two that you had planned for us at Steeles Pete and that nice double room at the Humber Royal for later - hope they are satisfied!

Private Message
Reply: 74 - 143
grimsby pete
November 10, 2017, 12:44pm

Exile
Quoted from Ipswin

Wraith has got nowt to moan about. Thanks to the bullies on here I missed that intimate meal for two that you had planned for us at Steeles Pete and that nice double room at the Humber Royal for later - hope they are satisfied!

We will have to make do with our usual Friday night in downtown Ipswich mate

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 143
Ipswin
November 10, 2017, 12:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

We will have to make do with our usual Friday night in downtown Ipswich mate

I'll buy the fish and chips but you can forget the hotel room!  

Private Message
Reply: 76 - 143
grimsby pete
November 10, 2017, 12:57pm

Exile
Quoted from Ipswin

I'll buy the fish and chips but you can forget the hotel room!  

I was going to say forget the fish + chips and straight to the hotel.  

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 143
grimsby pete
November 10, 2017, 1:01pm

Exile
Disclaimer

Under no circumstance am I referring that Ipswin or myself are gay,

We are just twO miserable old gits that have the misfortune to live in Suffolk and support Grimsby Town FC.  

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 143
forza ivano
November 10, 2017, 1:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
just a quick thought on the bullying.

would it be safe to say that an employer would be bullying an employee, if said employee was forced to make erroneous statements to the press by their employer, knowing full well the satements  were untruthful?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 143
grimsby pete
November 10, 2017, 1:09pm

Exile
Quoted from forza ivano

would it be safe to say that an employer would be bullying an employee, if said employee was forced to make erroneous statements to the press by their employer, knowing full well the satements  were untruthful?

Yes

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 143
TheCodfather1966
November 10, 2017, 1:57pm
Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
As a football club, Grimsby Town from head to foot is a total disgrace.  The club is run like a dictatorship, with no regard to the fans whatsoever under the reign of Fenty.  Steve Wraith is merely a puppet giving an interview where he is told what to say.  The football club is run awful, as is the club shop and ticket office.  If I wasn't such a loyal fan, I would have packed in supporting this club approximately 15 years ago.  We the fans have always been treated like dirt at this club, always criticised on voicing any opinion on the shocking way the club has been run for the past decade and more.  We are housed in a truly awful stadium, where the club cannot even be bothered to keep the toliets clean and provide the very basic of facilities.  The only real asset that this club has , is THE FANS, who in my opinion are second to none.  A fact also not lost on other sets of fans across the country as well.  Slowly but surely the fan base is dwindling and the next couple of seasons could be pivotal in the future of Grimsby.  Unless the club start to show some commitment, effort and have a better attitude, fans will talk with their feet.  Enough is enough, if things don't start to improve on and off the field, I cannot see myself getting a season ticket in the 2018-2019 season.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 143
KingstonMariner
November 10, 2017, 2:01pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

You'll be getting the Fishy closed down again with remarks like that.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 143
GrimRob
November 10, 2017, 2:44pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
The "Fishy Five" must be very effective bullies.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 83 - 143
grimsby pete
November 10, 2017, 2:59pm

Exile
Quoted from GrimRob

Honest answer please Rob,

Was you bullied into closing down the old Fishy ?

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 143
RoboCod
November 10, 2017, 2:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

Did cross my mind. Before you even get to that point though, consider how wrong (and inneffective it is) to have the bloke in the office to make this statement. It's an embarrassment, and more than anyhting could make Mr Wraiths job a little uncomfortable, the first rule in business when it comes to making awkward statements is to deliver it from some faceless employee behind the scenes, not from someone in the firing line who faces fans on a daily basis.

#getyourfactswrong

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 143
GrimRob
November 10, 2017, 3:20pm

Quoted from grimsby pete

Not really, it was my decision. There was never any request or expectation to close the site down.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 86 - 143
grimsby pete
November 10, 2017, 3:38pm

Exile
Quoted from GrimRob

Not really, it was my decision. There was never any request or expectation to close the site down.

Thanks Rob if you were bullied I was just about to ring my friend.  

