Tommy
October 16, 2017, 1:07pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
22 year old.

Came through the Norwich City Academy so there's a link to Paul Wilkinson there.

Read in different places that he's a right back and that he's an attacking midfielder with an eye for goal.

Would've thought we're fine for right-backs so maybe looking at using him as a midfielder?

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 79
Hagrid
October 16, 2017, 1:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
He's a wing back and its hall johnson not johnson hall. Played a few trial games. Goal record isnt bad for a full back
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 79
LH
October 16, 2017, 1:10pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,458
Gold Stars: 172
A stately home or a right back is not what we need at the minute.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 79
Hagrid
October 16, 2017, 1:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
But id say we'd need a left back not a right back but welcome nonetheless
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 79
Tommy
October 16, 2017, 1:11pm
Season Ticket Holder
http://www.ex-canaries.co.uk/players/hall-johnston.htm

"An attacking midfielder from Cambridgeshire with an eye for goal"

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 79
Maringer
October 16, 2017, 1:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
More pacy than our other options, I'd imagine and perhaps might allow us the option of playing with wing-backs a bit more often?

The squad is a bit short of numbers at the back so no problems with this signing, but let's hope he is versatile and can play both sides if necessary.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 79
LondonMariner43
October 16, 2017, 1:25pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
Davies won't last for ever.  Sounds like one eye on next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 79
Skrill
October 16, 2017, 1:42pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
Could be exactly what we need, more pace on the wings.

[tweet]316134373063806976[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 79
Croxton
October 16, 2017, 1:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 33
Looked promising playing in defensive role in reserves v Notts County at Ilkeston. Good pace and stood up to experienced and physical opposition. Clifton also has gained in strength and plays box to box reliably.
Kevin Nolan and staff shouting instructions from high in a stand, emphasising pressing role for his attack and avoidance of giving away cheap free kicks to his defence. Cardwell and DJ impressed too. Our coaches' style was much quieter but not necessarily poorer for that.
Clements looked off the pace but played some excellent passes when in space.  

Had looked forward to the promised highlights as the camera position was high and weather glorious. Perhaps we have decided not to advertise the talents of our trialists? Understandable perhaps, but many fans will have little to go on to assess our signed players.
Meanwhile, we can watch Scarborough and Solihull Moors.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 79
Jarmo.Is.God
October 16, 2017, 1:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from Skrill
Could be exactly what we need, more pace on the wings.

Really?

Bolly and DJ are not getting a start and fit right into what you just said
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 79
1mickylyons
October 16, 2017, 1:52pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Welcome aboard.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 79
moosey_club
October 16, 2017, 2:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,209
Gold Stars: 226
Welcome.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 79
Cloudy
October 16, 2017, 2:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Its good that the new lad knows Kelly, DJ and Killip in addition to Wilko from his Norwich days.

He will have someone to chat to on the bench!
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 79
October 16, 2017, 3:49pm
Guest User
Is that the 33rd member of the first team squad? We have two competent right backs already at the club, we need either competition or a replacement for our left back who is struggling. Another bizarre decision from the manager in my opinion.
Reply: 15 - 79
Mariners_15
October 16, 2017, 4:00pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Another Wilko signing, hope it's better than the 2 or 3 others we've signed upto now...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 79
grimsby pete
October 16, 2017, 4:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Welcome young man,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 79
RichMariner
October 16, 2017, 4:28pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
I welcome the player to the club and hope he's a success. Really, I do. Of course I do.

But excuse me if I think he'll just become yet another member of a squad who probably won't make more than a dozen appearances this season (possibly all from the bench).

An eye for next season, yes, possibly. I can agree with that.

However, Bignot signed a shed load of players while we already had a shed load of players under contract - with an eye for this season - and it's for this 'over-signing', we're led to believe, that he was given the old heave-ho.

And the dire football didn't help his cause, of course.

Now, is it fair to say that Slade is just doing exactly the same thing? Signing a shed load of players to replace another batch of players that haven't even started their careers at Grimsby yet?

And the football's dire.

Bignot was termed 'clueless' because he was young. Watching this Slade side is just like watching Bignot's side, except with more journeymen.

Fenty sanctioned all those Bignot signings. He's sanctioning loads more under Slade. Fans often wonder where that Bogle money went. We spunked it on all those players you don't remember from last season, and you won't remember half of these next season either.

I wish I could believe we're building for the future, but I just don't see it. Our entire back four could retire this summer.

