Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Thug alert.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 294 Guests

Thug alert.

This thread currently has 8,189 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Croxton
October 15, 2017, 12:20am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933
Gold Stars: 31
I wanted to wait for a more positive theme for my first post but needs must! Whilst trudging back to my car along Grimsby Road near Tesco Express, I foolishly butted in on a conversation between two fans I took to be father and son ( in twenties?). They were clearly upset by the booing and repeated ' negativity' of the home crowd. I said that fans have paid their money and will vent their feelings. They bemoaned the 'constant' demands of Grimsby fans for sacking managers and seemed to think I was suspect in this regard despite my making no references to Russell Slade. The younger man then verbally abused me. I told him that his manner was not necessary and was then pushed to the ground by a third man  in his twenties who must have been behind me. I stood up and berated him for assaulting a pensioner. He said if I did not shut up, he would knock me out. As I write this, even I think it sounds  as if I must have given them some cause to be enraged but not so.
I looked around for a police officer. Invisible. I witnessed the OTT police presence at Mansfield and Port Vale. Such a contrast!
This group of four or five 'adults' got into a car at the top of Phelps Street and left quickly. Yes, I failed to assess who I was talking to and should have made neutral responses and ,having been decked, spared them the lecture. I will soon be 68 and Boylenesque in stature and have had many affable conversations with fellow Town fans home and away. I abhor victimhood and hold myself partially responsible for this undignified affair but I just felt that the matter should be aired so others may be more guarded than myself.
As I drove the seventy miles home I listened to Russell's interview and sighed. Chaos33 got it right today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
October 15, 2017, 1:07am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Sorry to hear of your troubles with fellow Town fans Croxton. Welcome to the fishy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 40
livosnose
October 15, 2017, 2:24am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,143
Gold Stars: 15
At the end of the day there is a large proportion of Town fans who are complete morons. Case example the ones at Chester away who stood up and danced right in front of our wheelchair bound disabled supporters. Half the top boys on here are down right ignorant 50 something racists as well. Utm

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 40
lukeo
October 15, 2017, 5:54am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
Sorry to hear about this, I hope you're OK. Their are some bellends who support all clubs in the football league, I don't get why people get so aggressive over a debate or just in general. Hope it doesn't put you off going to watch town, UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 40
jonnyboy82
October 15, 2017, 6:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Didn't see this but wish I had because any coward who pushes a pensioner has issues.

I'm not the type of person to have a Good nosey and carry on walking , I hope your ok mate.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 40
Rick12
October 15, 2017, 8:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Sorry to hear Croxton. Hope you have reported it

Hopefully this animal will be found and treated accordingly

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 40
Mrs Doyle
October 15, 2017, 8:21am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
You can disagree with someones views but physical violence is bang out of order even worse cowardly ganging up on a pensioner.

Seems indicative of SOME people in this town probably hyped up on booze or some other substance.

Probably go home and knock ten bells of **** out of their partner as well another easy target.

One good thing about forums you can safely vent your feelings out on here and get things off ya chest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 40
crusty ole pie
October 15, 2017, 8:30am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,311
Gold Stars: 62
You need Tom report this pretty sure there will be a lot of cctv in that area to help with identification hope your ok
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 40
Mrs Doyle
October 15, 2017, 8:36am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from crusty ole pie
You need Tom report this pretty sure there will be a lot of cctv in that area to help with identification hope your ok

Agree that area around Tesco express is a well known area for trouble bound to be some cctv cameras around there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 40
fleabag1970
October 15, 2017, 9:31am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Thats just awful but you should of known better than to try and hold a sensible conversation with some of grimsbys finest knuckle draggers ... grimsby is a dead end town  and in breading in inevitable

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 40
Croxton
October 15, 2017, 9:37am
Cocktail Drinker
Thanks all for your concern. The cctv idea is worth a call to local police. Sadly I was too angry to think straight at the time or I could have followed them to get a view of the number plate. Did anyone else think that police had a low profile after the game yesterday? No traffic management  at Macdonalds junction/ bus stops?
For what it's worth, my take on the crowd mood in the upper Youngs was that booing was directed at directors and management for the turgid tactics and that there is still support for players who put in the effort.
There were several lively exchanges between fans around row G without matters getting physical. I am still enjoying being back in the league and plan a few more away trips. If I did not have lots of family in North Lincs I would attend fewer games at BP. Like many exiles on this board, attending games is about achieving a GTFC/ Life balance. Do I help with the young grandkids or drive to Morecombe or try another route up Snowdon?
The product at BP is stale. I am hooked for life but tomorrows fans?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 40
chaos33
October 15, 2017, 9:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
At least there's some joy in the grandkids and the mountains Croxton.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 40
Marinerz93
October 15, 2017, 9:47am

