Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › We’re all bullies...
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 18 Guests

We’re all bullies...

This thread currently has 22,870 views. Print
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
LondonMariner43
November 9, 2017, 7:47pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from headingly_mariner

How do you explain the attendance away at Scunny? If the competition wasn't being boycotted we'd have sold out the away end. We've filled the away end there for Lincs cup games.

It's wrenching to stay away from local derbies. Can you just not accept that the overwhelming majority are staying away because they don't agree with it?

I never disputed that.  My OP simply said that I had read examples of verbal bullying on here.  And I expect some people stayed away for that reason.  I did not say everyone stayed away for that reason and neither did Steve Wraith.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 143
realist
November 9, 2017, 7:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from LondonMariner43

I never disputed that.  My OP simply said that I had read examples of verbal bullying on here.  And I expect some people stayed away for that reason.  I did not say everyone stayed away for that reason and neither did Steve Wraith.

Surely all the so called bullies would not be attending so what is the problem. If you wanted to go nothing would have happened if you went, maybe a few grumbles of disappointment on here.  This is all a smokescreen
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 143
headingly_mariner
November 9, 2017, 7:54pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113

Bullying is about an imbalance of power exerted by one side over the other. That is not the case here. Both yourself and Mr Wraith ignore the main reason that has seen the vast majority of people stay away. You have both chosen to focus on something that could only be an issue for an extreme minority.

It's an attempt to sidestep genuine concerns from loyal and frustrated fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 143
moosey_club
November 9, 2017, 7:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,213
Gold Stars: 226
I fully expect to get slagged off on here but here goes.

For each match in this Cup, there has been a long thread on here with aggressive criticism of anyone who attends.  In one thread, fans wanting to watch were called scabs and this week snakes.  I would call that verbal bullying.

There is a gulf between fans and the club but I'd say it's a much caused by some fans as it is the club.  I always thought being a supporter meant giving support but there is very little support on here.  Just regular and often offensive criticism of players, manager, staff and Board.  It is incessant on here and a nastier atmosphere than when were getting relegated thru the leagues.  

How about getting behind the team??

So what you are saying is that the handful of pretty anonymous keyboard warriors, posting strong views or aggressive criticism on a website with limited readership, where you actively have to seek membership to converse, effectively prevented 3700 people attending the game ...and also of course they prevented the Sunderland fans coming as only 7 of them turned up too.....WOW....The Fishy really does run everything.

Give your head a non aggressive wobble...

.the fans were orignally directing anger against the EFL on this whole matter....JF has slowly turned  the spotlight on himself at just about every turn since then.....delaying answering which way the club voted in Portugal...excluding the trust and other board members opinions when deciding on that vote, blaming miscommunications if i recall correctly....more rheteric at the fans forum...focussing on the fact the club made money despite any boycott/ ill feeling.....voting it in again this season despite the obvious opposition nationally not just locally and after admitting Harvey had all their pants down last season.....and now a club representative gives an article to the press intimiating fans are bullying each other into not going ....

Here is my idea on what the club should do now given all the furore...
Vote against any future proposal that retains any Under 23 ,  B team, development sides from Premier/ Championship sides
Actively lobby the EFL for the cup to be regionalised
Post a vote of no confidence in the architect of the whole affair.. Mr Harvey
As the club makes money regardless of the attendance then open the gates for free or next seasons version of the competition whatever the format.

Oh and almost forgot ....

JF - admit you and the "yes" board members have underestimated the feelings of the vast slient majority of fans.

Wont hold my breath.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 143
LH
November 9, 2017, 8:01pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,457
Gold Stars: 172
Disappointed that we’re only accused of verbal bullying. I thought we were modern cyber bullies on here.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 143
TAGG
November 9, 2017, 8:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,961
Gold Stars: 124
This just shows to me that that the club off the pitch is rotten (has been for a long while) from top to bottom.

For the club to come out with this latest load of balderdash but not a whisper about the FL findings on the stewarding at Stevenage says everything about Fentys tenure at the head of our club.

The gulf between fans and the club has never been bigger.
This is all down to Fenty and his minions.
If he doesn't intercourse off he will eventually kill the club.

If you read this Wraith I didn't go to these game by choice..

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 143
KingstonMariner
November 9, 2017, 8:08pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Come off it LM43. Most people on here are anonymous. No one really knows who goes to these Checkatrade games (apart from the odd one like Richard Cranium). So how can they be intimidated into not going?

And some people seem to know RC yet he is still happy to go and admit to going. It can't be that intimidating then can it?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 143
MuddyWaters
November 9, 2017, 8:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
The word you're looking for John is 'sorry'. I don't expect to hear it, like I don't expect you to write off the debts/loans that the club has accrued under your watch.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 143
fleabag1970
November 9, 2017, 8:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
That's why I don't go . Fenty out !!!! . Patronising at best

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 143
LondonMariner43
November 9, 2017, 8:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
Ah well, shame none of you actually read any of my posts but just look for what you want to find in them.

Hopefully one day this site will have some threads about football which discuss the game rather than slag off fellow fans, players and staff
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 143
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › We’re all bullies...

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.