No wonder none of us feel like there's a connection between the players and fans any more. I don't know who's coming, going or already been here for a year and haven't noticed them.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 18 - 79
MuddyWaters
October 16, 2017, 4:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Welcome RH-J - suspect this might be for a different system???
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 79
Maringer
October 16, 2017, 5:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Before this new lad was signed, we had 3 full-backs in the squad to cover 2 positions. This has been commented on in the past when people have rightly complained about the imbalance of the squad. We don't even have any obvious players who could fill-in at full-back - you'd be talking about playing central defenders there out of position as I don't think any of our wide players have the attributes to be defenders (Bolarinwa aside, perhaps?).

We're actually a little lucky that when Mills was out injured, our 36 year-old right-back didn't pick up a knock as that wouldn't have been any sort of a surprise.

Despite this, we now sign another full-back (who can also apparently play elsewhere) and it's suddenly a poor decision?

Can't help but feel that the criticism of this particular signing is just some looking for any sort of stick with which to beat Slade. It's his responsibility to make sure we have cover across all positions so this signing resolves one of our issues at the back, especially if he has the potential to add some much-needed pace. Obviously, an issue of his own making when he didn't sign enough defenders at the start of the season!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 79
LondonMariner43
October 16, 2017, 5:40pm
Champagne Drinker
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from above: "I wish I could believe we're building for the future, but I just don't see it. Our entire back four could retire this summer."

So on the one hand let's criticize Slade because the back 4 is too old and then criticize him for signing a young defender.

I sometimes think Hurst nailed it when criticised Town fans.  He achieved one of the hardest jobs in football getting us back in the League despite 5 yrs of fans saying he should be sacked.  We are seeing now what a good manager he is.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 79
Mariners_15
October 16, 2017, 5:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
I wondered if he's being lined up to play left back perhaps with Dixon struggling for form at the minute? He says he prefers right back but is described as a versatile defender...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 79
Abdul19
October 16, 2017, 7:27pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Yeah I was wondering that. Give us a bit more attacking threat from full back too.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 79
gtfc98
October 16, 2017, 9:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Apparently he played up front for Braintree?

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 79
GrimRob
October 16, 2017, 9:18pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from LondonMariner43
Davies won't last for ever.  Sounds like one eye on next season.

That's why he signed a one year deal then  

I can't honestly see Slade thinking that far ahead, he's for now. Maybe as a squad player, but one for this season.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 79
gtfc98
October 17, 2017, 5:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 79
1mickylyons
October 17, 2017, 7:11am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from RichMariner
I welcome the player to the club and hope he's a success. Really, I do. Of course I do.

But excuse me if I think he'll just become yet another member of a squad who probably won't make more than a dozen appearances this season (possibly all from the bench).

An eye for next season, yes, possibly. I can agree with that.

However, Bignot signed a shed load of players while we already had a shed load of players under contract - with an eye for this season - and it's for this 'over-signing', we're led to believe, that he was given the old heave-ho.

And the dire football didn't help his cause, of course.

Now, is it fair to say that Slade is just doing exactly the same thing? Signing a shed load of players to replace another batch of players that haven't even started their careers at Grimsby yet?

And the football's dire.

Bignot was termed 'clueless' because he was young. Watching this Slade side is just like watching Bignot's side, except with more journeymen.

Fenty sanctioned all those Bignot signings. He's sanctioning loads more under Slade. Fans often wonder where that Bogle money went. We spunked it on all those players you don't remember from last season, and you won't remember half of these next season either.

I wish I could believe we're building for the future, but I just don't see it. Our entire back four could retire this summer.

No wonder none of us feel like there's a connection between the players and fans any more. I don't know who's coming, going or already been here for a year and haven't noticed them.

The right thing to have done with the money would have been to bring in 3-4 quality players on 2-3 year deals we got 2 with Jones/Osborne like you say the rest appears to have been wasted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 79
MarinerMal
October 17, 2017, 8:07am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +784
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from Maringer
Before this new lad was signed, we had 3 full-backs in the squad to cover 2 positions. This has been commented on in the past when people have rightly complained about the imbalance of the squad. We don't even have any obvious players who could fill-in at full-back - you'd be talking about playing central defenders there out of position as I don't think any of our wide players have the attributes to be defenders (Bolarinwa aside, perhaps?).

We're actually a little lucky that when Mills was out injured, our 36 year-old right-back didn't pick up a knock as that wouldn't have been any sort of a surprise.

Despite this, we now sign another full-back (who can also apparently play elsewhere) and it's suddenly a poor decision?

Can't help but feel that the criticism of this particular signing is just some looking for any sort of stick with which to beat Slade. It's his responsibility to make sure we have cover across all positions so this signing resolves one of our issues at the back, especially if he has the potential to add some much-needed pace. Obviously, an issue of his own making when he didn't sign enough defenders at the start of the season!