Barley Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Gauging the tone of someones conversation before inviting yourself into their conversation at any instance is a must because you don't know how anyone will react to a stranger joining in. Generally talking to Town fans I've never had any bother although I've had disagreements it never turned physical.

Just the other day I was talking to a Muslim colleague about North Korea about and their missile tests and he flew into a rage about the US and Western forces in Muslim countries. I could see where he was coming from but he almost burst a blood vessel and diverted from the main issue.

Obviously it's dependent on the individual, and like you say you've had plenty of chats to Town fans, mark this down as a one off and carry on as usual.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 40
Croxton
October 15, 2017, 9:54am
Cocktail Drinker
Chose a bad example there. Saturday is totally the wrong time to brave the crowds on Snowdon!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 40
chaos33
October 15, 2017, 9:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
It is! You'd be ok in Eskdale or Duddon Valley though  

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 40
GYinScuntland
October 15, 2017, 10:30am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,210
Gold Stars: 97
Reporting it is a must, a duty even.
You could possibly save someone a future  hiding if they are caught.
These are the same sort who would attack any perceived victim anytime, anywhere.
The comments about possible CCTV are spot on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 40
October 15, 2017, 10:31am
Guest User
Really sorry this happened to you mate, an absolute disgrace. I hope they are caught and shamed. Sometimes I worry about this world we live in, I hope you are okay and it hasn't affected your confidence too much. They are coward and a disgrace.
Reply: 16 - 40
Zmariner
October 15, 2017, 10:36am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,067
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from livosnose
At the end of the day there is a large proportion of Town fans who are complete morons. Case example the ones at Chester away who stood up and danced right in front of our wheelchair bound disabled supporters. Half the top boys on here are down right ignorant 50 something racists as well. Utm

Mathis is not your thing define a large proportion. For sure there are idiots and these morons in this example are clearly dumb, cowardly and need a new hobby
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 40
KingstonMariner
October 15, 2017, 10:40am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Sorry to hear that Croxton. As an intelligent person you're clearly questioning yourself for getting involved in the conversation, but there was no excuse for what they did.

You hit the nail on the head about getting the balance right between Town/family/work/hobbies (in no particular order).

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 40
dapperz fun pub
October 15, 2017, 11:06am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Fuckiin disgraceful that but sadly not surprised.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 40
Fat Cobra
October 15, 2017, 11:22am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / -28
Approval: -1,479
Should of kept your neb out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 40
Mallyner
October 15, 2017, 11:57am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,509
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from Croxton
I wanted to wait for a more positive theme for my first post but needs must! Whilst trudging back to my car along Grimsby Road near Tesco Express, I foolishly butted in on a conversation between two fans I took to be father and son ( in twenties?). They were clearly upset by the booing and repeated ' negativity' of the home crowd. I said that fans have paid their money and will vent their feelings. They bemoaned the 'constant' demands of Grimsby fans for sacking managers and seemed to think I was suspect in this regard despite my making no references to Russell Slade. The younger man then verbally abused me. I told him that his manner was not necessary and was then pushed to the ground by a third man  in his twenties who must have been behind me. I stood up and berated him for assaulting a pensioner. He said if I did not shut up, he would knock me out.

I'm sorry to hear this mate. The scum would no doubt be going home to the house that is paid for by you and they trash, throw rubbish in the alleyway, before beating the girlfriend and starving the dog.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 40
AndyGTFC
October 15, 2017, 1:15pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +774
Gold Stars: 4
It's not alright to be negative but it's fine to shove people to the ground. Definitely got their priorities right there...

Sorry to hear about that and hopefully they found who did it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 40
lee65
October 15, 2017, 1:52pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,450
Gold Stars: 9
Hope you are ok Croxton, sorry to hear of your issues yesterday.

