Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › If the answer is Matt...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 414 Guests

If the answer is Matt...

This thread currently has 6,592 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
October 15, 2017, 9:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Matt was no better or worse than several others yesterday. He also did win a good header in their box whilst challenged by two or three defenders, unfortunately nobody reacted and their keeper smothered it.

Not saying he is the answer but he certainly had an impressive game at Accrington and linked very well with Jones that night too
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 35
Zmariner
October 15, 2017, 10:41am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,067
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from ginnywings
Strikers need service.

Exactly , Dembele hit and miss and should not be a guaranteed starter far too much expected of him. As for Woolford , creates nothing. Any striker would struggle as yesterday no chances were created. Give Tom B  and DJ a chance , I think both deserve a go as we create nothing at home
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 35
headingly_mariner
October 15, 2017, 11:40am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Do we really need to have threads about how specific players are shite?

He's played a handful of games and was really decent away at Accrington. He had 20 minutes yesterday. It's pathetic to hammer new players like this.

Surely any issue lies with those who've set the budget and chosen the players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 35
MuddyWaters
October 15, 2017, 11:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Do we really need to have threads about how specific players are shite?

He's played a handful of games and was really decent away at Accrington. He had 20 minutes yesterday. It's pathetic to hammer new players like this.

Surely any issue lies with those who've set the budget and chosen the players.

Which is exactly the point I'm making - Slade made a big deal of signing a player who wasn't getting a start for a team that was in the same league as us last season. We look almost immobile up front. Professional strikers should know their roles which include closing defenders down but on several occasions yesterday our midfielders were shouting at Sam Jones in particular to do so.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 35
Chrisblor
October 15, 2017, 11:47am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,678
Gold Stars: 231
Are you really having a go at Matt? Get back in your box. He was exceptional leading the line against Accrington and instrumental in us winning in what I'd probably class as our best win of the season. Against Colchester he was about to tap in the equaliser before he was hacked down for a penalty. Since then he's been in and out of the team and by no means any worse than Vernon. Give him an actual chance before spouting this rubbish.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 35
headingly_mariner
October 15, 2017, 11:54am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Which is exactly the point I'm making - Slade made a big deal of signing a player who wasn't getting a start for a team that was in the same league as us last season. We look almost immobile up front. Professional strikers should know their roles which include closing defenders down but on several occasions yesterday our midfielders were shouting at Sam Jones in particular to do so.

No it's not, you've done a complete assassination on Matt as a player.

"He doesn't jump, his first touch is dreadful, smaller players beat him in the air etc etc. Will he ever score for us? At least Ben Tomlinson looked like he was trying"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 35
kevikov
October 15, 2017, 6:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +818
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from heppy88

Do you trust Slade to find something better?
After watching his post match comments, he doesnt understand why the fans are not happy! He cant understand why they are not entertained

problem is, we've been spoiled........

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 35
Teestogreen
October 15, 2017, 7:27pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -113
Gold Stars: 20
M. o. t  M. at Accrington i.m.o.
but the other half of the answer is Tees.

UTM - (dinosaurs included)  

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 35
Tommy
October 15, 2017, 7:35pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Strange thread to start TOC when you've previously had a pop at posters for singling out Berrett for criticism.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 35
MuddyWaters
October 15, 2017, 8:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Tommy
Strange thread to start TOC when you've previously had a pop at posters for singling out Berrett for criticism.

Yep - and in a way I regret doing so but Slade rattled on for so long about trying to get him and then getting him and, as I wasn't at Accrington, I haven't seen any evidence as to his capabilities. For Matt to thrive, we surely need to a. play him and b. get some service to him. Maybe I was being unfair but it's borne out of frustration at seeing us sign another player who doesn't seem to fit whatever the manager is trying to do - clearly, I'm not alone in struggling to work that bit out either.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › If the answer is Matt...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.