Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Slade under the microscope?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 360 Guests

Slade under the microscope?

This thread currently has 3,626 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Abdul19
October 21, 2017, 11:11am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
I think we should try and achieve 6!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 21, 2017, 11:14am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Earlier in the season Slade made the point that he likes to divide the season into mini-leagues of 4 or 5 games rather than look at the whole season too much. He will be happy with the latest haul of points and no doubt will have a target in mind for the next 4 games.

If we were still under the previous manager then Herts might have a point about microscopes. But Slade has been around, seen it, done it, won it, lost it. I don’t always agree with what he does but I do have confidence that he has experience and he has plans and targets for the next few games just as he did for the last few.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
HertsGTFC
October 21, 2017, 11:24am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,630
Gold Stars: 217
Yeah I heard the 4 games thing in the interview RRFC and thought it was a good way to operate, to be fair the OP was as much about the fixture list as it was Slade but it's inevitable that he'll kop for it on here at least if things don't go with expectation, note the word "expectation" rather than reality.

What he did this week with the lad who came in and went out Chester suggests RS is working to a plan on a number of fronts.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
golfer
October 22, 2017, 7:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,372
Gold Stars: 111
Quoted from Fat Cobra

Micro tackle

Isn't micro tackle used by some fat bloke sat on side catching fish that everybody has thrown back
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
GrimRob
October 23, 2017, 1:22pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
[img]http://a.scpr.org/i/949d8d89b7ae955f4ff0813bf275d11e/116309-full.jpg[/img]

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Slade under the microscope?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.