TAGG
October 25, 2017, 1:05am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from mariner91

By the time I qualify for my job in June, I will be about £90K in debt. Going to be fun trying to get a mortgage with that looming over me.

intercourse it let’s get everything free.
intercourse people like me who have paid tax since leaving school at 16 we will pay for others to have further education and go on to get a 100,000k a year job.
Suck it up mate it was your decision to take the loan.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 80
SheepGTFC
October 25, 2017, 5:24am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +283
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Posh Harry

Double check this but I don't think they take student debt into consideration when looking for a mortgage.

Student loans with SFE do not affect your credit rating whatsoever.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 80
barralad
October 25, 2017, 8:39am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,193
Quoted from TAGG

intercourse it let’s get everything free.
intercourse people like me who have paid tax since leaving school at 16 we will pay for others to have further education and go on to get a 100,000k a year job.
Suck it up mate it was your decision to take the loan.

It was also his choice to go into a profession where we are desperately in need of home grown talent..you know to stop our reliance on imports which you seem keen to support. Whilst we are on the subject 100K is a very average salary for that sort of expertise. He could've been a Premier League footballer and earned 5 times that in a month. Some seriously flawed logic on this thread..

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 80
Maringer
October 25, 2017, 9:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
I seem to recall that mariner91 mentioned he's doing dentistry. I presume that everyone who is happy for him to rack up the best part of £100k in debt is perfectly happy if he goes into private practice or emigrates to, say, Australia, to get a better wage once he's qualified?

Why should he work on the NHS if he can make a lot more money charging private rates to pay off the huge debts you're happy for him to rack up?

How about teaching? Teachers aren't so well paid these days, especially as their pensions have been hacked right back and they've suffered the same wage freeze as other public sector workers. The workload these days is absolutely crippling so it's no surprise that teachers are leaving the profession in droves. How many capable young people are going to turn away from this vital career because of the prospect of £50k+ of debts before they even get started?

The politicians who voted for course fees and then quickly trebled them didn't have to pay these fees themselves. It takes a very special sort of person to receive something for free and then be so keen to make sure that the next generation can't enjoy the same benefits. All whilst cutting taxes of the wealthiest, of course.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 80
Zmariner
October 25, 2017, 12:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,067
Gold Stars: 43
Why would a dentist not paying loans off have any correlation to where they choose to work in the future? I am completely lost. Dentistry tends to be driven by cash not the joy of teeth, this a perfect example of where loans make sense utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 80
Maringer
October 25, 2017, 1:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Eh? I'm assuming somebody such as a dentist will pay off their loans, as they should earn enough to do so.

The point is that if you load up dentists with huge amounts of debt as they work for many years to get their qualifications, then they are less likely to work in the NHS because they can earn much more from private practice or overseas.

Better for the dentist longer-term, perhaps, but bad for the average bod on the street who is struggling to find an NHS dentist.

I have two check-ups a year with my NHS dentist which costs me very little. My wife has two check-ups a year with her private dentist (because she couldn't get an NHS one when she moved back to the area) and it costs her several times as much. She needed some work done the other year which cost hundreds of pounds. The same treatment from an NHS dentist would have cost her a fraction of that amount.

Dentists and doctors are special cases to some degree because they are likely to earn a lot more in future and would be more likely to be able to pay off the loans they rack up during the years they are in training, but let's not forget that Doctors working in the NHS have suffered the same pay freeze as other public sector workers as their workload has gone up. No surprise so many of them are quitting to move overseas. Ultimately, they'll still have to repay their loans, but the country won't benefit from their training and labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 80
TAGG
October 25, 2017, 4:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from barralad

It was also his choice to go into a profession where we are desperately in need of home grown talent..you know to stop our reliance on imports which you seem keen to support. Whilst we are on the subject 100K is a very average salary for that sort of expertise. He could've been a Premier League footballer and earned 5 times that in a month. Some seriously flawed logic on this thread..

Thats my point.
Its peoples choice if they want to go further with their education. Stop moaning about having to pay loans back its part of life.
My choice was to leave school on the Friday and and start working the next week. I didn't ask the tax payer to finance my first few years in work so why the fook should I (through my taxes) subsidies some one who will have the ability to earn two,three or four times more than I will ever earn??  

I have three and  six year old girls and they have a savings pot if they want to go to UNI when they get older hopefully there will be enough cash in their accounts so they dont have to bum off the tax payers of England.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 80
Maringer
October 25, 2017, 4:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
We're now the most expensive country in the world in which to study. We've overtaken the Americans in this regard which shows just how crazy things have got over here.

If things remain the same, my advice would have been for kids to learn a foreign language to a good level and go to study in France or Germany or another European country where fees are a tiny fraction of the amount they are over here. Unfortunately, of course, Brexit means that UK students are unlikely to be able to do this easily any longer. Something else to thank the oldies for.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 80
TAGG
October 25, 2017, 4:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
We're now the most expensive country in the world in which to study. We've overtaken the Americans in this regard which shows just how crazy things have got over here.

If things remain the same, my advice would have been for kids to learn a foreign language to a good level and go to study in France or Germany or another European country where fees are a tiny fraction of the amount they are over here. Unfortunately, of course, Brexit means that UK students are unlikely to be able to do this easily any longer. Something else to thank the oldies for.

My advice would be if you have young kids start saving now for the UNI fees.
A massive problem in this country (perpetuated by Corbyn) is that millions of people expect the state to run their lives for them, look after them and tell them what to do.
The further education system in this country must be  worth the money judging by the amount of overseas students that are here.

GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 80
Zmariner
October 25, 2017, 4:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,067
Gold Stars: 43
I think that you're thinking is is a bit flawed here. I work with several guys who's kids have trained to be dentistsand doctors and the general approach  is all about money and has nothing to do with the good of the country or the NHS.  For me a more practical solution is to stop dentists and doctors being primadonas and train a load more of them, in order to do this you may need to reduce the entry requirements. Clearly not an ideal solution but the current solution is a mess and an associate dentist can easily earn £100,000 a year for a pretty much 9 to 5 job, good luck to them but this is the root of the problem UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › #gtfcfansforcorbyn

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.