I think you make a good, but sad, football related point too.

Many of us still have the memories of great days at Town, and that probably means we will endure the tough times longer than most because we are hooked and have too much invested to walk away.
I feel for the younger generation, anyone below 30 has really only seen us on the way down, at least until we got back in to the league, and even that isn't too exciting at the minute.

These days, if you are not a fully committed fan, there are so many other forms of entertainment on offer, and people expect short term success and gratification or they move on to the next "trend"  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 40
Freemoash88
October 15, 2017, 2:00pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 2
Please report it don't feel bad you got assaulted. What happens if these idiots do it again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 40
Kris2
October 15, 2017, 2:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
It's best to report it, if there is CCTV it'll help and it's a busy main road area surely somebody would have seen something. Some people don't know how to handle their own emotions, not been assaulted but seen plenty of people raging after a game. After one game at the bus stop near the ground I remember one younger lad kicking the bus shelter and growling for some reason. Then he threw his phone and got angrier because he broke it.

It's not fun when you go to a game and the team serves up dross or maybe you disagree with the crowd reaction but no need to take it out on other fans or bus shelters. Neither have done anything to you personally.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 40
Croxton
October 15, 2017, 3:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Yes Fat Cobra, that's pretty much what my post acknowledged from the outset. Even so
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 40
KingstonMariner
October 15, 2017, 3:49pm
Meths Drinker
Steady on there Mallyner. Being snobbish aren't you?What makes you think they are on benefits?

There are plenty of people with money who are violent and anti-social. My mate's wife and son experienced it on a posh estate in NWaltham. I see bad behaviour all the time by people with money around well off parts of London.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 40
Croxton
October 15, 2017, 3:53pm
Cocktail Drinker
I will report it in the morning.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 40
Ipswin
October 15, 2017, 5:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Fat Cobra
Should of kept your neb out

Oh please!

Should HAVE kept his neb out

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 40
Fat Cobra
October 15, 2017, 5:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / -28
Approval: -1,479
Quoted from Ipswin

Oh please!

Understood!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 40
friskneymariner
October 15, 2017, 6:32pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Ipswin

Oh please!

To be even more pedantic it is kneb.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 40
TheCodfather1966
October 15, 2017, 6:58pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
Very sorry to hear this Croxton.  In general Town fans are great and do stick together at all times.  Attacking a pensioner is a disgrace and these arseholes need a slap.  It would be good if these people could be named and shamed.  flipping cowardly little illegitimates.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 40
Teestogreen
October 15, 2017, 8:21pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -113
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from Croxton
I wanted to wait for a more positive theme for my first post but needs must! Whilst trudging back to my car along Grimsby Road near Tesco Express, I foolishly butted in on a conversation between two fans I took to be father and son ( in twenties?). They were clearly upset by the booing and repeated ' negativity' of the home crowd. I said that fans have paid their money and will vent their feelings. They bemoaned the 'constant' demands of Grimsby fans for sacking managers and seemed to think I was suspect in this regard despite my making no references to Russell Slade. The younger man then verbally abused me. I told him that his manner was not necessary and was then pushed to the ground by a third man  in his twenties who must have been behind me. I stood up and berated him for assaulting a pensioner. He said if I did not shut up, he would knock me out. As I write this, even I think it sounds  as if I must have given them some cause to be enraged but not so.
I looked around for a police officer. Invisible. I witnessed the OTT police presence at Mansfield and Port Vale. Such a contrast!
This group of four or five 'adults' got into a car at the top of Phelps Street and left quickly. Yes, I failed to assess who I was talking to and should have made neutral responses and ,having been decked, spared them the lecture. I will soon be 68 and Boylenesque in stature and have had many affable conversations with fellow Town fans home and away. I abhor victimhood and hold myself partially responsible for this undignified affair but I just felt that the matter should be aired so others may be more guarded than myself.
As I drove the seventy miles home I listened to Russell's interview and sighed. Chaos33 got it right today.

I know - I came out of a cinema in the centre of Lancaster yesterday evening - and the area you had to pass through to get clear of 'potential drinking danger' convinced me that you said 'nothing' and avoided all 'lurching' and aggressive people (most of them).
No police visible. We survived.