I think most people realise we needed another full-back. It's just of the 3 full backs, you mentioned, two of them were right-backs and one was a left-back. Therefore, logically thinking, most people expected us to sign a left back not another right back. So if our left-back is injured we still have the problem of playing someone out of position. So it may not seem, on the face of it, that this signing solves the issue you brought up.

By the sound of the it the guy seems versatile and could possibly fill in at left-back, I don't know, I haven't heard he can but I don't know anything about the guy.

So for me, it's quite logical for people to question the signing until we know different. It's a football forum it's what we do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 79
louth_in_the_south
October 17, 2017, 10:15am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,656
Gold Stars: 94
Isn’t Ben Davies a more than capable left back if need be ?

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 79
Maringer
October 17, 2017, 12:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Didn't Mills play left-back earlier in the season as well in that game in which he picked up a red card?

Most full-backs can play on both sides if necessary, but I remember hating playing on the left when I was a kid. I'd do it if required, but my left foot was flipping useless for anything but a weak hack up the line and short passes! Hopefully professionals will do a bit better.  

Simple fact is that there are always going to be a lot more right-backs around than left-backs because so many more people are right-footed. Dixon has had a bit of a wobbly spell, but I'd expect him to remain first choice. His record playing at a higher level would indicate he should be capable of playing reliably at this level once he settles down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 79
Cloudy
October 17, 2017, 12:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Quoted from Maringer
Didn't Mills play left-back earlier in the season as well in that game in which he picked up a red card?

Most full-backs can play on both sides if necessary, but I remember hating playing on the left when I was a kid. I'd do it if required, but my left foot was flipping useless for anything but a weak hack up the line and short passes! Hopefully professionals will do a bit better.  

Simple fact is that there are always going to be a lot more right-backs around than left-backs because so many more people are right-footed. Dixon has had a bit of a wobbly spell, but I'd expect him to remain first choice. His record playing at a higher level would indicate he should be capable of playing reliably at this level once he settles down.

Dixon has had some very poor patches in quite a few games but at both Chesterfield and Port Vale i thought he did very well
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 79
RichMariner
October 17, 2017, 12:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
Quoted from LondonMariner43
Quoted from above: "I wish I could believe we're building for the future, but I just don't see it. Our entire back four could retire this summer."

So on the one hand let's criticize Slade because the back 4 is too old and then criticize him for signing a young defender.

I sometimes think Hurst nailed it when criticised Town fans.  He achieved one of the hardest jobs in football getting us back in the League despite 5 yrs of fans saying he should be sacked.  We are seeing now what a good manager he is.

The bit you quoted above was by me, and it's been taken a little out of context.

The point I made still stands - that our entire defence could retire this summer - but I accept that Hall-Johnson could be a player for next season.

If he is, then great. But that's not the vibe I get from a 9-month contract offer.

On the face of it, he's a back-up signing, nothing more. I hope he impresses in his time with us, does well and earns a new contract next season, but based on what's gone before, I don't see that happening.

I'm not calling for Slade to be sacked - and I was a staunch supporter of Hurst. Maybe I'm just fed up of seeing so many players come and go.

It's difficult to attach yourself to any players at the moment. It's also startling to note that after James McKeown our next longest serving player is someone like James Berrett (nothing against the bloke).

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 32 - 79
Mariner93er
October 17, 2017, 5:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
I don't think Dixon's as bad as he's made out to be. From what I've seen, Woodford offers no protection in front of him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 79
Swansea_Mariner
October 17, 2017, 5:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Gold Stars: 63
In all my years supporting town I can only think of Magnay who seemed assured in both fullback positions and Kevin Jobling was one of those players who seemed capable of 'doing a job' almost anywhere in the team.

Any others in the last 20 odd years? Can't remember Macca venturing to the other side of the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 79
Abdul19
October 17, 2017, 6:17pm

Season Ticket Holder
Paul Bignot?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 79
mariner91
October 17, 2017, 6:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
In all my years supporting town I can only think of Magnay who seemed assured in both fullback positions and Kevin Jobling was one of those players who seemed capable of 'doing a job' almost anywhere in the team.

Any others in the last 20 odd years? Can't remember Macca venturing to the other side of the pitch.

Gary Croft?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 79
Posh Harry
October 17, 2017, 8:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,344
Gold Stars: 34
Tommy Watson could play at full back or midfield.

Loved Tommy Watson. Never stopped running. Real terrier. Not great technically but you always need a few who are willing to put a proper shift in when they put on the shirt.

UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 79
ginnywings
October 17, 2017, 8:24pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
I'm a bit baffled (not difficult) about our recruitment policy. Were we looking for a young,versatile right back and brought some in to trial with that position in mind, or was he offered to us by an agent for a trial and impressed, so we signed him regardless? Did we have to get some out before we brought him in?

We seem to be signing a few players who are free agents after a trial period. We also seem to be having a lot of players in that have been at Norwich, presumably with the Wilkinson link.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 79
Tinymariner
October 17, 2017, 10:16pm

Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Straight out on loan according to RS, to National League side.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 79
Sigone
October 17, 2017, 10:16pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Sounds like he's going out on loan soon according to R.S latest interview.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 79
Meza
October 17, 2017, 10:25pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,631
Gold Stars: 50
Game time.....with a view to earn a deal for next year.  Im not sure what RHJ is thinking.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 79
Abdul19
October 17, 2017, 10:30pm

Season Ticket Holder
Not played a competitive match for nearly 6 months. Makes sense.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 79
ginnywings
October 17, 2017, 10:32pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Meza
Game time.....with a view to earn a deal for next year.  Im not sure what RHJ is thinking.

He's probably made up. Had a trial, worked hard, got a deal for the rest of the season and the chance to earn a longer deal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 79
Meza
October 17, 2017, 10:40pm

Special Brew Drinker
Yeah.  Maybe RS has said to him go out on loan get match fit come back and put yourself in contention.  He's probably Davies's replacement maybe?

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 79
Tommy
October 17, 2017, 10:54pm
Season Ticket Holder
Slade also said the Club have an option on his contract to trigger a year's extension.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 79
moosey_club
October 17, 2017, 11:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Will Mills and Davies both be up at the end of this season ?

Slade's language post match was about it being "good business" and the short term loan seems like an ideal scenario.....Solihull with Asante might not be a bad idea if they could be persuaded .

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 79
forza ivano
October 17, 2017, 11:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Just a bit of background info. Aylesbury boy who is cousin of oxfords Robbie hall

Ps talking of right backs trying to play left back.robbie stock dales effort as left back many years ago is still one of the funniest things I've seen on a football pitch. I really don't think Robbie could kick a ball more than 6 inches with his left foot and boy did he have an uncomfortable afternnon
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 79
Madeleymariner
October 18, 2017, 12:56am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,048
Gold Stars: 49
The lack of a spare LB showed tonight when having to put Davies there, it completely nullified any threat from him going forward
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 79
Swansea_Mariner
October 18, 2017, 5:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Gold Stars: 63
Anyone seen his tackle against Dagenham have a look on Google, it's pretty shocking!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 79
ginnywings
October 18, 2017, 5:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Anyone seen his tackle against Dagenham have a look on Google, it's pretty shocking!

Slade said he likes a tackle.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 79
Henryscat
October 19, 2017, 9:11am
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 79
ginnywings
October 19, 2017, 9:50am

Recovering Alcoholic
Why bizarre?

He's had no competitive games for months. Seems sensible to me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 79
HertsGTFC
October 19, 2017, 9:57am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Clearly Slade wants competition for places so if this lad gets some game time under his belt and it works for Clements & Asante with Osborne fit the starting 11 could look very different for the last 3rd of the season.

Are we building a squad to minimise the revolving door in the summer and give us a flying start next season?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 79
Mendonca1995
October 19, 2017, 10:31am
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Good idea In my opinion get him out on loan to gain match fitness as he's obviously not had much game time and come back In January with Asante and clem fully fit for the final push into the playoffs and hopefully more !!! UTM

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 79
Henryscat
October 19, 2017, 10:49am
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
Quoted from ginnywings
Why bizarre?

He's had no competitive games for months. Seems sensible to me.

Sorry didn't mean the loan was bizarre - completely understand that. More surprised at the club he's gone to. Can imagine a strange phone call between Bignot and Slade

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 79
Mallyner
October 19, 2017, 10:51am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,507
Gold Stars: 23

Shocking tackle at Dagenham, hopefully the Girl Pipers didn't see it.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 79
ginnywings
October 19, 2017, 11:19am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Henryscat

Sorry didn't mean the loan was bizarre - completely understand that. More surprised at the club he's gone to. Can imagine a strange phone call between Bignot and Slade

Yeah, i did think about it later being Chester and remembered Bignot had gone there, so yes, slightly bizarre i grant you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 79
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 19, 2017, 11:45am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from ginnywings

Yeah, i did think about it later being Chester and remembered Bignot had gone there, so yes, slightly bizarre i grant you.

