Zmariner
October 25, 2017, 10:44pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,115
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from mariner91

I think that's grossly unfair and unfounded. I don't dispute that there are some on my course who are only interested in the money aspect but it's certainly the minority. They're also generally the ones who struggle on the course and are almost always the ones who drop out. It's a difficult and stressful course and a difficult and stressful job so if you don't like what you're doing, most can't hack it. There are much easier ways to make more money like going to work in banking for example.

Maybe a bit harsh but I have several Indian mates and become a dentist has been standard advice and so unfounded is incorrect. Banking jobs are way more risky than dentistry and so you there is a trade off there. To say much easier money for most is doubtful. An average dentist will earn well and so a good business in terms of risk. I may well advise my son or daughter t be a dentist. Most jobs at a certain salary level come with some sort of pressure, it can be technical or managerial. I would fully expect to fund my kids through university as much as I can as I would not expect other taxpayers to support me. For those from the most disadvantaged backgrounds some central support is required, for those with parents who can afford it they should assist in my opinion utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 80
LH
October 25, 2017, 10:49pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
I bet M91 can’t wait to practice on some of you lot.

“Yeah sorry mate, all out of anaesthetic today and the next available appointment is in 3 years time. Your fault for voting Tory I suppose so man up and let me have them gnashers out”
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 80
Vance Warner
October 26, 2017, 12:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,775
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from Zmariner
I think that you're thinking is is a bit flawed here. I work with several guys who's kids have trained to be dentistsand doctors and the general approach  is all about money and has nothing to do with the good of the country or the NHS.  For me a more practical solution is to stop dentists and doctors being primadonas and train a load more of them, in order to do this you may need to reduce the entry requirements. Clearly not an ideal solution but the current solution is a mess and an associate dentist can easily earn £100,000 a year for a pretty much 9 to 5 job, good luck to them but this is the root of the problem UTM

Nice

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 80
grimsby pete
October 26, 2017, 1:31pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,778
Gold Stars: 222
I can not think of a worse job than looking into peoples mouths all day. yuk !!!

BUT

Somebody has got to do it,

We might disagree on most things 91 but on this subject you have my respect.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 80
mariner91
October 26, 2017, 5:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from grimsby pete
I can not think of a worse job than looking into peoples mouths all day. yuk !!!

BUT

Somebody has got to do it,

We might disagree on most things 91 but on this subject you have my respect.

I'm weird.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 80
Maringer
October 26, 2017, 5:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,407
Gold Stars: 184
Bet Little Shop of Horrors is your favourite movie.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 80
Marinerz93
October 26, 2017, 10:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 139914
*sigh*, when will folks realise that the mere mention of CorrBin makes Maringer stiff.....with pride.  Not sure I can stomach yet another thread of him copy/pasting extracts from a 1980's militant publication while consuming himself in a Kleenex confetti of self indulgence.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/TV6jhuV.gif[/img]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 80
arryarryarry
October 29, 2017, 11:55am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Maringer

How about #stillbelievinganynonsensethetorypressclaimaboutcorbyn?

After all, he just said student debt needed to be looked at (and it does). No lies at all, despite what the usual suspects may be trying to make you believe. No claims about debt cancellation, though in my view this would certainly be a possibility if it was decided that further QE needed to be enacted. The financial sector and wealthy rentiers garnered most of the benefit from the past batch of QE (£425 billion or so created by the magic money tree). Can't imagine a better way to get money directly into the economy than forgiveness of student debt.

From an interview with the NME :-

“I don’t have the simple answer for it at this stage – I don’t think anybody would expect me to, because this election was called unexpectedly; we had two weeks to prepare all of this – but I’m very well aware of that problem,” said Corbyn. “And I don’t see why those that had the historical misfortune to be at university during the £9,000 period should be burdened excessively compared to those that went before or those that come after. I will deal with it.”

I will await your apology but wont hold my breath.
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 80
Maringer
October 29, 2017, 9:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,407
Gold Stars: 184
Extend your quote so you don't lose the context:

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/no-corbyn-did-not-pledge-to-abolish-student-debt

The 'deal with it' is clearly relating to the earlier section of the interview which mentioned looking for ways to ameliorate the issue.

Any more selective quotes for me to shoot down?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 80
barralad
October 30, 2017, 10:31am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from TAGG

Thats my point.
Its peoples choice if they want to go further with their education. Stop moaning about having to pay loans back its part of life.
My choice was to leave school on the Friday and and start working the next week. I didn't ask the tax payer to finance my first few years in work so why the fook should I (through my taxes) subsidies some one who will have the ability to earn two,three or four times more than I will ever earn??  

I have three and  six year old girls and they have a savings pot if they want to go to UNI when they get older hopefully there will be enough cash in their accounts so they dont have to bum off the tax payers of England.

Yes I get that but sometimes you have to make it a bit more attractive for people to want to make that choice otherwise you end up with the situation in my dentists where there is a Polish dentist, one from the Czech Republic and one from South Africa. Since the Government withdrew nursing bursaries 10000 fewer people decided to take up nursing. As someone who wants (I believe) to see us out of the E.U. doesn't don't you worry about how those nursing/dentistry/doctor positions are going to be filled?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › #gtfcfansforcorbyn

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.