arryarryarry
October 29, 2017, 2:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,945
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from oldun

Rumour in Solihull he is going to be staying there.

I would admit as soon as I saw he had gone out on loan that was my first thought.

Yussuf gone permantently, Clements and Asante on loan, Bolarinwa not getting a look in I think RS is wanting rid of them all.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 46
HertsGTFC
October 29, 2017, 2:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from arryarryarry

I would admit as soon as I saw he had gone out on loan that was my first thought.

Yussuf gone permantently, Clements and Asante on loan, Bolarinwa not getting a look in I think RS is wanting rid of them all.

That wouldn't surprise me, cant see why Bolarinwa is not involved in the match day squad as his pace can be used as an outlet especially when we appear content to soak up pressure in the latter parts of games.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 46
lew chaterleys lover
October 29, 2017, 7:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,546
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from oldun

Rumour in Solihull he is going to be staying there.

That is understandable. He is like Ademeno. Great reputation but not able to cope with the physical and mental demands of league football which is a world away from Solihull Moors.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 46
chaos33
October 29, 2017, 7:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Wouldn't it be rational to assume that if he gets fit and strong and bangs the goals in he'll be coming back, and if the opposite of that transpires then maybe he won't?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 46
Garth
October 29, 2017, 7:47pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from chaos33
Wouldn't it be rational to assume that if he gets fit and strong and bangs the goals in he'll be coming back, and if the opposite of that transpires then maybe he won't?

Probably! a sort of on trial after injury thing, the big guy for Cambridge is what you need in this league IMO, like Rhead and Akinfenwa he bullied his way around and at times was quite skillful, lets hope Asante comes good for us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 46
friskneymariner
October 29, 2017, 8:27pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Garth

Probably! a sort of on trial after injury thing, the big guy for Cambridge is what you need in this league IMO, like Rhead and Akinfenwa he bullied his way around and at times was quite skillful, lets hope Asante comes good for us

Surprisingly he had quite a bit of pace as well,better than what we have got.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 46
Mrs Doyle
October 29, 2017, 8:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from Garth

TBH I thought Matt looked like he was going to be that player, disappointed he as gone downhill for him since that promising start.

Maybe Cardwell should be given another chance he as good pace or Tombola.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 46
ginnywings
October 29, 2017, 9:36pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537

That is understandable. He is like Ademeno. Great reputation but not able to cope with the physical and mental demands of league football which is a world away from Solihull Moors.

You've decided that after a handful of games?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 46
lew chaterleys lover
October 29, 2017, 9:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,546
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from ginnywings

You've decided that after a handful of games?

From what I have seen yes. Add to that he is already 25 and has only had some success with Solihull Moors. I would be surprised to see him in a Town shirt again. I cannot look into the future; if he comes good and bangs in the goals for us then great, but I cannot see it.  
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 46
ginnywings
October 29, 2017, 9:50pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Fair enough Lew. Time will tell as ever.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Keeping track on our loanees

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.