3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
gtfc98
October 17, 2017, 11:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,023
Gold Stars: 64
Great to see Dembele run across the pitch to celebrate with Russ, clear to see he appreciates what Slade has done for him so far. He's shown plenty of faith in him, looks like that's starting to pay off! Just got to cling on to him past January now...

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
promotion plaice
October 17, 2017, 11:29pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,952
Gold Stars: 188
Quoted from gtfc98
Great to see Dembele run across the pitch to celebrate with Russ, clear to see he appreciates what Slade has done for him so far. He's shown plenty of faith in him, looks like that's starting to pay off! Just got to cling on to him past January now...

Careful.....RS must not be praised on here......it's the law.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
grimsby pete
October 17, 2017, 11:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,763
Gold Stars: 221
Well I think Slade  is doing ok .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
The Grim Reaper
October 18, 2017, 12:18am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
Just watched his second goal very special

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
promotion plaice
October 18, 2017, 12:24am

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,952
Gold Stars: 188
Quoted from grimsby pete
Well I think Slade  is doing ok .

Agreed

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
ginnywings
October 18, 2017, 12:29am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.06
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,952
Gold Stars: 531
I think Slade is doing fine points wise, but it's the dire football, especially at BP that is the concern for me. There has been a steady improvement as the season has progressed, in terms of being harder to beat and picking up good points away from home, but the team need to start performing at home.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
1mickylyons
October 18, 2017, 6:52am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,182
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from ginnywings
I think Slade is doing fine points wise, but it's the dire football, especially at BP that is the concern for me. There has been a steady improvement as the season has progressed, in terms of being harder to beat and picking up good points away from home, but the team need to start performing at home.

This 180 Town fans last night and 3900 on Saturday just gone the players and Manager owe the home fans a big performance.Hopefully this run will continue and let`s see an emphatic Boxing Day win resulting in Evans being led off in cuffs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
LondonMariner43
October 18, 2017, 6:52am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,891
Gold Stars: 64
I watched the highlights and thought the same thing.  Whatever some on here think, here's a young player who appreciates the manager.

In pre-season, we had a glut of goals but when the season started we were letting in too many soft goals and everyone said our defense was too old/ too slow etc.

The first job for a manager is to make your team hard to beat.  If you don't concede, you only have to score 1 to win.  It may not be pretty but are Chelsea fans happier in recent seasons than Liverpool?  

Once there is a solid platform, then you can focus more attention on the attacking side of the game.  

One noticeable thing about recent weeks is that we seem to have a first 11 that you can pretty much name, give or take injuries etc.  you may not like the selection but it's the first time for a while that we have had a settled line up.  Once you have a settled team, then it's easier to bring in one or two changes and try things out.  What you can't have is the sort of chaos perpetrated by Bignot.

I'm sure we would all like to win 3-0 every week but the fact is that if Jones had scored his penalty on Saturday we'd be one point off the play off spots.  

It's still early days but there are signs for me that things are heading in the right direction.  I just hope more fans will get behind the team and the manager.  Maybe there is a reason the away form is better than at Grumble Park?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
1mickylyons
October 18, 2017, 7:00am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,182
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from LondonMariner43
I watched the highlights and thought the same thing.  Whatever some on here think, here's a young player who appreciates the manager.

In pre-season, we had a glut of goals but when the season started we were letting in too many soft goals and everyone said our defense was too old/ too slow etc.

The first job for a manager is to make your team hard to beat.  If you don't concede, you only have to score 1 to win.  It may not be pretty but are Chelsea fans happier in recent seasons than Liverpool?  

Once there is a solid platform, then you can focus more attention on the attacking side of the game.  

One noticeable thing about recent weeks is that we seem to have a first 11 that you can pretty much name, give or take injuries etc.  you may not like the selection but it's the first time for a while that we have had a settled line up.  Once you have a settled team, then it's easier to bring in one or two changes and try things out.  What you can't have is the sort of chaos perpetrated by Bignot.

I'm sure we would all like to win 3-0 every week but the fact is that if Jones had scored his penalty on Saturday we'd be one point off the play off spots.  

It's still early days but there are signs for me that things are heading in the right direction.  I just hope more fans will get behind the team and the manager.  Maybe there is a reason the away form is better than at Grumble Park?!

Good post this and very fair assessment but likewise so are most of the balanced comments about what we have seen at BP in recent games from an entertainment point of view.The team are being moulded and from the way we are picking up points it appears the RS message is getting through it`s never been pretty to watch but at least it`s effective.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
Maringer
October 18, 2017, 8:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -11
Approval: +16,070
Gold Stars: 175
I think you have to say that the unsuccessful attempts at 4-2-3-1 during the early stages of the season certainly contributed to our lacklustre start. We seem more comfortable playing the 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 though the first choice eleven is a bit lacking in pace.

It would be nice to have a different formation in the locker but I don't think the 4-2-3-1 can really work with the players we have at our disposal. Can't complain much about the away form at present, however.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Slade effect

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.