Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Let's be positive!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 144 Guests

Let's be positive!

This thread currently has 5,287 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Mighty_Mariner
October 21, 2017, 8:20pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,238
Gold Stars: 10
I know there has been a lot of negativity lately but for me Sladey is starting to show he's a good lower league manager. We're on a run of 1 defeat in 9 games, 3.wins 3 draws in the last 6 games - to me that's play-off for all day long.

OK, it might not always be pretty but was it under Paul Hurst who evyone is now saying is the messiah and Brian Clough  reincarnated.

What it is, is effective. We are becoming incredibly hard to beat, we defend as a unit and the desire is there for all to see.

We are clearly a couple of attacking players short of really making a go of it but the foundation for any successful team and often the hardest part to get right is to be defensively solid and organised and Slade has implemented that IMO.

I think some people forget that we are a League 2 club and their expectations that we should be playing tippy tappy football a'la Spain or Barcelona is just not realistic for the level we are at.

I'm not having a go at anyone here as everyone is entitled to their opinion but I just hope that we can start to cultivate a more positive atmosphere and look at the good things this team is doing rather than continually point out our faults and forensically analyse those.

I genuinely believe that given time and more importantly resources, then Russel Slade can get us fighting for promotion to League 1.

Let's see where we are after the Xmas period and what January brings.

#UTM

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
TheRealJohnLewis
October 21, 2017, 8:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
The only thing that would have made this slightly more sickly, is if you had added "In Slade we Trust!" at the end.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 31
LH
October 21, 2017, 8:28pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 167
Really looking forward to getting turned over by Cambridge next week now that we’ve had the “be positive” thread.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 31
MuddyWaters
October 21, 2017, 8:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +46 / -25
Approval: +31,785
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
I know there has been a lot of negativity lately but for me Sladey is starting to show he's a good lower league manager. We're on a run of 1 defeat in 9 games, 3.wins 3 draws in the last 6 games - to me that's play-off for all day long.

OK, it might not always be pretty but was it under Paul Hurst who evyone is now saying is the messiah and Brian Clough  reincarnated.

What it is, is effective. We are becoming incredibly hard to beat, we defend as a unit and the desire is there for all to see.

We are clearly a couple of attacking players short of really making a go of it but the foundation for any successful team and often the hardest part to get right is to be defensively solid and organised and Slade has implemented that IMO.

I think some people forget that we are a League 2 club and their expectations that we should be playing tippy tappy football a'la Spain or Barcelona is just not realistic for the level we are at.

I'm not having a go at anyone here as everyone is entitled to their opinion but I just hope that we can start to cultivate a more positive atmosphere and look at the good things this team is doing rather than continually point out our faults and forensically analyse those.

I genuinely believe that given time and more importantly resources, then Russel Slade can get us fighting for promotion to League 1.

Let's see where we are after the Xmas period and what January brings.

#UTM

I agree with this bit - let's get the Mighty Mariner back.....
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 31
Swansea_Mariner
October 21, 2017, 8:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,386
Gold Stars: 62
Clearly we are on a good run, let's see though whether it's down to an easier run of games or a sign that we have generated some solid foundations.  On a paper a tougher run coming up so I guess we will see.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 31
MarinerRob
October 21, 2017, 9:15pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,429
Gold Stars: 107
Less than 18 months ago we were a non league team and nearly blew our chance at getting to Wembley. Now consolidated as a League Two team we are moving forward so I'm happy to be have that status. Yes, I would like to make the play offs and be entertained but at the moment the thought of being a League Two team is a good thought to have. Hopefully League One will come. And when (not if) it does how long will the club get before we are demanding promotion to the Championship?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 31
grimsby pete
October 21, 2017, 9:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,763
Gold Stars: 221
3 pts off a play off place.

AND

Still some moan.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 31
LH
October 21, 2017, 9:40pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 167
I wasn’t moaning - I was just saying that we usually lose after someone posts something about positivity or unbeaten runs etc.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 31
heppy88
October 21, 2017, 9:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,069
Gold Stars: 40
I really want to be positive, want to look forward to the match, want to be excited. But having sat through 90 minutes last Saturday its just not happening. Hopefully as the season progresses the positivity will return. We are having a good run and are in a respectable position, its just not that enjoyable to watch. UTMM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 31
ginnywings
October 21, 2017, 9:50pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.06
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,952
Gold Stars: 531
Happy with the results, happy with where we are in the league, not a big fan of Slade but admit he is doing a good job and is still in the early days of his tenure, but i would really like to see a bit of excitement at BP now and again. Not expecting champagne football but a few crosses and shots with the odd goal wouldn't go amiss and wouldn't be too much to ask for would it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 31
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Let's be positive!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.