Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back-on the bus.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 212 Guests

Just Back-on the bus.

This thread currently has 9,000 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
October 17, 2017, 11:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from barralad
Well that was a nervy last 10!!
First half was exceptional. They couldn't handle Dembele at all. Some of his footwork is simply outrageous. On one occasion he took a high ball down flicked ot up and round the defender. Worth the cost of the day on his own. It was far from a one man show. Summerfield was magnificent. Just about everything we did involved him. Woolford's ball to Siriki for the first goal was perfect. Both centre backs were immense against Cheltenhams high ball game with the only blot being P*lls free header for their goal. Second half it was clear Dembele was struggling a bit well before he came off. I don't know if Son of madeley was at the game but Town dealt pretty comfortably with anything the home team slung in until that last 10. Their second goal was decent and our old giving free kicks away in dangerous areas resurfaced but somehow (woth a bit of help from their crap finishing) we held on. The much maligned Dixon made some crucial first half tackles and blocks. Summerfield my MOM just edging Dembele but what a talent he is!

Looked a bog standard cross into the box for me, just behind Jones but Dembele made it by running onto the ball.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 39
ginnywings
October 17, 2017, 11:35pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Garth

Johnson moaning about time wasting. I've heard it all now, and then he admits that they would do it if they were in the lead. Idiot!

We are now starting to resemble the team Slade had first time around, in that we are generally better away from home. Was the same under Hurst for a long time. I think it's maybe that the players at this level don't have the skill to break down teams that just come and sit, but prosper when they have a bit more space away from home.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 39
sydney
October 18, 2017, 12:01am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Good Performance specially first half where we completely dominated
Cheltenham Fans saying we looked very strong
So pleased for  Dembele, and Dixon much improved
Is he injured bad?
Second half harder but we held on against 12 inc Ref who played 5 1/2 mins injury time. tosser
Well done Town we look so much better when we play on the floor and give the ball to Dembele
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 39
Mariner93er
October 18, 2017, 12:02am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
A solid performance which could have been more comfortable had we kept some pace on the pitch later in the game. Encouragingly, we were always looking to play football at every opportunity first half, and you could see an understanding developing between the players. Summerfield in particular was once again impressive, covering so much ground and having a positive attacking influence. Also, a shout out for Vernon who runs himself into the ground, and put himself about well. Let's try to play like we did first half all the time!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 39
KingstonMariner
October 18, 2017, 1:46am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Happy with that despite missing the first half hour due to roadworks. And still managed to see us score 2 goals.
Great to beat those cheating girl privates finally.
Only real weak link for me was Matt who seems to have deep sea divers boots on.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 39
penrith mariner
October 18, 2017, 2:37am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +181
Gold Stars: 7
Really good first half performance. When we keep the ball on the deck we look like a match for most teams in this league. We defended brilliantly throughout, the only blip leaving Pell unmarked for the equaliser.  Summerfield had a great game as did Vernon with some great hold up play, Demdele was superb and MOM for me. Second half we were put under pressure, bombarded with long balls but thought we coped reasonably well but thought we needed to bring on DJ instead of Matt as we needed an outlet. A great 3 points. Is it possible??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 39
Mrs Doyle
October 18, 2017, 5:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Great for Dembele but even better that Summerfield is producing some outstanding performances and getting the ball more to do this. Slade mybe should have put D.J. on to keep the momentum going but at 3-1 he probably thought got to protect this.

Time to get off Summerfields back and give the man some encouragement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 39
mariner83
October 18, 2017, 7:31am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from lukeo

Until our goal we was brilliant, knocking it around moving forward and defending brilliantly. Once we scored they took control and eventually equalised. After that it was scrappy but we was clever with the ball and got ourselves a couple of goals.

[url=http://wasorwere.com]http://wasorwere.com[/url]
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 27 - 39
Bristol Mariner
October 18, 2017, 7:55am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Apart from last 10 that was much improved. Dixon and Mills excellent first half. Could have scored another couple but at end maybe lucky not be be 3-3.

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 39
Cloudy
October 18, 2017, 8:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Bristol Mariner
Apart from last 10 that was much improved. Dixon and Mills excellent first half. Could have scored another couple but at end maybe lucky not be be 3-3.

Didnt Mills come on around 50 mins to replace Dixon?
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back-on the bus.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.