Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Thug alert.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 221 Guests

Thug alert.

This thread currently has 8,212 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Croxton
October 15, 2017, 12:20am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 33
I wanted to wait for a more positive theme for my first post but needs must! Whilst trudging back to my car along Grimsby Road near Tesco Express, I foolishly butted in on a conversation between two fans I took to be father and son ( in twenties?). They were clearly upset by the booing and repeated ' negativity' of the home crowd. I said that fans have paid their money and will vent their feelings. They bemoaned the 'constant' demands of Grimsby fans for sacking managers and seemed to think I was suspect in this regard despite my making no references to Russell Slade. The younger man then verbally abused me. I told him that his manner was not necessary and was then pushed to the ground by a third man  in his twenties who must have been behind me. I stood up and berated him for assaulting a pensioner. He said if I did not shut up, he would knock me out. As I write this, even I think it sounds  as if I must have given them some cause to be enraged but not so.
I looked around for a police officer. Invisible. I witnessed the OTT police presence at Mansfield and Port Vale. Such a contrast!
This group of four or five 'adults' got into a car at the top of Phelps Street and left quickly. Yes, I failed to assess who I was talking to and should have made neutral responses and ,having been decked, spared them the lecture. I will soon be 68 and Boylenesque in stature and have had many affable conversations with fellow Town fans home and away. I abhor victimhood and hold myself partially responsible for this undignified affair but I just felt that the matter should be aired so others may be more guarded than myself.
As I drove the seventy miles home I listened to Russell's interview and sighed. Chaos33 got it right today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
October 15, 2017, 1:07am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Sorry to hear of your troubles with fellow Town fans Croxton. Welcome to the fishy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 40
livosnose
October 15, 2017, 2:24am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,159
Gold Stars: 15
At the end of the day there is a large proportion of Town fans who are complete morons. Case example the ones at Chester away who stood up and danced right in front of our wheelchair bound disabled supporters. Half the top boys on here are down right ignorant 50 something racists as well. Utm

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 40
lukeo
October 15, 2017, 5:54am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,294
Gold Stars: 134
Sorry to hear about this, I hope you're OK. Their are some bellends who support all clubs in the football league, I don't get why people get so aggressive over a debate or just in general. Hope it doesn't put you off going to watch town, UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 40
jonnyboy82
October 15, 2017, 6:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Didn't see this but wish I had because any coward who pushes a pensioner has issues.

I'm not the type of person to have a Good nosey and carry on walking , I hope your ok mate.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 40
Rick12
October 15, 2017, 8:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Sorry to hear Croxton. Hope you have reported it

Hopefully this animal will be found and treated accordingly

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 40
Mrs Doyle
October 15, 2017, 8:21am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
You can disagree with someones views but physical violence is bang out of order even worse cowardly ganging up on a pensioner.

Seems indicative of SOME people in this town probably hyped up on booze or some other substance.

Probably go home and knock ten bells of **** out of their partner as well another easy target.

One good thing about forums you can safely vent your feelings out on here and get things off ya chest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 40
crusty ole pie
October 15, 2017, 8:30am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,334
Gold Stars: 62
You need Tom report this pretty sure there will be a lot of cctv in that area to help with identification hope your ok
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 40
Mrs Doyle
October 15, 2017, 8:36am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from crusty ole pie
You need Tom report this pretty sure there will be a lot of cctv in that area to help with identification hope your ok

Agree that area around Tesco express is a well known area for trouble bound to be some cctv cameras around there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 40
fleabag1970
October 15, 2017, 9:31am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Thats just awful but you should of known better than to try and hold a sensible conversation with some of grimsbys finest knuckle draggers ... grimsby is a dead end town  and in breading in inevitable

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 40
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Thug alert.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.