2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Gaffer58
November 5, 2017, 8:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
I was just wondering if Slade missed a trick with yesterday's team selection, as it's the chekaturd cup on Wednesday and that team must be a majority of the previous team, if Slade had picked those players who are either bench warmers or just fiddling their thumbs yesterday than those same players could then play against Sunderland, not risking his chosen ones and keeping within the rules.
Logged Offline
Private Message
sonofmadeleymariner
November 5, 2017, 8:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Gaffer58
I was just wondering if Slade missed a trick with yesterday's team selection, as it's the chekaturd cup on Wednesday and that team must be a majority of the previous team, if Slade had picked those players who are either bench warmers or just fiddling their thumbs yesterday than those same players could then play against Sunderland, not risking his chosen ones and keeping within the rules.

Didn't they change this rule at the last meeting on a very hot island off the coast of Spain after all the complaints from Managers? I don't blame Slade for playing "his first team" on Saturday though, I would hate to be one of those clubs who play their reserves in the FA cup.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
Madeleymariner
November 5, 2017, 9:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Wish he had played some of his reserves
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 16
GrimRob
November 5, 2017, 10:02pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Gaffer58

Why would he throw the game just to rest a few players? It's not as though we are doing much in the league a cup run would have been a nice distraction.

I thought the rules were the team either had to have half a dozen players from the last game or half a dozen would have to be in the next game (one or the other). So if he really wants to rest or make changes he has plenty of scope for both. Even Bignot never made five unenforced changes?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 16
Abdul19
November 6, 2017, 7:52am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
I think he made 10 changes for the Scunny game so I'd expect the same again.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
grimsby pete
November 6, 2017, 12:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
He could have and he did say there would be a couple of changes then went with the same team,

I do not think he has to play mind games at our level do you ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 16
Gaffer58
November 6, 2017, 4:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Is Slade clever enough to play mind games? Also on team selection I could name Saturday's starting 11 now, the same as the last game, and the one before that. We have a squad of about 30 players, 2/3 are out on lone and 2/3 are injured, that leaves about 24/25 players available but there must be 10 who know that no matter how hard they train, or perform in the Chekturd they will not get a game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
LondonMariner43
November 6, 2017, 7:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,942
Gold Stars: 64
Earlier in the season he was criticized for making changes and not knowing his preferred starting 11.  Now he is criticized for not making changes.  Who'd be a manager?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
Mendonca1995
November 6, 2017, 8:21pm
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
We can’t score make some changes and drop your favourites that are doing nothing week in week out whilst we sit and watch boring non football being played fans are gettin impatient watching this defensive negativity Especially at home barring dembele or jones who have we got who can score goals or make something happen ???

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
Skrill
November 6, 2017, 8:26pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
Give Ahkeem Rose a go

[tweet]316134373063806976[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team Selection

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.