Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › If the answer is Matt...
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 215 Guests

If the answer is Matt...

This thread currently has 6,591 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
October 14, 2017, 6:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Then what's the question?

He doesn't jump, his first touch is dreadful, smaller players beat him in the air etc etc. Will he ever score for us? At least Ben Tomlinson looked like he was trying  
Private Message
sonofmadeleymariner
October 14, 2017, 6:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
He was a desperation signing like most of of the players Slade brought in this summer

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 35
Gaffer58
October 14, 2017, 6:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
You would assume that after watching some of our signings Fenty would be asking Slade WHY!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 35
Swansea_Mariner
October 14, 2017, 7:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62
Is it possible to terminate the loan or is he here for the season no matter what?

The reason I ask is perhaps we can find something better in the January window.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 35
heppy88
October 14, 2017, 7:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,069
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Is it possible to terminate the loan or is he here for the season no matter what?

The reason I ask is perhaps we can find something better in the January window.

Do you trust Slade to find something better?
After watching his post match comments, he doesnt understand why the fans are not happy! He cant understand why they are not entertained
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 35
moosey_club
October 14, 2017, 7:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Maybe the question is ....

Who will score goals if you put a decent cross into the box ?
Who will score goals if you get behind the opposition on a regular basis ?
Who can create chaos in the opposition box if you can get the ball in there ?

None of our strikers pose a goal threat largely because they get zero service...its unfair to single Matt out.  Vernon got 70 mins today and i dont think he even faced the goal once never mind attempted to direct a ball at it.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 35
Maringer
October 14, 2017, 7:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Matt has a reasonable enough goalscoring record for Fleetwood, and was well-regarded by Plymouth fans following his loan spell there the other season which would tend to indicate he's more than capable of playing decently at this level. Let's not do the usual Fishy knee-jerk and write him off just yet, shall we?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 35
MuddyWaters
October 14, 2017, 7:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Maringer
Matt has a reasonable enough goalscoring record for Fleetwood, and was well-regarded by Plymouth fans following his loan spell there the other season which would tend to indicate he's more than capable of playing decently at this level. Let's not do the usual Fishy knee-jerk and write him off just yet, shall we?

It's alright being 'more than capable' but, on the evidence of what he's achieved so far, it hardly looks like he was worth stalking for most of pre-season, does it?
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 35
ginnywings
October 14, 2017, 7:40pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Strikers need service.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 35
sonofmadeleymariner
October 14, 2017, 7:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from Maringer

It probably is a case of getting the wrong sort of service like Dembele does and Vernon does, just because they are big target men doesn't mean they like the ball hoofed up to them, they probably do much better wth ball to foot in Vernons case and to foot or into space on the deck in Dembele and Matts case.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 35
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › If the answer is Matt...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.