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 143
Gaffer58
November 10, 2017, 4:45pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
Soon be Xmas and "getyourfactsright" can invite Shaun Harvey round for dinner and discuss how successful their management style is. The only problem they can see is those bloody supporters.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 143
MarinersOnTheUp
November 10, 2017, 4:53pm
Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
Can we have some chants of ‘Fenty Out’ ‘Sack the Board’ next home game?

I’m not talking about a few people shouting it once, I’m talking about the whole ground calling for change.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 143
MuddyWaters
November 10, 2017, 5:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
The Mike Parker shares issue was the perfect example of someone using power and threats to bully. Enough said.
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 143
moosey_club
November 10, 2017, 5:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MarinersOnTheUp

I’m not talking about a few people shouting it once, I’m talking about the whole ground calling for change.

Quite demanding.....a little aggressive.....that would be harrassment..........tantamount to bullying......  

If re phrased however it would be fine..

" i would like the majority shareholder to step down from his current position " ... bit hard to turn into a chant admittedly  

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 143
Maringer
November 10, 2017, 5:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
We'll be too busy cheering the goals going in to have the time to chant anything against the owners of the club.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 143
Marinerz93
November 10, 2017, 5:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

Closing down the fishy was the best way Rob could resolve certain issues and it could cause issues again if Rob were to reveal the whys and wherefores, best leave it be, we are back again thanks to Robs hard work

Private Message
Reply: 93 - 143
Marinerz93
November 10, 2017, 5:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob

Did he ever name the fishy five, do the fishy five meet in secret to plot the downfall of Emperor Fenty.

Private Message
Reply: 94 - 143
Civvy at last
November 10, 2017, 5:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

Did he ever name the fishy five, do the fishy five meet in secret to plot the downfall of Emperor Fenty.

You clearly don’t know the first rule of the ‘Fishy Five Club’ !  

I jokingly remarked  'I don't know whether to spend it watching porn or watching football'

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 143
lukeo
November 10, 2017, 5:41pm
Season Ticket Holder
The fishy five Skype call obviously  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 143
lukeo
November 10, 2017, 5:46pm
Season Ticket Holder
I'm not sure about chants but a good idea, which I see a few foreign clubs do which I think looks great and gets the international recognition through social media is get some banners. Such as 'football is nothing without fans' for example. Try not to be to negative because it can have a bad effect on players, I think banners and things hinting at you know what, to you know who. But aren't clearly directed that way is the best way to go around it sensibly without making this situation a more poisones one.
Just my opinion ofcourse
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 143
Swansea_Mariner
November 10, 2017, 5:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62
This whole debarkle make me quite sad. Bullying is a really serious issue and this demeans all those who suffer from it.

If anyone truly feels that they feel threatened into not attending games because of anything written on here I really hope they would feel able to raise the issue with Rob or one of the other admins and then appropriate action can take place.

I hope and suspect this is not the case. I have always enjoyed reading and posting on here and have always found it one of the most welcoming online communities I am part of.

The fishy is a great place I'd hate to lose it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 143
Badger57
November 10, 2017, 5:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,902
Gold Stars: 30
If anyone on the Fishy feels bullied by the Fishy Five or anyone else on here for that matter they shouldn't be here in the first place. It's a forum, it's a Grimsby Town fans forum which means there will be on occasion, hot headed arguments fuelled by defeats, alcohol, disagreements and plain old healthy debate. Deal with it.
Bullied MY bottom!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 143
MuddyWaters
November 10, 2017, 6:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I never knew who the Fishy 5 were supposed to be. If it's those who were invited to an audience at the Court of King John, then I plead guilty m'lud, but I've never considered myself as a member of a closet Fenty out group.  Having said all that, he won't find me standing in the way.
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 143
lukeo
November 10, 2017, 6:16pm
Season Ticket Holder
When I was younger I felt 'picked on' on the grim outlook. I just stopped posting and waited until  I was a bit more mature and made sense in what I post....

So yeah I still haven't gone back yet.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 143
Bigdog
November 10, 2017, 6:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from MarinersOnTheUp

Or maybe the Spanish way of showing disgust to the directors box? The white handkerchief / Ponny bog roll (edit) treatment?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 143
grimsby pete
November 10, 2017, 6:31pm

Exile
Quoted from Bigdog

Or maybe the Spanish way of showing disgust to the directors box? The white handkerchief treatment?

