Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › We’re all bullies...
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 13 Guests

We’re all bullies...

This thread currently has 22,738 views. Print
15 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
November 12, 2017, 7:25am
Guest User
Is threatening to sell the club's best player and withdrawing funding unless the trust 'gifts' its shares considered bullying?  Just thought I'd ask.
Reply: 130 - 143
Mrs Doyle
November 12, 2017, 8:18am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from LH
My guess at the fishy 5 would be: Spoony, MaccaBilk, Fat Cobra, aaron rattray and grimsby pete.

lol flipping hell it could be a new ladybird best seller for chrimbo.

FIVE GO TO BLUNDELL PARK  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 143
jonnyboy82
November 12, 2017, 11:04am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Lets be honest  even if it weren't a joke of a competition doubt many would go with the drivel we serve up atm.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 143
bluerose13x
November 12, 2017, 8:12pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
I have failed to go to go these checkatrade matches at my own personal choice at the abhorrent decision to include under 21s teams. I have not shared my views on under 21s teams on this forum or personally pressurised anyone face to face into not attending yet I feel I've been branded either a bully or too intimidated to attend.

People can deny in the press my reasoning for finding the decision to include under 21 teams abhorrent that's it's an another small step on the way to include full "b" teams in the EFL - which in my view it is deffo a step from the powers that be in that direction. Yet I'm branded a bully for forming my own opinion and keeping it to myself or being scared to attend.

In the 1980's big clubs took away shared gate recipts at thier home matches.
In the 1990's big clubs took away equally shared tv money across all 4 divs.
Now in the 2010's they are coming for our places in the league.

No no no no no No No No NO NO NO

The line has to be drawn here, this far, no further.

Why did our club vote for allowing under 21's into this completion? I would suggest it was for the short term reward of increased prize money offered from the bigger players rather than look at the bigger picture of the long term goal of this project of many small steps towards getting fully fledged B teams into the EFL.

B teams in EFL is unquestionably in my opinion the long term goal of the men/man in charge. B teams will destroy football as we know it. I'm not going to have it.

But have I gone mouthing off on this forum? No. Bullying anyone who I've spoken to in person? No.

Yet I'm branded a bully for sticking to my own opinion and principles and not attending any of these so called 1st team matches. Complete and utter contempt for me and my opinion from the club.

The club have said its only a "vocal minority" that's aginst this format. Absolutly wrong. It's the silent majority. And this member of silent majority is standing and speaking up for the 1st time. If the club wants short term increased prize money rather than long term stability and respecting the fans by voting against b teams by the back door, that's fine but DON'T THEN GO BLAMING THE FANS FOR SEEING STRAIGHT THRU YOU AND ACCUSING THEM AS BULLIES.

TOTALLY AND UTTERLY DISGUSTING.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 143
HackneyHaddock
November 12, 2017, 8:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
This is all very sad, and the worst thing is that many of these things are nothing to do with money or resources.

It doesn't cost any money to say after the Stevenage cover-up "We're appalled by the treatment of our fans and will be pressing for further answers, while making sure we offer Stevenage fans a warm and friendly welcome at Blundell Park as all supporters should expect instead of being treated like criminals"

It doesn't cost any money to say "It really hurts for a football club with our history to be getting 250 for a Senior First team game.  If proof were needed that the fans have voted against the B-team format with their feet and wallets, this is it.  We supported the format in order to test it out and because of the financial assurance, but the experiment hasn't worked and we'll be telling the FL as much."

The people at the top of the club just need to either get some emotional intelligence, or if that's too much for them, to just think for a minute before opening their mouths, reaching for their keyboards or going to the media.  Long term, they really need to work on their engagement strategy, because at the moment it looks like they've been taking advice from Gerald Ratner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 143
1mickylyons
November 13, 2017, 8:19am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,257
Gold Stars: 54
You only need to look at how Season ticket sales are marketed year after year at BP to see why this Club gets nowhere Lincoln City have shown exactly what can happen when you put some work in off the field and engage the fans.They have pretty much quadrupled their home fan base and doubled ours on the back of 18 months hard work.I find that hard to swallow when Arnold`s shot hit the back of the net Town could and should have done what Lincoln have.The Club failed to capatilise in 98 and weve repeated the same mistake our marketing team have not got a clue on and off the field we are a bloody shambles.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 143
RoboCod
November 13, 2017, 8:43am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from 1mickylyons
You only need to look at how Season ticket sales are marketed year after year at BP to see why this Club gets nowhere Lincoln City have shown exactly what can happen when you put some work in off the field and engage the fans.They have pretty much quadrupled their home fan base and doubled ours on the back of 18 months hard work.I find that hard to swallow when Arnold`s shot hit the back of the net Town could and should have done what Lincoln have.The Club failed to capatilise in 98 and weve repeated the same mistake our marketing team have not got a clue on and off the field we are a bloody shambles.

Wasn't it just 5 or 6 years ago that Fenty was giving advice to Lincolns clueless Chairman? (They promptly dropped out of the League and joined us)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 143
1mickylyons
November 13, 2017, 9:08am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from RoboCod

Wasn't it just 5 or 6 years ago that Fenty was giving advice to Lincolns clueless Chairman? (They promptly dropped out of the League and joined us)

It`s just a gift he has........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 143
Marinerz93
November 13, 2017, 9:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from RoboCod

Yes, claiming not to let poisonous fans drag the club down, little did Lincoln know that Fenty was the one with his lead weights of benign debt dragging this once great club into the abyss.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 143
1mickylyons
November 13, 2017, 9:12am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

Yes, claiming not to let poisonous fans drag the club down, little did Lincoln know that Fenty was the one with his lead weights of benign debt dragging this once great club into the abyss.

I think he should be giving advice to Scunny and Hull now they need to take a turn.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 143
15 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › We’re all bullies...

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.