Sad state of affairs for our 'civilised society?'

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 40
forza ivano
October 15, 2017, 11:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,139
Gold Stars: 265
Id go up Snowden if I were with you croxton. A far more enjoyable experience .there is much much more to life than watching mid table div 2 football
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 40
1mickylyons
October 16, 2017, 6:42am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,260
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from forza ivano
Id go up Snowden if I were with you croxton. A far more enjoyable experience .there is much much more to life than watching mid table div 2 football

Possibly the only place high enough in the UK to see the Sladeball without straining your neck
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 40
mariner83
October 16, 2017, 7:28am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Croxton
Did anyone else think that police had a low profile after the game yesterday?

This is probably why [url=http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/final-whistle-soon-blown-police-414589]http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/final-whistle-soon-blown-police-414589[/url]

Quoted from 1mickylyons

Possibly the only place high enough in the UK to see the Sladeball without straining your neck

[img]https://s1.postimg.org/27bqvpq7xr/IMG_0832.gif[/img]
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 36 - 40
Mallyner
October 16, 2017, 10:27am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,509
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Steady on there Mallyner. Being snobbish aren't you?What makes you think they are on benefits?

There are plenty of people with money who are violent and anti-social. My mate's wife and son experienced it on a posh estate in NWaltham. I see bad behaviour all the time by people with money around well off parts of London.

Point taken Kingston and I am very sorry to hear about your mate's wife and son. New Waltham is usually very low for crime and violence

I am far from being a snob though, having grown up in a Sandringham Road council house for 21 years, with no problems with anybody and my house in New Waltham, is a semi 1960s bungalow on the non posh side.

My anger is not towards genuine people on benefits, but ones like the 4 lots of morons, who have made my 2 son's streets in Cleethorpes hell. They have abused the areas, with litter, filth and anti social behaviour, damaged cars, threatened decent people with violence and destroyed the homes they were given, all of who are mercifully now somewhere else, after being evicted.

I'm afraid around here, there are more chance of the louts who abused Croxton coming from their ilk.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 40
Reverendmariner
October 16, 2017, 10:47am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +275
That's terrible, Croxton. I hope you do report it. Don't be discouraged about coming to BP. I always find it a friendly place. I can recommend the Main Stand; very archaic and the loos are a bit grim but good for families and people of a certain age, even if the low autumn/winter sun means that you have to strain your eyes for much of the game on a sunny day. I've sat there since I was about 8 with my grandfather. The most yobbish behaviour you find there is Russel Slade and often the opposition manager screaming obscenities at the fourth official.  Welcome to the Fishy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 40
HertsGTFC
October 16, 2017, 11:20am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,635
Gold Stars: 217
Sorry to hear about that Croxton, There is an odd phenomenon amongst Town fans in that a lot of trouble that I have seen over the years has been the output of arguments between ourselves, like those 2 knob heads fighting at half time in the first day at Chesterfield

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 40
KingstonMariner
October 16, 2017, 10:11pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Mallyner

Point taken Kingston and I am very sorry to hear about your mate's wife and son. New Waltham is usually very low for crime and violence

I am far from being a snob though, having grown up in a Sandringham Road council house for 21 years, with no problems with anybody and my house in New Waltham, is a semi 1960s bungalow on the non posh side.

My anger is not towards genuine people on benefits, but ones like the 4 lots of morons, who have made my 2 son's streets in Cleethorpes hell. They have abused the areas, with litter, filth and anti social behaviour, damaged cars, threatened decent people with violence and destroyed the homes they were given, all of who are mercifully now somewhere else, after being evicted.

I'm afraid around here, there are more chance of the louts who abused Croxton coming from their ilk.

Fair play to you Mallyner. I'm another product of Cleethorpes council housing (for which I'm always genuinely grateful) - parents were never on benefits, but we'd never be able to afford that standard of housing and local environment in today's world - and always quick to react to any apparent sneering.

It is hell when you've got such bad neighbours as your sons had. I've had some bad neighbours in the past but not to that level. Problems nipped in the bud because my next door neighbour was on the residents association (mostly privately owned houses and flats, but some rented out to housing associations) and he was on to cases pretty quick - the housing assoc would be in breach of covenant if they didn't act.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 40
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Thug alert.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.