One way to spread our germs about  :

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 143
Garth
November 10, 2017, 7:01pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from Bigdog

Or maybe the Spanish way of showing disgust to the directors box? The white handkerchief treatment?

Not that posh, would a shiny coat sleeve be alright?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 143
rancido
November 10, 2017, 7:57pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 92
Quoted from Badger57
If anyone on the Fishy feels bullied by the Fishy Five or anyone else on here for that matter they shouldn't be here in the first place. It's a forum, it's a Grimsby Town fans forum which means there will be on occasion, hot headed arguments fuelled by defeats, alcohol, disagreements and plain old healthy debate. Deal with it.
Bullied MY bottom!

But there is a world of difference between healthy debate/ hot-headed arguments and ridiculing/insulting/demeaning somebody who doesn't agree with your point of view.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 143
grimsby pete
November 10, 2017, 8:05pm

Exile
I think my wife bullies me but I do not broadcast it.

OOPS !!!!!!!!

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 143
ginnywings
November 10, 2017, 8:35pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I never knew who the Fishy 5 were supposed to be. If it's those who were invited to an audience at the Court of King John, then I plead guilty m'lud, but I've never considered myself as a member of a closet Fenty out group.  Having said all that, he won't find me standing in the way.

If that's the case, then i am also guilty, although it never occurred to me until this post.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 143
Hagrid
November 10, 2017, 8:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
The fishy 5 thats brilliant😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 143
GrimRob
November 10, 2017, 8:47pm

Quoted from MuddyWaters

They wear shirts a bit like these

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 109 - 143
ginnywings
November 10, 2017, 8:49pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Can't be me then, i'd never fit in that shirt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 143
LH
November 10, 2017, 8:51pm

My guess at the fishy 5 would be: Spoony, MaccaBilk, Fat Cobra, aaron rattray and grimsby pete.
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 143
ginnywings
November 10, 2017, 9:00pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Whatever happened to Spoony i wonder?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 143
grimsby pete
November 10, 2017, 9:06pm

Exile
Quoted from LH
My guess at the fishy 5 would be: Spoony, MaccaBilk, Fat Cobra, aaron rattray and grimsby pete.

Well he did give me his mobile number

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 143
YourResidentPsychopath
November 10, 2017, 9:23pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: -5
When does the bullying start? I've been on the forum as a newbe for a couple hours and all I've had so far is banter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 143
realist
November 10, 2017, 9:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
That is what you think. Hidden in the jovial banter there are dark undertones and threats of bodily harm if you attend unapproved matches. Only staff of GTFC have been trained to see them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 143
Marinerz93
November 10, 2017, 10:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
When does the bullying start? I've been on the forum as a newbe for a couple hours and all I've had so far is banter.

That's because you are not a special snowflake or part of Fenty's inner circle.

Private Message
Reply: 116 - 143
moosey_club
November 10, 2017, 11:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
no expert but i would think that as you have to actively seek out, become a member, switch on, login , actively post something with whatever degree of anominity you choose, have the opportunity to block any poster (who are also relatively anonymous) you dont get along with .....then with all those hurdles , surely being bullied on here is a result of you actually wanting to be bullied ?!?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 143
grimsby pete
November 11, 2017, 12:25pm

Exile

I think the bit were you said you are 6ft 4in  makes you safe from the bullies,

Whoever they are

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 143
Marinerz93
November 11, 2017, 5:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I was invited but not allowed to put on here what was said, so am I one of the fishy 5? He also called some of the fishy many Fenty bathers but he could have been typing faster than he could think, obviously he didn't think, once, twice or thrice before posting so fell foul of his own rules.

Private Message
Reply: 119 - 143
dapperz fun pub
November 11, 2017, 5:43pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

I was invited but not allowed to put on here what was said, so am I one of the fishy 5? He also called some of the fishy many Fenty bathers but he could have been typing faster than he could think, obviously he didn't think, once, twice or thrice before posting so fell foul of his own rules.

