Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Thug alert.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 121 Guests

Thug alert.

This thread currently has 8,187 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Fat Cobra
October 15, 2017, 11:22am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / -28
Approval: -1,479
Should of kept your neb out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 40
Mallyner
October 15, 2017, 11:57am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,509
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from Croxton
I wanted to wait for a more positive theme for my first post but needs must! Whilst trudging back to my car along Grimsby Road near Tesco Express, I foolishly butted in on a conversation between two fans I took to be father and son ( in twenties?). They were clearly upset by the booing and repeated ' negativity' of the home crowd. I said that fans have paid their money and will vent their feelings. They bemoaned the 'constant' demands of Grimsby fans for sacking managers and seemed to think I was suspect in this regard despite my making no references to Russell Slade. The younger man then verbally abused me. I told him that his manner was not necessary and was then pushed to the ground by a third man  in his twenties who must have been behind me. I stood up and berated him for assaulting a pensioner. He said if I did not shut up, he would knock me out.

I'm sorry to hear this mate. The scum would no doubt be going home to the house that is paid for by you and they trash, throw rubbish in the alleyway, before beating the girlfriend and starving the dog.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 40
AndyGTFC
October 15, 2017, 1:15pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +774
Gold Stars: 4
It's not alright to be negative but it's fine to shove people to the ground. Definitely got their priorities right there...

Sorry to hear about that and hopefully they found who did it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 40
lee65
October 15, 2017, 1:52pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,450
Gold Stars: 9
Hope you are ok Croxton, sorry to hear of your issues yesterday.

I think you make a good, but sad, football related point too.

Many of us still have the memories of great days at Town, and that probably means we will endure the tough times longer than most because we are hooked and have too much invested to walk away.
I feel for the younger generation, anyone below 30 has really only seen us on the way down, at least until we got back in to the league, and even that isn't too exciting at the minute.

These days, if you are not a fully committed fan, there are so many other forms of entertainment on offer, and people expect short term success and gratification or they move on to the next "trend"  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 40
Freemoash88
October 15, 2017, 2:00pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 2
Please report it don't feel bad you got assaulted. What happens if these idiots do it again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 40
Kris2
October 15, 2017, 2:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
It's best to report it, if there is CCTV it'll help and it's a busy main road area surely somebody would have seen something. Some people don't know how to handle their own emotions, not been assaulted but seen plenty of people raging after a game. After one game at the bus stop near the ground I remember one younger lad kicking the bus shelter and growling for some reason. Then he threw his phone and got angrier because he broke it.

It's not fun when you go to a game and the team serves up dross or maybe you disagree with the crowd reaction but no need to take it out on other fans or bus shelters. Neither have done anything to you personally.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 40
Croxton
October 15, 2017, 3:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933
Gold Stars: 31
Yes Fat Cobra, that's pretty much what my post acknowledged from the outset. Even so
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 40
KingstonMariner
October 15, 2017, 3:49pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Steady on there Mallyner. Being snobbish aren't you?What makes you think they are on benefits?

There are plenty of people with money who are violent and anti-social. My mate's wife and son experienced it on a posh estate in NWaltham. I see bad behaviour all the time by people with money around well off parts of London.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 40
Croxton
October 15, 2017, 3:53pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933
Gold Stars: 31
I will report it in the morning.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 40
Ipswin
October 15, 2017, 5:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Fat Cobra
Should of kept your neb out

Oh please!

Should HAVE kept his neb out

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Thug alert.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.