This thread currently has 3,648 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
yeovilmariner
October 18, 2017, 1:00pm
100% town fan,thanks dad :-)
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +137
Leave Yeovil at 5pm for a quick hundred mile blast up the M5 to Cheltenham,only to get 43 miles the motorway then pure gridlock.
At 7.20 and 53 miles to go and still stuck in an 8 mile road block it was time to admit defeat and turn for home.Bloody roadworks.
Only good thing was a great 3 points away from home.Totally gutted not to see town play.
Still and nice trip to Plymouth will make up for it UTM.

HAPPY DAYS[face=Geneva][/face][color=blue][/color]
Logged Offline
Private Message
moosey_club
October 18, 2017, 3:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,132
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from yeovilmariner
Leave Yeovil at 5pm for a quick hundred mile blast up the M5 to Cheltenham,only to get 43 miles the motorway then pure gridlock.
At 7.20 and 53 miles to go and still stuck in an 8 mile road block it was time to admit defeat and turn for home.Bloody roadworks.
Only good thing was a great 3 points away from home.Totally gutted not to see town play.
Still and nice trip to Plymouth will make up for it UTM.

and Exeter....

could you have not come off the M'Way and back roaded your way through ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
lukeo
October 18, 2017, 6:04pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.08
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,292
Gold Stars: 133
I came from Taunton and left at 5pm and arrived at 7.40pm.. Although diversions tried to send us back south bound I used my small pea brain and ignored it, I just found a road that was heading north, went through a couple of villages, hit a bit of traffic along the way but eventually the Sat nav kicked on and put us back on the m5 after where the crash was. If we stayed on the m5 it predicted us to arrive at 8.30pm, we where both so eager to get to watch town I knew we would find a way and we did. Buzzing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
Mariner Ronnie
October 18, 2017, 6:18pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Bores me. In Russia they push the car off the road and get the traffic moving again.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
October 18, 2017, 7:48pm
Guest User
sorry
Reply: 4 - 12
KingstonMariner
October 18, 2017, 9:41pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.13
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Bar it being a bit slowish on the M25 (predictable) and a stretch on the M4, by the time we got to the 419 turnoff near Swindon we were steaming on.....until we realised what all those signs saying the A417 was completely closed off meant.

Result, arrived at the ground nearly 20 past 8. Still saw our 2nd and 3rd though.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
KingstonMariner
October 18, 2017, 9:42pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.13
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
Bores me. In Russia they push the car off the road and get the traffic moving again.

They do lots of things in Russia that I'm probably quite glad we don't do.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
yeovilmariner
October 19, 2017, 6:57am
Coke Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

and Exeter....

could you have not come off the M'Way and back roaded your way through ?

Away on hols for Exeter game,our first exit point on M'way was Nailsea when we turned for home.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
yeovilmariner
October 19, 2017, 7:04am
Coke Drinker
Quoted from lukeo
I came from Taunton and left at 5pm and arrived at 7.40pm.. Although diversions tried to send us back south bound I used my small pea brain and ignored it, I just found a road that was heading north, went through a couple of villages, hit a bit of traffic along the way but eventually the Sat nav kicked on and put us back on the m5 after where the crash was. If we stayed on the m5 it predicted us to arrive at 8.30pm, we where both so eager to get to watch town I knew we would find a way and we did. Buzzing.

Your lucky were 50mins from Bridgewater turning so you were way ahead of us coming from Taunton..Didn't even put sat nav on,wish I had as it turned out to be a 8 mile tail back due to 2 lanes being closed for resurfacing through the night.Once we got past Weston and hit the queue Nailsea was our 1st get out.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
Maringer
October 19, 2017, 8:25am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -11
Approval: +16,069
Gold Stars: 175
The M5 can be a massive pain. Travelling to Cornwall some years back, we suddenly hit a traffic jam out of nothing. There had been a serious accident ahead and the motorway was completely closed. Took over well over 2 hours to get off at the next junction and the A303 was then completely chocker as well. In the end, we pulled off onto the side roads and followed the sun which eventually got us past Exeter and the jam. Added almost 4 hours to an exhausting journey!

Just bad luck for yeovilmariner on the night.

Best set off the night before for the Plymouth game.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gutted last night

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.