Nothing is bizarre in football. Even when Clough and Taylor fell out personally, their clubs would still do business. Presumably his name was circularised around the NL and Chester were first to pick up the phone.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 79
HertsGTFC
October 19, 2017, 12:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
"Listen" as well as packing his boots I hope he remembered to include his bull sh1t detector!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 79
Sigone
October 24, 2017, 8:16pm
Cocktail Drinker
Just scored for Chester
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 79
Meza
October 24, 2017, 8:36pm

Special Brew Drinker
Playing as a right winger i think.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 79
Civvy at last
October 24, 2017, 8:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +36 / -13
Approval: +12,203
Gold Stars: 131
Quoted from Meza

Why does every thread turn to politics FFS😉

The wife was going away for a girly weekend.
I jokingly remarked  'I don't know whether to spend it watching porn or watching football'
'you may as well spend it watching porn' she replied
That's understanding darling what makes you say that? I asked

She said 'Well you already know how to play football'  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 79
Meza
October 24, 2017, 8:41pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Civvy at last

Why does every thread turn to politics FFS😉

Haha......if he carrys on like that he might be a remainer 😉

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 79
RoboCod
October 24, 2017, 8:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Sigone
Just scored for Chester

And Yussuf scores for Barrow

Looks a good game, 2-2 at HT

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 79
Mikoo
October 24, 2017, 9:35pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: +466
Quoted from Meza

He's at right-back tonight according to flashscore, with Clements at left mid for Barrow

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 79
ginnywings
October 24, 2017, 9:40pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Bignot will be even more confused than normal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 79
RoboCod
October 24, 2017, 9:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
94th minute winner for Chester

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 79
Sigone
October 25, 2017, 12:10am
Cocktail Drinker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 79
Maringer
October 25, 2017, 7:25am
Barley Wine Drinker
The Marcus Bignot show has begun already then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 79
HertsGTFC
October 25, 2017, 7:57am

Barley Wine Drinker
He's found his level - lower end of a tin pot league

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 79
Civvy at last
October 25, 2017, 8:55am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +36 / -13
Approval: +12,203
Gold Stars: 131
In my opinion, he had to go.  However, I bear him no ill will at all. He brought a smile to our faces for a little while.  Had it worked out on the pitch he could well have become a firm fans favourite.
He obviously wasn't happy about the way his departure came about, but to me that's understandable.  Even if I don't agree with him. He clearly will be a big hit with the Chester fans to start with. So for me, I'd say 'good luck' unless you play us.  

The wife was going away for a girly weekend.
I jokingly remarked  'I don't know whether to spend it watching porn or watching football'
'you may as well spend it watching porn' she replied
That's understanding darling what makes you say that? I asked

She said 'Well you already know how to play football'  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 79
buckstown
October 25, 2017, 9:25am
Champagne Drinker
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,171
Gold Stars: 79
My Chester supporting mate says although Hall-Johnson was the sponsors MOTM on Saturday he didn't look that impressive.
He also said Marcus wasn't over doing the bullsh1t and has been fairly honest about the performaances
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 79
Maringer
October 25, 2017, 9:38am
Barley Wine Drinker
Perhaps he's learned from his brief time at GTFC and the prompt departure? Don't wish him ill and wouldn't mind if he did well elsewhere - just as long as I don't have to listen to his endless spiel.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 79
HertsGTFC
October 25, 2017, 10:11am

Barley Wine Drinker
Maybe he's accepted that he can't be the epicentre of every team he manages. I think we dodged a bullet not retaining him but hope he does well at Chester as they are a decent club

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 79
HertsGTFC
October 25, 2017, 10:11am

Barley Wine Drinker
Maybe he's accepted that he can't be the epicentre of every team he manages. I think we dodged a bullet not retaining him but hope he does well at Chester as they are a decent club

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 79
jonnyboy82
October 25, 2017, 11:12am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Hey look it's all about me .

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 79
grimsby pete
October 25, 2017, 11:28am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Hey look it's all about me .

He said after the game," with such great fans we have here, if I don't get this club promoted in 2 years, I will run round the pitch with a sausage up my bum "  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 79
moosey_club
October 25, 2017, 8:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

He said after the game," with such great fans we have here, if I don't get this club promoted in 2 years, I will run round the pitch with a sausage up my bum "  

Obviously he must have met Johnnyboy whilst he was here  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 79
lukeo
October 25, 2017, 11:05pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,356
Gold Stars: 143
From what I've been told he tried to run us like a part time club and was actually an arrogant sharp object off camera
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 79
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Reece Hall-Johnson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.