BPMariner
October 17, 2017, 2:50pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: -61
Gold Stars: 6
What a brilliant idea by Town.

Over the course of 2017, Grimsby Town Football Club has sadly had to say goodbye to some of our loyal supporters.

We want to pay tribute to them, all of them, to remember them and honour their names so they are never forgotten.

Therefore we will be using the scoreboard at the last home game of 2017 to list any fallen Mariners during the year.

Please use this form to inform us of the passing of anyone connected to Grimsby Town during the course of 2017. Please feel free to attach a picture also.

Once A Mariner, Always A Mariner.

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2017/october/remember-the-fallen-mariners/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Bigdog
October 17, 2017, 3:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from BPMariner
What a brilliant idea by Town.

Over the course of 2017, Grimsby Town Football Club has sadly had to say goodbye to some of our loyal supporters.

We want to pay tribute to them, all of them, to remember them and honour their names so they are never forgotten.

Therefore we will be using the scoreboard at the last home game of 2017 to list any fallen Mariners during the year.

Please use this form to inform us of the passing of anyone connected to Grimsby Town during the course of 2017. Please feel free to attach a picture also.

Once A Mariner, Always A Mariner.

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2017/october/remember-the-fallen-mariners/

It's been done for years by plenty of clubs.. It's about time we caught up..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 3
HertsGTFC
October 17, 2017, 3:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Bigdog

It's been done for years by plenty of clubs.. It's about time we caught up..

You never miss an opportunity do you?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 3
Bigdog
October 17, 2017, 4:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from HertsGTFC

You never miss an opportunity do you?

Whenever I've seen it done at other clubs over the years I've always thought why our club hasn't done it. Costs nothing, a simple and really nice thing to do bringing the club and fans closer together. I'm pleased for the families of Mariners that have passed away that the club are now finally doing it.

Talking of missing opportunities, you never seem to miss out on criticising me..

I'm not sorry if I call a spade a spade Herts, it's just the way I am..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Once a Mariner, Always a Mariner

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.