arryarryarry
October 28, 2017, 4:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Hagrid
How we playing? Missed the game today, we creating much?

The second half has been absolute excrement
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 38
TAGG
October 28, 2017, 5:16pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Grimbiggs
TAGG you think this is excrement you haven't been to Blundell park much this season!...I didn't say that Slade was the answer i was just comparing today against previous home performances...Dembele has been by far the best player....engage your brain before spouting utter rubbish...UTM

Sounds like your saying that im inferring that Dembeli is excrement.
Well im not, yes hes had a good game but if running  about giving it 100% is the criteria for MOM then okay but I dont.
All im saying is that he has very little end product.
Im a season ticket holder so watch plenty of games. If that today was satisfactory for you on the basis that it was a bit better than the last game then god help us.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 38
Reverendmariner
October 28, 2017, 5:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +275
I think we forget sometimes that Dembele is on a learning curve. He's very young, inexperienced, and  learning all the time, and will be an even more effective player at the end of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 38
Grimbiggs
October 28, 2017, 5:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Quoted from TAGG

Sounds like your saying that im inferring that Dembeli is excrement.
Well im not, yes hes had a good game but if running  about giving it 100% is the criteria for MOM then okay but I dont.
All im saying is that he has very little end product.
Im a season ticket holder so watch plenty of games. If that today was satisfactory for you on the basis that it was a bit better than the last game then god help us.

Whether I think it is satisfactory is immaterial, we all know what Slade is all about, and the tactics he employs.  Dembele is the only bright spark in a very average side, being our only creative output, he;s having to beat two or three men every time, with very little support. Whilst we're still getting results, the personnel and tactics Slade employs is unlikely to change, so I'd get used to it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 38
Mrs Doyle
October 28, 2017, 6:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from arryarryarry

The second half has been absolute excrement

Could be because the wind is so strong most clearances are coming back with interest our defence have had their work cutout against a team of absolute giants second half and deserve some credit for that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 38
Mrs Doyle
October 29, 2017, 7:34am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
I thought Clarke was immense at the back against the beast Summerfield put in another superb display and tryed to getting Dembele in as much as he could.

Considering the size of our squad nobody can label Slade as Mr Tinkerman something Hurst was often accused of.

He as quality options on the bench but seems frightened to use them.

D.J. should have been used first change for Woolford. Jones should have stayed on and  Tombola or Cardwell used to give us some strength and pace up front.

At some point Slade you need to take the gamble we need to find that winning formula.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 38
golfer
October 29, 2017, 10:08am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Do you think Slade likes Bolarinwa ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 38
HertsGTFC
October 29, 2017, 10:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,880
Gold Stars: 227
As Mrs Doyle says Slade does have options in the squad but appears to not want to break away from what he sees as “tried & trusted” in terms of shape and selection rather than not “liking” any particular player.

Something may have to give though as we face some tough games in the next 2 months and “keeping us shspe” and soaking up pressure may not be an option versus the likes of Luton, Swindon and Exeter, attack might be the best form of defence and despite Cheltenham A  based up the current selection we need to be better in that department.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 38
Garth
October 29, 2017, 2:05pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from golfer
Do you think Slade likes Bolarinwa ?

Do you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 38
golfer
October 29, 2017, 6:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Garth

Do you?

Do I what ?  If you mean do I think Slade likes Bolly, the answer is no. If you mean ,do I like Bolly, the answer is yes. Our left wing is a big problem. I notice that our 2 wingers interchange moreorless every game but to no avail as our left winger is not very successful wherever he plays If he was replaced by Bolly we would be guaranteed a bigger chance of success.I do not understand why Slade keeps on with the same player who has failed to impress in just about every game. With Bolly's speed we would be a threat on either wing. At the moment we are so predictable.I like to watch a bit of the unexpected now and again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cambridge Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.