Are you allowed now to post what was said ?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 143
Marinerz93
November 11, 2017, 5:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Are you allowed now to post what was said ?

There was no point in going if I couldn't report back, it was about MP shares fiasco.

Private Message
Reply: 121 - 143
MuddyWaters
November 11, 2017, 5:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

There was no point in going if I couldn't report back, it was about MP shares fiasco.

Remind me, didn't someone use bully-like tactics then?
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 143
Marinerz93
November 11, 2017, 5:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Remind me, didn't someone use bully-like tactics then?

Having to comply isn't bullying  

Private Message
Reply: 123 - 143
Quagmire
November 11, 2017, 6:06pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +929
Gold Stars: 43
Would snapping a child’s flag in front of him be construed as bullying?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 143
diehardmariner
November 11, 2017, 6:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,091
Gold Stars: 520
It feels like everything the club says or does, especially over the last year or so, makes me fall out of love with the club that little bit more.

Thanks, John. Thanks a lot.
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 143
dapperz fun pub
November 11, 2017, 7:31pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Quagmire

One of his top ten finest moments .. for me though I always looked forward to the radio hull rants particulary at burnsy
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 143
MuddyWaters
November 11, 2017, 7:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I sometimes wonder what we (the fans) have done to deserve this crap. Flags, flares, flasks, Stevenage, Checkatrade etc, Hope Powell, Newell, Radio Hull, Nigel Lowther, Devon, there must be more
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 143
Civvy at last
November 12, 2017, 6:42am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Quagmire

Not if the child had been asked/warned several times not to wave it in from of people’s faces. Not if his parents sat with him knew tensions were mounting and several people were getting severely peed off, but thought it amusing. I think this must be one of the very few times I have stuck up for JF, but I was a few yards away and I applauded. Had the little sh1t concerned been sat in front of me, the flag would no longer be visible and he certainly would have to remain standing in the ambulance all the way to A+E.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 143
November 12, 2017, 7:17am
Guest User
Quoted from realist

I took that decision a long time ago.
Reply: 129 - 143
November 12, 2017, 7:25am
Guest User
Is threatening to sell the club's best player and withdrawing funding unless the trust 'gifts' its shares considered bullying?  Just thought I'd ask.
Reply: 130 - 143
Mrs Doyle
November 12, 2017, 8:18am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from LH

lol flipping hell it could be a new ladybird best seller for chrimbo.

FIVE GO TO BLUNDELL PARK  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 143
jonnyboy82
November 12, 2017, 11:04am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Lets be honest  even if it weren't a joke of a competition doubt many would go with the drivel we serve up atm.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 143
bluerose13x
November 12, 2017, 8:12pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
I have failed to go to go these checkatrade matches at my own personal choice at the abhorrent decision to include under 21s teams. I have not shared my views on under 21s teams on this forum or personally pressurised anyone face to face into not attending yet I feel I've been branded either a bully or too intimidated to attend.

People can deny in the press my reasoning for finding the decision to include under 21 teams abhorrent that's it's an another small step on the way to include full "b" teams in the EFL - which in my view it is deffo a step from the powers that be in that direction. Yet I'm branded a bully for forming my own opinion and keeping it to myself or being scared to attend.

In the 1980's big clubs took away shared gate recipts at thier home matches.
In the 1990's big clubs took away equally shared tv money across all 4 divs.
Now in the 2010's they are coming for our places in the league.

No no no no no No No No NO NO NO

The line has to be drawn here, this far, no further.

Why did our club vote for allowing under 21's into this completion? I would suggest it was for the short term reward of increased prize money offered from the bigger players rather than look at the bigger picture of the long term goal of this project of many small steps towards getting fully fledged B teams into the EFL.

B teams in EFL is unquestionably in my opinion the long term goal of the men/man in charge. B teams will destroy football as we know it. I'm not going to have it.

But have I gone mouthing off on this forum? No. Bullying anyone who I've spoken to in person? No.

Yet I'm branded a bully for sticking to my own opinion and principles and not attending any of these so called 1st team matches. Complete and utter contempt for me and my opinion from the club.

