Private Message
Mariner93er
October 15, 2017, 3:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,674
Gold Stars: 28
We've improved defensively so I don't see any need to change that. In all honesty, I don't think it matters what team we put out considering the style of play they're being asked to execute.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 34
Garth
October 15, 2017, 4:46pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
I`d put Osmond up front( Mike Lyons style) alongside Dembele with Jones in midfield which he prefers, at least it takes the boredom out of the game, Although I`ve never seen Osmond up front he has to be quicker than the Matts, Vernons and Hoopers of this world and he has more of a chance of getting on the end of hoofs, what do you recon
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 34
Balthazar Bullitt
October 15, 2017, 5:32pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
Donny or Marie?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 34
Rob_in_Grimsby
October 15, 2017, 6:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Garth
I`d put Osmond up front( Mike Lyons style) alongside Dembele with Jones in midfield which he prefers, at least it takes the boredom out of the game, Although I`ve never seen Osmond up front he has to be quicker than the Matts, Vernons and Hoopers of this world and he has more of a chance of getting on the end of hoofs, what do you recon

Not sure you could play the Osmond stand up front although it would be more mobile than Matt or Vernon
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 34
Tommy
October 15, 2017, 7:10pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
McKeown
Mills Clarke Collins Dixon
Dembele Rose Summerfield Jaiyesimi
Jones Matt

Bench: Killip, K.Osborne, Davies, Bolarinwa, Clifton, Cardwell, Hooper.

Will never be that I know, but that's what I'd do. Mix a few things up.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 34
Grantley
October 15, 2017, 7:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Mckeown
Mills Collins Clarke Davies
Dembele Berrett Summerfield Jaiyesimi
Jones Matt

Bench: K.Osborne, Dixon, Kilip, Rose, Woolford, Hooper, Cardwell

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 34
listy
October 15, 2017, 8:06pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: -26
Gold Stars: 3
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 34
Garth
October 15, 2017, 8:46pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from listy

Fkin silly idea, who suggested that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 34
Maringer
October 15, 2017, 9:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
I'd imagine we'll start with much the same team as yesterday. Defence picks itself (Osborne has barely played and the other two are doing OK). Davies playing better than last season and doesn't deserve to be dropped for Mills and Dixon our only left-back (who isn't nearly as poor as some claim).

Though not the biggest fan of our current midfield pairing, I'm not the biggest fan of Rose either as his fitness is suspect to me. Might need to bring him on later in the game to add some strength and deal with the usual physical hurly-burly/cheating (delete ad appropriate) we can expect from Cheltenham.

Up front, it's between Vernon and Matt to play alongside Jones. Vernon less likely to do something extraordinary or outpace a defender, but also less likely to be dominated by a defender. I'd probably put Vernon in as Matt is potentially a stronger impact sub. Jones is our biggest goal threat so has to play, even if he does sodomist all else but score the odd goal here and there. Oddly enough, this is exactly what Hooper is criticised for, but I think Jones probably has more goals in him so that's why he gets the pick.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 34
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team for Tuesday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.