The club have said its only a "vocal minority" that's aginst this format. Absolutly wrong. It's the silent majority. And this member of silent majority is standing and speaking up for the 1st time. If the club wants short term increased prize money rather than long term stability and respecting the fans by voting against b teams by the back door, that's fine but DON'T THEN GO BLAMING THE FANS FOR SEEING STRAIGHT THRU YOU AND ACCUSING THEM AS BULLIES.

TOTALLY AND UTTERLY DISGUSTING.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 143
HackneyHaddock
November 12, 2017, 8:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
This is all very sad, and the worst thing is that many of these things are nothing to do with money or resources.

It doesn't cost any money to say after the Stevenage cover-up "We're appalled by the treatment of our fans and will be pressing for further answers, while making sure we offer Stevenage fans a warm and friendly welcome at Blundell Park as all supporters should expect instead of being treated like criminals"

It doesn't cost any money to say "It really hurts for a football club with our history to be getting 250 for a Senior First team game.  If proof were needed that the fans have voted against the B-team format with their feet and wallets, this is it.  We supported the format in order to test it out and because of the financial assurance, but the experiment hasn't worked and we'll be telling the FL as much."

The people at the top of the club just need to either get some emotional intelligence, or if that's too much for them, to just think for a minute before opening their mouths, reaching for their keyboards or going to the media.  Long term, they really need to work on their engagement strategy, because at the moment it looks like they've been taking advice from Gerald Ratner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 143
1mickylyons
November 13, 2017, 8:19am
Special Brew Drinker
You only need to look at how Season ticket sales are marketed year after year at BP to see why this Club gets nowhere Lincoln City have shown exactly what can happen when you put some work in off the field and engage the fans.They have pretty much quadrupled their home fan base and doubled ours on the back of 18 months hard work.I find that hard to swallow when Arnold`s shot hit the back of the net Town could and should have done what Lincoln have.The Club failed to capatilise in 98 and weve repeated the same mistake our marketing team have not got a clue on and off the field we are a bloody shambles.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 143
RoboCod
November 13, 2017, 8:43am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons
You only need to look at how Season ticket sales are marketed year after year at BP to see why this Club gets nowhere Lincoln City have shown exactly what can happen when you put some work in off the field and engage the fans.They have pretty much quadrupled their home fan base and doubled ours on the back of 18 months hard work.I find that hard to swallow when Arnold`s shot hit the back of the net Town could and should have done what Lincoln have.The Club failed to capatilise in 98 and weve repeated the same mistake our marketing team have not got a clue on and off the field we are a bloody shambles.

Wasn't it just 5 or 6 years ago that Fenty was giving advice to Lincolns clueless Chairman? (They promptly dropped out of the League and joined us)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 143
1mickylyons
November 13, 2017, 9:08am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from RoboCod

Wasn't it just 5 or 6 years ago that Fenty was giving advice to Lincolns clueless Chairman? (They promptly dropped out of the League and joined us)

It`s just a gift he has........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 143
Marinerz93
November 13, 2017, 9:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from RoboCod

Yes, claiming not to let poisonous fans drag the club down, little did Lincoln know that Fenty was the one with his lead weights of benign debt dragging this once great club into the abyss.

Private Message
Reply: 138 - 143
1mickylyons
November 13, 2017, 9:12am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

Yes, claiming not to let poisonous fans drag the club down, little did Lincoln know that Fenty was the one with his lead weights of benign debt dragging this once great club into the abyss.

I think he should be giving advice to Scunny and Hull now they need to take a turn.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 143
Marinerz93
November 13, 2017, 9:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I think he should be giving advice to Scunny and Hull now they need to take a turn.

long over due advice for sure

Private Message
Reply: 140 - 143
moosey_club
November 13, 2017, 3:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Oh no no no...Hull are doing very well under their own steam thank you.....dont rock their sinking boat any further or the current owners might just be forced out before they seal another relegation.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 143
Squarkus
November 13, 2017, 8:22pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from grimsby pete

Humber Royal says it all.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 143
1mickylyons
November 14, 2017, 7:07am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Squarkus

I think it`s fairly clear Fenty and Co don`t think about the fans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 143
15 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.